Old 03-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up W.O.W.'s "No Foolin' You" Challenge - Week 5 Chat Thread

Good morning, girls, and welcome to WEEK 5!!!!!!!!!!

Only two more weeks to go for this challenge! I must admit that I am NOT going to make my challenge goal weight, but I sure as heck am going to try to get as close as I can!

So what's everyone's strategy for the week? How are you going to make this the best week of the challenge so far?

Gotta get up and get ready for work - but I'm interested to hear what everyone's game plan is for the week, and I hope you all give it a little thought. Maybe if we start the week with a plan of attack, we'll have a better chance of planning ahead and avoiding any pitfalls!

Have a great day, girls! See you later!

W: 100 oz
E: None today - painted ALL DAY yesterday
E: 1300 calories
D: Plan ahead, plan ahead!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:12 AM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning all. I'm back from my walk and feeling better. I had another really groggy get up. I had plenty of sleep last night so I'm not sure what thats all about, but the cool fresh air on my walked helped. My weekend went pretty well. I didnt have a horrible eating day like the past few. I didnt eat perfect, but I feel good about handling it with some control this time!

My plan of attack-Stay on plan. I saw below my goal weight at the end of last week, but I'll see what Tuesday holds for "Official". I am one who weighs everyday. I like knowing and dont really flip out at the fluctuations. I am sure I'll be up today. I usually am after the weekend but by Wed. I'm usually lower again. Its kinda neat to see the pattern your body does after tracking it for awhile.

W-64+
E-3.5 miles done
E-healthy
D-get my house cleaned
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Today is my weigh-in day and I stayed the same for the first time. Oh well. It's really odd because by Thursday I was down 3 pounds to 178 and it just crept up from Friday til this morning. I did wake up with TOM this morning. But I have never found that to be a factor in the past. Whatever. I'm really okay with it.

My attack - keep on doing what I've been doing. You don't fix what ain't broke right?

I'm taking my DD to the doctor this afternoon. I think she may have pneuomonia again. Which would really scare me. That would be twice in 8 months. And that's just not normal. I hope I am wrong.

My weed is boring, so let's just say the ususal. Keep on track, drink lots, exercise lots, and eat little.

I hope everyone has a healthy and successful week.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #4  

Good morning everybody. My strategy is to stop being in denial!! I haven't been putting forth my best effort and it definitely shows on the scales, I lost two pounds this week, but it's the first loss I can report since I started -- which is pretty sad. I wouldn't mind if I was really sticking to my WEED and it didn't go down, but I've been having more bad days than good. I won't even come close to my goal of 10 pounds down, but I'll just be happy if I can get my self in gear and get going! Stocked up on fruit Friday and I'm ready to put my best foot forward and join in on the weight loss!! Have a great day!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

The weekend was the usual struggle. Restaurants are the devil. I did eat better than I would have in the past. Grilled chicken and salad bars were my friends. Hubby had some friends over yesterday and they got some pizza from our favorite pizza place. I did have one slice. I picked the smallest slice. I really wanted to go back for more. We had 3 slices leftover and I sent it home with my daughter this morning for her hubby's lunch. My grandson wanted donuts for Saturday's breakfast. I told my hubby to NOT get me any. I made my breakfast instead. There were 2 donuts left in the box. I kept walking by that box and really wanted to eat them. I was strong and didn't eat them. My hubby ate them last night. Oh yeah remember he's suppose to be eating healthier too.
This weeks strategies will be to do extra activities with my walking and see it I can get the scale to move in the right direction. Fit TV's All-Star Workout has several programs I want to do this week. Today is Ballet Strength. I'd better get into the shower so I'm ready at 9:00 for the program.

Holyteror- Sounds like you had nice performance and evening out afterwards. I bet you're glad it's over.

Tigga- What a shame the weather wasn't nice and you couldn't go on your trip.

Michelle- Sounds like you had a nice Patty's Day evening out. I hope your throat feels better. Sounds like another busy week at work. What plans do you have for vacation week?

Love- I hope the scale is back down today. How old is your daughter that's playing soccer? How often do they have practice. I hope things get better for her.

Shelby- Thanks for the compliment about me being a cool grandma. Some days the kids think so and some day they don't. I guess it depends on how much we are spoiling them at the moment. My grandson ended up staying only 1 night. We took him out to Chili's to eat and then he watched a movie on TV with his grandpa. He decided he wanted to go home and play with his brother and their cousin on Saturday night.
Congrats on the 2 pounds gone.

Jenny- Did you get back the box your hubby took to charity? Men try to be nice, but sometimes don't you just wish they wouldn't bother.

Shari- Sounds like you are getting settled into the new place. Boy, you are sure reading up a storm.

Brandi- You always amaze me how you can get up and walk so early. If only I could do that. I am a daily weigher too. I just gotta know!

Robin- I hope your DD is OK.

W- 3-4 bottles
E- 30 min walking and 30 mins with Fit Tv All Stars
E- Eat lots of veggies today
D- Finish my 2 dress orders and finally get them in the mail and out of mind.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies happy FRIDAY!!! OH wait, its only monday sigh! Actually I don't mind mondays.

Suz, to answer your questions I am going to do a couple of things different I think. I am going to start strength training 3 days a week in the mornings before work. If I do cardio then I feel like I need to do 60 minutes. I have gotten away from strength training since joining the gym because I am afraid of their equipment. I feel like my biggest trouble spot is right after work, before my workout. I want to eat constantly. I found if I take crackers or veggies with me for after work (the car ride home) and I drink a full bottle of water I am not so hungry. I am going to keep fighting after work Bingey. Maybe I will add in another slimfast shake. in the late afternoon.

Brandy, I hate groggy mornings. but I am so glad you got up and did it!!!

Robin, man I hate the dissappointment when I get on the scale and it says one thing, but on the official weigh-in day it says another. You handle it so well though! pnemonia is scary stuff, and 2 times in 8 months, wow.

Shelby, I don't get to post many losses these days. I just am happy when I don't go up. In fact I avoid the scale on weeks that I don't eat well (now that is denial!) I actually am at my lowest weight since after I had my daughter. (I got down to 153 after that).

Paula, restraunts are evil! I try to avoid them, but it is so hard to know how many calories are in something.

to everyone who posts after this one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
another day full of classes. I cant complain too much about it though I am getting paid, and getting some usefull information. 3 new people start today (maybe more now that I think about it) including my friend who will be here in about 15. I am so excited, BUT she called me to complain about her parents (who want her to start helping out with the bills, about $400 monthly) she is almost 25, come on you live there, pay! but she wanted me to agree with her, not her parents. I hope I don't have to listen to it ALL the way to work (20 minutes). I don't think I will be able to handle it. Hopefully I can change the subject to work related issues!

Okay:
W 96 oz
E 75 minutes
E 1300 cals
D avoid that rotten Bingey

Happy Healthy Day Everyone!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #7  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Default My Plan

So Suz, you'd like to see what we've got planned. Well I think my first plan of attack is to plan better. I've noticed that the weeks I've had really good losses are the ones where I've planned out every single meal for the week in advance. So that is one thing I am going to do today. I am also incorporating 2 additional workouts, 2 evenings a week. I am also going to up my workout time for 2 workouts. Starting out slow so I don't burn out. Lastly, I am going to make more of an effort to get my water intake up. I know Robin mentioned that this was probably one thing that had helped her out most. I really feel like often times I'm not as hungry as I think, but rather just thirsty. So there's my plan. I think I am actually going to print this out and post it in the bathroom so I can see it first thing every morning. My goal is to be down to 185 by month's end and I am not going to settle for anything else. Just do it!

Looks like everyone had some pretty good weekends health wise.

Robin-Sorry to hear about your DD. Hope everything checks out ok. I'll keep her in my prayers today.

Jen-I like your plan of attack. Hopefully your ride to work was a pleasent one

Brandy-I am soooo impressed that you get your walk in so early. If I could get up before my DH goes to work I could get mine in, but 4 just seems so darn early. So have you always weighed everyday? Does it usually keep you in check?

Paula-I thought about you this weekend when I was cooking some fish. I got some catfish and found a recipe for crispy baked fish. I probably would've been good, but I think my fillet was too thick and I cooked it on aluminum instead of the sprayed cookie sheet that it called for...so my fist stuck and most of the breading came off and I wasn't alltogether sure if it was even done. there was no comment from my DH, so I am going to assume that wasn't a keeper. Maybe I'll try again another time. oh and my DD is 4, so I guess the crying is to be expected.

Michelle-I understand about the Chipotle cravings. Maybe it can be a once in a while treat...without the rice and more veggies...maybe. Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead. My step sister works the same shift you do and she really likes it. Glad to hear you did so well bowling, and avoiding all of the temptations. That's a sign of true commitment. Taking your own snack. WOW.

Shelby-Sounds like your making up your mind to just do it! I think that's the hardest thing. Not the exercise or even the eating. It's mentally getting to the point where you are ready to commit to being healthy at all costs. From there I think everything just falls into place because you don't let anything get in your way. Hang in there. We're all rooting for you!

Suz-Thanks for issuing the challenge. Sometimes we need to refocus in order to move forward. I believe that this is going to help me get the scale moving in the right direction.

LaBonita-Where are are ya? How's school?

Good day to anyone I missed. Have a happy and healthy day!

Oh yeah, my WEED

W-More of it 64 oz.
E-Did it 3 mile WATP - Take kids for short walk as well
E-Within plan-control portions and get as many veggies in as possible.
D-Stop procrastinating on the things I fear most. Get some work done and get my house cleaned.

Last edited by lovemacon; 03-19-2007 at 10:59 AM.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #8  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

ok just had to let you all know that I weighed in (after breakfast and a bottle of water and TOM showed up this morning) and I was down to 188.4. I weigh in on Mon and Fri to keep me in line. So I am at least headed in the right direction.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Right here! LOL. Haven't been around for a while. I've been so busy with school. But this week is SPRiNG BREAK!! Yes! And i better enjoy it, cuz this will be my very LAST spring break ever....can't believe I'm graduating and will officially be DONE with school in December.

With mid-terms last week, I didn't do so well. So weigh-in went as expected....I maintained at 144. Hey, it could have been worse, so I'll take it! I was actually really scared to step on the scale because of how bad I was doing...plus TOM will be here in a couple days. But all turned out okay.

My plan this week is boot-camp style. Since I have LOTS of time on my hands, I'm going to stay on plan as much as I can, and work out as much as I can (within limits of course). I'm trying to decide which weight-training video to do....Jillian's Biggest Winner Workout (front and back side) or Get Ripped to the Core. Probably the Biggest Winner, cuz the Get Ripped series is pretty tough....I definitely made a mistake doing such an advanced program when I'm only just a beginner. Got a little burned out.

Good luck everyone on the last two weeks of the challenge, and I hope you all make your goals, or at least get close enough so that you're happy with what you've accomplished!

Here's the WEED for the day...
W - 4 cups
E - 50 minutes Intervals on treadmill, 30 minutes Frontside
E - 1200 calories
D - Stay on plan
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie*

up at 4:30 again for a workout...hope I can keep this up!!! eating has been ok so far, i don't know what's for dinner yet though Need a little help on water but Im workin on it
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi folks. I took my daughter to the doctor and he said it wasn't pneomonia. Thank G-d. She coughed almost non stop yesterday. She barely came up for a breath. Her head was pounding from it and her stomach muscles are in pain. He says she's just got a terrible post nasal drip and loaded with mucous. He put her on Claritin D for now. I just hope he's right. He blew thediagnosis in June when she DID have it.

Have a good evening all. Thanks for your concern.

Oh and Suz, I can't make out what your new avatar is???? Do tell.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #12  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Don't have time to say much. For those that asked, yes we did get the clothes back. Thank goodness.

We got our new fridge in. LOVE it!

No loss or gain for the week.

Will write more tomorrow......good night!!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #13  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everybody. I had a cold walk this morning. My ears are still thawing out. C'mon warm weather. I ended up taking a nap yesterday. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm feeling way to tired and not sleeping well. I'm hoping its just anxiety about the coming appt. and it'll go away after Thursday.

Its a busy but fun day here. I've got my art class, lessons, and a bible study. It should be nice I'm just hoping my energy level stays up through all I have planned.

W-64+
E-4 miles done
E-healthy
D-find some energy.

JennyWenny-glad you got the clothes back. Enjoy the new fridge

Robin-glad your dd doesn't have pneumonia. I hope the diagnosis is correct too. Its so hard to see little ones so sick and not be able to help them. Did the claritin help at all?

Holyteror-I need some of your energy. You're up before me and I'm dragging. Good to hear you're doing well.

LaBonita-Have a great spring break.

lovemacon-good job on the loss. Yes, I weigh everyday and really always have. The times I've strayed from doing this have always resulted in me getting lax, and putting on a few pounds. By weighing and knowing what mybody usually does I can nip things before they cause a bigger problem.

Jeni-Hope your classes were interesting and the ride in not to hard on your ears!

Paula-How was Ballet Strength? I actually taped that, but my SIL borrowed the tape before I did it, and I never got it back.

Shelby-glad you saw a loss. Good job stocking up on fruits. Makes me want to go do the same.

Have a terrific day ladies.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is well rested this morning and ready for a new day! I guess I am. I had an excellent workout yesterday although shorter than I wanted I was sweating more than I normally do in a 60 minute workout. The kids ran off to play, so DH decided to come into the gym. He was done after 45 minutes then hung around me the rest of the time bugging me. So I quit early. I did that big thing again it is called the SummitClimber. I went for 25 minutes!!! I sure feel my legs today. It said I climbed 1086 feet! it was about a half mile! tonight I am going for that machine again (most of the time they are empty noone likes them for some reason. Yesterday was great, the car ride was fine. Today I am going for a LONG hike to see where our Tsunami evacutation spot is (then cleaning it up and having first aid drills). I believe it is 1.5 miles but I think I am going to find my pedometer.

Sorry no personals this morning I am going to hit the weights.

W 96-120
E60 minutes
E1300 cals
Dkeep up on house work.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Yesterday was a very good day. I got my strength workout and my walking done and I ate on plan. I lost the weight I gained over the weekend so I'm hoping that I will continue losing the rest of the week.

Jeni- I think it's a good idea to take something to snack on for your trip home from work. Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday. Good Job.

love- WOOHOO on your weight! You will make it to your end of the challenge goal. Keep up the good work.

LaBonita- I hope you enjoy your spring break. Maintaining at a stressful time is a good thing. Now that's behind you, you can start to focus on yourself again. Only 1 pound to meet the challenge goal. You can do this.

Holyteror- You and Brandy make me tired just thinking about you two getting up so early. Good for you both.

Robin- I hope your daughter is feeling better this morning. I sure hope the Dr. didn't miss the diagnosis again.

Jenny- It must be wonderful to have a nice new refrigerator. I'm sure you have it all packed with healthy foods. Maintaining in better than a gain. You will see a loss next week.

Brandy- You'd better wear a hat when you go walking. We would hate for you to get frost bite on your ears. What a busy day. At least it sounds like it's going to be a day that you will enjoy.
The Ballet Strength made me feel all stretched out. Today was Masala Bhangra. That is a really good workout. I was sweating and it's fun.

Today's WEED:

W- 3-4 bottles
E- cardio done still have to walk 30 minutes
E- Keep it healthy
D- Finish the laundry and then read my You on a diet book. No real plans for the day.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote