General chatter - Are You Proud Of Your S.o.?

View Full Version : Are You Proud Of Your S.o.?

EZMONEY
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
We have been doing a little bit of bashing here on some of the threads with our SO's...What I want to know is what are you "PROUD" of about them?

I'll start (I have plenty more) with this one ~

My wife has been training really hard to get back into shape to run 5K's. She ran one this week-end, a trail run, while I walked the 2 mile trail run/walk event. Anyway she won a medal for 2nd place in her age group! So here is a :cheer2: "shout-out":cheer2: for my wife ANGIE!

junebug41
03-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Ross put himself through undergrad and grad school and is now a couple of years away from being a principle at his architecture firm (he will be 30 when this happens).

AND he took out the garbage without me asking.

jtammy
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
DH is a wonderful father. He puts his kids and family before his job. He's a very hands-on Dad, doing the lions share of running them around after school and in the evenings. He's also a pretty good cook, when he cooks.

shelby897
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
DH -- works upwards of 60 hours a week so I can stay home with the kids. He fixes everything around the house (before it even breaks!) and he just got me a new car recently.

lilybelle
03-06-2007, 12:47 AM
My DH has been there for me through all my illnesses/surgeries. He works a lot of overtime to provide finanacially for our family. He puts his life on the line as a trooper to keep our little world safe here. I am very proud of him.

NewDay4MeToo
03-06-2007, 01:59 AM
My guy worked really hard to apply to grad schools. He was accepted to two really good schools, and they are bending over backwards to get him to go to each of those schools. It makes me proud to see how his hard work has paid off.

Aquanetrocker
03-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Mark works really hard on his shyness and I've never seen him make excuses or apologies for who he is. Also, he is an amazing student (the kind you hate)..and a really great big brother :hug:

2frustrated
03-06-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm proud of DH because he volunteers as a Transport Policeman. He's also very hard working in his firm and is very knowledgeable about a lot of things that older more experienced people come and ask him about.

I'm also proud that he lets me be me sometimes! There was a time when he hated me going training, but last night I was asking him whether I should go training tonight or not, and I thought he'd say to me to stay at home and we'll cuddle. But no, he said go and show that you're interested... :hug: :goodvibes:

srmb60
03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Oooo yes! He's amazingly calm, capable, charming .... I like him, I really do!

jillybean720
03-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm also proud that he lets me be me sometimes!
I agree a million percent. My boyfriend doesn't hold me back from anything. He never asks me to stay home when there's something I want to do, never gets upset when I end up working long hours (worked about 120 hours over the past 2 weeks), never gets frustrated if I don't have time to do something I said I was going to do...he's so insanely patient and has such a great sense of humor (a MUST with my level of sarcasm).

Also, while he did not graduate from college (only did 1 semester at a community college due to infancial constraints), he has a very good job for someone his age, and there's room for him to grow even more from his current position. I'm even proud of how he got his job--he had been working retail and did a side job with a friend of his on a network for his now employer (he's a bit of a computer geek but can't get a job in that field around here without a degree or 12 :dizzy: ), and the president of the company for whom he did the side job liked him so much he called him in for an interview and hired him to do something he'd never done before just because he liked him. And now, here he is, good at what he does and still growing!

Mamato4under5
03-06-2007, 07:49 AM
My husband is a captain at our fire department and has only been in that position for a year and a half, he won fire officer of the year last weekend at their awards banquet. :D He is also a great daddy to our 4 little ones. :)

Wolfena
03-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Mine's lost 24 pounds in the last 6 weeks! :)

He gave up ice tea, potato chips & mountain dew all in one shot - and has not complained one bit about joining me in eating the 'healthy way'

Elerine
03-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Im proud (and grateful) that my bf tolerates me!
That he works SO DAMN HARD.
That he is taking a new approach to study.
That he supports my involvment in things that dont involve him.
That he joined the gym with me so he could support me.
That he supports my healthy eating habits (even if he doesn't partake himself).
That he talks of marriage and children as if it is the most natural thing in the world.

I love Michael!!

ArtsyGirl
03-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm so proud of my husband for taking control of his health. He has been overweight/obese most of his life. 3 years ago I started doing Body for Life. He decided to do it with me just so I felt supported. Well, I fell away from it, but he truly changed his life. He is now a triathlete, duathlete, and accomplished runner. He's planning on his first Marathon this fall and has a full racing schedule for the year. He has lowered his blood pressure from high enough for needing medication to well within the normal range and has also decreased his chances of continuing on his family's diabetes struggle.

He works very hard at his job and is spectacular at what he does (to the point where every place he's ever worked has things that he's the only one who knows how to fix certain problems.) He always makes time for family and appreciates the "little" things in life. He's overall wonderful.

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 09:07 AM
My husband is a fabulous father and a great provider. He works very hard so that I can stay at home. He is amazing in times of trouble or distress, also. He's such a great and committed dad that he was an adoptive father that was awarded custody of his kids in lieu of their biological mother! That's huge, imo! He's a great Christian man and a strong leader/role model for young men in (and outside of) our church. AND, he gave up BREAD for Lent and he's sticking to it!!! I'm very proud of him.

nelie
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I think all S.O.s make you feel like you want to hit them with a frying pan sometimes. Hopefully that is less frequent than the times you are proud of them.

I am incredibly proud of my DH. He is very supportive in my weight loss efforts. He is also able to deal with me, which isn't easy let me tell you!

Also, DH works hard (some weeks have been 80 hours, but average is probably 50) because he really enjoys his job. He wants to have his own consulting business eventually and he has started on the path of doing his own thing. He has creative ideas like offering his company a potential product but asking that legally he has the intelluctual rights to the product. I work at the same company and I can't tell you how many people praise DH and his work. He does do some amazing things.

One thing I am also proud of but may sound weird is DH has a degree that if used at a very junior level will absolutely guarantee a high salary. He walked away from his license and degree to do what he loves with a bit less money rather than do something he would like and get a lot more money to do. I really respect someone who enjoys their work and is able to do what they love without just seeing the monetary gains.

alinnell
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
My DH is a great father and partner. He is very helpful around the house (he'll clean anything as long as I ask him) and he will step in when needed to drive the kids wherever they need to be. He works too many hours, but what do you expect when you own your own construction business? I have to say he is a very successful businessman. He is understanding and we're very compatible.

rockinrobin
03-06-2007, 11:44 AM
My hubby also owns his own construction company and works mad crazy hours and NEVER, EVER complains about it. And he also chauffers the kids everywhere and anywhere no matter what time of day or night. He has also loved and wanted me and never said a word to me even though he married a 135 lb chick and wound up with a 287 lb G-d knows what. Although he is enjoying the new, lighter me. He is not a complainer. He is a go getter and does what needs to be done. And I guess this goes along with his business, but he is really handy. Oh yeah and he puts up with me. A little anal retentive I am. But then again I put up with him.

marbleflys
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh, I've NEVER wanted to hit this S.O. with a frying pan....:devil: but i once threatened to stuff him into the catbox (except he's 6'5" and would never fit, so he knew it was an idle threat):D

I'm more than proud of him, he's the best thing that ever happened to me. He was able to retire mid-40's from the corporate rat-race, reaping the benefits...He still works but he's relaxed about it....he's calm, I'm 180 degrees hyper-active....he has the patience of a saint and knows how to do housework without asking..... He volunteers to grocery shop, clean windows, closets and other chores to make my life less stressful, except scooping the catbox, but he feeds /waters them....He's generous both financially and emotionally. (we're not married)....and he's always helpful and kind to my mom (she's 87).

he never complains, treats me like a princess both physically and mentally. I'm a VERY lucky woman!:carrot:

(very nice thread EZ)!

ennay
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Nelie - I dont think that is weird at all.

dh is a great dad. He reads to and plays with our kids all the time. He shows them so much love and affection it just melts me.

I suffered a lot after dd was born with isolation, it was really hard to deal with that aspect of being a SAHM. Last year I joined a momsclub and he makes it a priority to give me time to get away with them or friends for time to myself regularly. I think he is even more glad than I am that ds will take a pumped bottle (dd wouldnt) so I can get that time.

I'm also an incredibly light sleeper who suffers from chronic insomnia. The slightest sound will wake me up and then I will be up for a minimum of 90 minutes. DH on the otherhand can wake up, do something, and be back to sleep in less than 30 seconds. Since ds was born he has been the one who slept in the same room with the baby (at first) and now sleeps with the monitor while I sleep soundly in the guest room. He takes care of all wakings that involve giving a pacifier or a nightmare (dd) or whatever and brings the baby to me only when it is time for him to eat.

He takes incredibly good care of me and spoils me.

FrouFrou
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I've never been so proud of one person, other than my children. I am very proud of my hubby. Afterall he married me with 3 children and a doggy, and he puts up with me and my moods, lol! :lol: Seriously though...

He works hard to provide for his family, our family. He gives me my space to be me. He treats my children like they are his and there's nothing he wouldn't do for them. He is a great do-it-your-selfer (we both are and it saves lots of moola!), a great friend, lover and spouse to me. Has a great sense of humor, is kind and caring. He supports me 100% in all I do and we joined WW together. I am proud to say he has lost a whopping 21 1/2 pounds in 6 weeks! I am for sure a proud wife and mother.

RRVMMM
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
As of this month my husband has been in the Army for 20 years. I am proud to be a Military Wife and am Super Pround of My Soldier.

cinderly
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Great idea, Gary!

I am so, so lucky in my Other Human. He has been my number one fan since the day we met and ultra-supportive of my lo-o-o-o-o-ong trek to finish my undergrad degree (I've been a college student for 12 years, now). He is an incredible cat-dad and is almost exclusively in charge of their care -- when they go to the vet, he takes them. When they demand breakfast at 6 am, he feeds them. He typically scoops the litter box and he ALWAYS changes the litter on time.

He also does his own laundry, is in charge of the vacuuming (I HATE to vacuum), and cleans the bathrooms if I forget. He also does 80% of the grocery shopping and makes dinner most nights.

He's also really, really dedicated to his family. He probably talks to his folks and brother once a week and hangs out with them fairly regularly. He works hard and plays by the rules. He's just an all-around good guy.

He's also a gifted musician, carpenter, and cyclist, although his humility prevents him from admitting how awesome he is.

707Goddess
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
OH YES!!!
MY DH is wonderful also he has taken my 4 kids on as his own my mother moved in with us about 3 years ago with my 15 year old brother NOW THATS A MAN
we recently bought a new house and he just got a 2nd job at home depot so we can afford it
oh and finally
HE DEAL'S WITH MY HEAD DEAMONS :devil: :devil: :twirly: :hyper:

melekalikimaka
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I am proud of my DH because he is a self-made business man. He rose above his troubled youth and family life, was the only one in his family that graduated high school, joined the Army guard to get away from his family and get some perspective in life. He got his contracting license and makes an honest respectable living instead of living off the "system" like his older brothers and sisters. He is a wonderful father, a great provider and handsome as all get out.

almostheaven
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
He works a lot of overtime so I can stay home with the baby, even though he's back to partly battling an illness they thought they'd licked. :( He goes the extra mile when I'm sick, running out to pick up ice cream and jello to sooth my achy throat. ;) He hardly ever complains (I do enough of that for the both of us). He's a good dad and loves to spend time with his son. He's a go getter in business and can always seem to make a really good impression on the job. He must, they keep giving him raises. ;)

KylieH
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
My turn to gush...my husband is one of the most intelligent, compassionate, and caring people I've ever met. He loves me 100 % and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world...even on those days when I'm decked out in a ragged tee-shirt and sweatpants. Can you get any more brilliant than that? HAHAHA... I have no idea how I lucked out to get this guy, but I know I'm not giving him up!

buckettgirl
03-08-2007, 09:01 AM
My husband has spent the last 3 years being our only income, working 50 hours a week at a job he hates just so I can finish college. Last semester, he took an EMT class in the evenings after he worked a 10 hour day!
Just found out last month that he passed his boards and is now officially an EMT. He is working with the volunteer EMS on weekends while still holding down the job that he hates...
I love him. I couldn't have made it through school without him. And he can move on to being a full-time EMT after I graduate this May; I'm so proud of his accomplishments.

Indychick829
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
My boyfriend is the most supportive and caring man I've ever met. I'm also proud to say that he's just as concerned about his health and well-being as I am and is an AMAZING cook. He makes FANTASTIC healthy meals about 5 times a week and couldn't be more supportive of me always going to the gym (he goes too) and trying to get back in shape. And in going along with the fact that he goes to the gym...he lifts weights all the time even though he's got a metal rod in his back due to a slight amount of scoliosis - but he refuses to let that stop him.

He's an extremely hard worker and loves his job.

Yesterday we received our desk we ordered from Ashley Furniture and I called to tell him...he picked it up and had it up and together by the time I got home from work (overtime last night)...

I'm very proud to say that he's a NEATFREAK! lol...my ex-roommate was a slob and it was disgusting. I LOVE living somehwere where I finally have someone who likes things neat and clean all the time like I do!

I'm just proud to tell everyone he IS my boyfriend.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm very, very proud of my boyfriend. He's working his butt off to get through school, even though it doesn't come easily to him, and had the guts to change majors from something he hated but his parents thought was a good decision to something he loves.

He's always willing to do anything he can to help me out, and he always makes me feel like the most important thing in his life. We've gone through some incredibly tough times recently and throughout it all, he's hung in there even when I wanted to give up and he's kept us going so that we're now stronger than ever.

He's an amazingly gifted musician who's always challenging himself to do new things and keep himself learning. He has an inquisitive mind and a really quick wit that I absolutely adore. He's been an awesome uncle to his nephew and it's been a really fun experience seeing them together.

I love this man more than I can say and I feel so lucky that he chose me to spend his life with. He makes me excited to live my life (and that's saying a lot coming from a person with major depressive disorder!).

EZMONEY
03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
You gals are AMAZING! If you weren't, you wouldn't have such great S.O.'s! This has been a good thread, thanks for the shout-outs from those that complimented me on it! :hug:

HEY! Maybe I have the MOST S.O.'s :carrot:

I am going to start another feel good thread ....look for it ;)