WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for March

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for March

Tina
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
It's March. this year is flying by like the last one.....

If you weigh-in on Thursdays or if you used to weigh-in on Thursdays or if you just want to talk with this great group, please post here.:D :D :D

Everyone have a great weekend.

:flow1:

auntie
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for starting us off Tina! It's hard to believe that it's March already!!!

I survived the basketball game! I thought I was going to die the last game. We played 2 games. I had much more energy during the first one. I burned 735 calories! I wore my heart monitor.

I went with Pat last night to hear the band play. The club was showing the Ultimate fighting Championship. It was packed!

Tammy, Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I had a drink for you last night in your honor! Enjoy time with Tim!!!! Oh yeah...... take care of yourself now!!!!! I think you should try accupunture for your fibro. It's very relaxing! VERY!!! And I'm not hungry at all! It's pretty cool because now I'm not obsessing about food.

Tina, how are you? Are you planning any trips?

I have NO idea where my little sister is!!! It's not like she has anything to do! :hug: I'm sure that I'll hear about that comment. She has been busy with girl scout cookies. She is always on the go with the kids too.

Where is everyone else?

auntie
03-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Everyone post even if it's just to say "hi". We miss you!!!

Tammy
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Tina, I agree about time flying by!!

Susan, good for you on the basketball games!! Wish we could have been there to cheer you on. I think I may try the acupuncture for the pain. I need to get information from one of the 5th grade teachers because her mom had it done recently for her back. Another friend's mother is drinking a few ounces of cherry juice each day, and she said that is helping with her pain.

We had fun with Tim. I ate grilled chicken and vegies off of the lighter menu at Damons. It was really good, and I would order it again. It was about 10 points, but what I usually order is a gazillion points.

We're planning to get up and go to the Y in the morning. I plan to hit the nautilus room and do some of the machines that I used when I was doing therapy for my back. I sure hope I remember how to do everything. It's not very busy in the mornings. I like that.

maureen kempster
03-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Good evening everyone-Sorry I haven't posted for so long I do come here and read the posts though- Tammy congratulations on your retirement-now you can concentrate on the gym etc-Tina hello-Susan way to go with the basketball games-I'm tired just thinking of playing. Nothing much happening around here-the weather is still cold-still snow(will it ever go away!!!!)I did manage to go to a concert last wednesday-Van Morrison-the place was sold out and on Tuesday Mar 6 I'm going to see Rod Stewart-this is all compliments of my day job-I went with the lady who owns the company-they bought the company in July and they're from Ireland. I haven't been to a concert in years and years, so this is unusual, but nice. I'm still maintaining my weight and it was a year on feb 27 that I quit smoking again. Tammy, tell your husband to hang in with the no drinking it may be hard at first but he can do it.

I promise I won't be so long in saying hello I Promise, I promise
take care
maureen

auntie
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Maureen,
It's so good to hear from you!!! I knew you kept up with us. Ok, I have to tell you Van Morrison is one of my favorite singers. However, Rod Stewart is still my favorite in many ways. I went to see him with my older sister when I was 16. We got up to the front row and my sister got pictures of him and he posed for her. We were in love!!! :) He still does something for me. The two of us still laugh about it.

Congratulations on No smoking for a year!!! You have to feel much better! Just think how that has improved your life.

Hopefully ya'll will thaw out up there!! If not come down to Texas! :)

Tina
03-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi all,
:bravo: :bravo: Maureen!!! You are something, maintaining your weight and not smoking. :carrot: :carrot: :cp:

Tammy, :dance: for eating such a healthy way. I'm sure Tim had a great time with y'all.

Susan, :tantrum: sorry I couldn't see you playing ball.

:whoo: for me. I ate all my 35 flex points, plus today's points--today! :D I didn't count but must have. We went out after church. We had seafood. This place makes homemade cinnamon rolls--big ones. Need I say that they were stupendously good. :dizzy: :lol:

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Tammy
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey Maureen!! Great to hear from you. Rod Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go!!
And Van Morrison too!! Wow! No smoking for a year is totally awesome!!! I'm concentrating on becoming healthier. Now I have time for ME!

Susan, I know a lot of people who were in love with RS!!

Tina, I cracked up about using all the points. Sometimes it just happens.

Today we went to the Y for an hour. I rode the recumbent bike and did machines. Tonight I had water aerobics. I think I earned the piece of chocolate that I had earlier. lol

I plan to go again tomorrow and walk and do the bike again. (if I can move!!)

maureen kempster
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Good morning ladies-all's well up here(maybe still a bit cold)-went to see Rod Stewart last night-I'm telling you he sure puts on a great show-I really enjoyed it. I'm leaving for work soon just wanted to say hello and keep in touch.
maureen

Tammy
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Maureen, I am soooooooooooo jealous!!! I want to see him right now!!!!

Actually right now I am headed to the Y again.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tina
03-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Greetings to everyone......
Maureen, I'd love to have seen Rod, too. :)

Tammy, have fun at the Y.

I'm going to dust off the exercise bike and use it this morning.

Tammy
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Ok. We need to plan a get-together, and we'll invite Rod Stewart! I'm sure he would agree to it, don't you think?

The Y was good this morning. Not very busy at all. I had the room all to myself when I was riding the bike and also when I walked on the treadmill. I was watching the Today show though, so I had company. lol I also did some of the cardio machines. I can't believe that I've gone every day this week, but I feel good when I'm finished. Tonight I had water aerobics. We have so much fun in the class.

Bob packed while I was gone. We don't leave till Saturday morning for GA, but he is basically ready now! I have a few things in a suitcase, but I need to get a lot more in there. My jammies and undies are packed!! lol

Tomorrow I am attending my first retired teacher's meeting! The president used to teach with me, so I'm very comfortable going. It's a luncheon, and there will be a speaker on gardening (I kill plants!!). I think I'm going to go to the morning WW meeting since I'll be close to there in the morning. I really don't want to go to the night one after eating a big lunch.

Not expecting a loss. My TOM still hasn't started. Maybe this could be the beginning of menopause? Or is it just messed up because I wanted it to be finished before we leave for GA????

We're taking Tim's computer with us, so maybe I'll get some time to read and respond to messages next week.

Tina
03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Evening all,
I fixed Zatarain's red beans and rice for supper. You can have 1 cup for only 3 pts. It's great!

Tammy, how long will you be gone to GA? Have a great time.

Tammy
03-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Tina, I've looked at that at the store, but I wasn't sure if it would be any good. Now I'll have to give it a try!!

We will be home Sat. the 17th. Tim starts classes again on the 19th, so we thought we should come back. Bob suggested just putting Tim on a plane to come home, and we'll just stay there longer. I think he was almost serious!!

I didn't get up and go to the Y this morning. I might go later today. If not, I'll go in the morning.

Where is everyone?

Tina
03-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi,
Tammy, don't overdo it at the Y. Give yourself a day to rest. (Sound like good advice!:D ) Especially since you haven't been exercising every day, it would be good to rest today. That's advice from Dr. Tina. :dizzy:

Susan, how are you doing?
Sis, Maureen, Jodi, Mimi, Brandy, and everyone else------POST HERE!!!!!

I exercised my 30 minutes on the treadmill today. The scale was the same but my new skirt is looser. Yea!

Tammy
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Dr. Tina, I have rested today. I am taking your advice. I plan to go back to the Y in the morning since we're leaving on Saturday. Good for your skirt being looser!!!! Hooray!!

The retired teachers luncheon was nice. Boy am I young!!! The ladies I sat with were 90, 89, and 87. I am 51.

auntie
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi,
We have been making the most of my spring break. Pat took the week off so we have played. We went to a wild life park and had a blast. Yesterday, we heard all of the neighbor's dogs barking in the pasture across from us. Pat walked over there and there was a baby calf that was separated from it's mom. It was weak. So we carried it across the field, put him in the back of my car and drove up our drive. The cows had all left the pasture and were in a very far back pasture. I got some milk from the feed store but he wouldn't take very much. He was so weak. We noticed the cows were back around dusk, so we took it back in the wheel barrow, knowing that it would most likely not make it due to the condition of it. Poor little thing. Pat walked over to check on it this morning and said it was still alive but probably wouldn't make it much longer. I noticed this afternoon that a cow was standing near the shed where the calf was. I'm sure it was the momma. It broke my heart.

I exercised this afternoon.

Yes, I agree, we need a get together and FYI "Rod" would be all mine. Actually, I don't think I'm his type "Long, thin and blonde" :)

Tammy, I laughed when you said how much younger you were at the table.

Tina, how does David like his job?

Maureen, I would love to see Rod Stewart play his new "old" music. I love him singing the oldies. I have alll of those cds and they are my favorites.

auntie
03-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Dr. Tina, I like that title!!!! :)

Tina
03-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Tammy,
Have a great time on your trip!!!!!!!

Tammy
03-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Susan, that was great of you guys to take care of the calf. I had tears in my eyes when I was reading about it. I'm not Rod's type either, but I sure love those old songs! I have 3 of the cd's and I love them.

We are leaving in about an hour, and I couldn't sleep. I'll probably fall asleep in the van. Good thing I'm not driving first!! Behave while we're gone!!!

Tina
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I hope Tammy and family are in GA and are having a great time.

It's coolish here tonight. How's the weather where everyone else is????

How was everyone's food intake today? I did great at breakfast and lunch. We went to Olive Garden and I picked things that I knew the points. Supper was another subject. I'm sure I've gone over my limit. Good thing we have flex points. :D :D :D

Everyone have a great Monday.

Tina
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Morning,
I hope everyone is looking forward to weighing tomorrow. I am! I have a feeling that my tracker is going to move. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

auntie
03-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi,
It has been a busy week. My aide came back from her leave for surgery. So I have her full time now. It's great!!!

We had a great St. Patrick's Day! Pat's band played last night and it was great! Some Marines were there and the band sang some songs for them. They had been in Aghastian and are now getting ready to be deployed to Iraq. They told Pat, it was the best time they had had in 2 years. It broke my heart because they were babies!

So today, we haven't done much! We got home and in bed at 4:30 this morning.

I get a student teacher tomorrow and will have here for 7 weeks. Hope she is good.

Hope everyone is doing good! Sorry I've been out for several days.

GoddessInclined
03-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Okay, okay...it's been awhile, and since I've been MIA, it seems the T-birds have taken over the joint. And I have NO Ts in my whole full name.....but a J is a T with a little hook--does that count?

So...I went in for a massage on February 7th, during TOM. Because my tummy hurt, I did a little rub-rub while waiting for the therapist to come in. I feel a thing....that feels like I'm about 3 months pregnant. Which isn't remotely possible. (Must be having sex for that....see?) Anyhoo...the massage therapist poked at it a bit, said "that's not good" in a voice that meant "that's really bad" and made me promise to go to the doctor.

So...I have no medical insurance, but I go. I arrive at 8:40 am the next day, and after a pelvic exam, an CT scan, three blood draws, a urine sample, an ultrasound, an intra-vaginal ultrasound (whoot!), and another freakin' pelvic exam, I'm told that I need to clear my schedule for surgery either next week OR, if the blood tests reveal elevated cancer antigens, ASAP. Appears that I have a cyst on my right ovary that is NOT simple and IS huge. And one on the left ovary as well, but that one's relatively small by comparison (3 cm vs 13 cm). I leave the doctor's office at 4:00 p.m. It's a long day.

So...I go home. Try to sleep. Take drugs to sleep. Still don't sleep. Go to work the next day where at 9:23 am, the doctor calls to let me know that the cancer antigens came back at normal levels, so I most probably do NOT have cancer. Which is good, because I was pretty sure I was a dead woman.

So...I'm scheduled for surgery on February 15th. That's right, ladies, for Valentine's Day, I gave myself the gift of a hospital stay and Percoset. I had my right ovary and uterus removed, and a cyst removed from my left ovary. The one on the right ovary turned out to be entirely benign with no chance it should have ever turned malignant, and happens to be one of those tumors you hear about "woman has 65-lb tumor removed that she didn't even know she had). Unfortunately, mine didn't weigh that much, and I'm going to have to keep on counting points and exercising. Grrrr. The cyst on the left ovary was in the early stages of becoming a 65-lb tumor, so my yearly poke-and-prods will now include ultrasounds. Insurance companies will love me!

So...I'm doing extremely well. I'm back to work at my sit-down job (chiropractic) as of Monday. I'm all good with not having more kids...it was a decision I'd already come to a year ago, and this just makes it easier to say "Not only do I not want more kids, I can't have more kids." End of story, sorry, Romeo. (Hard to date guys at this age and say "I don't want more kids." They think they can talk you out of it.)

The worst part is...I've had to postpone my excellent exercise & dance classes, and am just getting back to walking, although not for long distances. So that's set me back timewise even more. Dang it. No bikini for me this summer to show off my lovely new tummy decoration! And tomorrow I'm going in for a massage....mmmmm.

And that's all for now.....how's everyone else doing?

Tina
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow Jodi,
I am so glad you are all right. That's so scarey.
Behave yourself.
Love,
Tina

Tammy
03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Tina, we talked about going to Olive Garden on our trip, but we ended up at a local restaurant. It was pretty good too.

Susan, so glad that your aide is back! That will make the school year go more smoothly for you and the students. I want to come and hear Pat's band sometime. Wouldn't that be fun? Having a student teacher will be easier for all now that the real aide is back. Good luck with her!!

Jody, a J is close to a T, so I think it counts. lol You have been through so much!! I've had one of those intra-vaginal ultrasounds, and they are not fun. Too bad it wasn't a 65 pounder and you could relax on the exercise and watching your food, BUT I am so thankful you are ok!!! PLEASE come and post more often!!

As you can see, we are home from Georgia! The weather was beautiful and I am ready to go back. And we will!!! We have a down payment on a one-bedroom villa just off the beach. We looked at several places, and this one was the last place on the road where we were wanting to stay. Bob really didn't want to look at it because he figured it would be too expensive. It's cheaper than most of the others, and it has a full kitchen! We wanted that if we are going to be there for a month next February. Tim is already planning to fly down to visit us, and he has been online checking out ticket prices. Kramer will have to go to the Pooch Parlor for that time. Tim said he'll come home on the weekends and pick Kramer up and spend the weekend with him, then he'll take him back to the Pooch Parlor when he goes back to school.

I hope that I'll be able to leave Tim and Kramer. I'm already worried about it. I don't see Tim all the time now. We do talk on the phone and email quite a bit though. And it's only for a month.

I hope we can all get back to posting more regularly again. I know I've been out of the habit, so I need to kick myself and get back in here.

On our trip, I gained 2 pounds, and I was thrilled because I didn't journal anything while we were gone!

Tammy
03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I just had a problem that I had on another thread. It won't let me post because it says I am not logged in. I have been logging in, so I don't understand. For ages, I never had to login when I came here. Anyone else having problems like this?

Who do I contact about it?

Tina
03-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Tammy,
Go to Announcements and Forum Help. You can start a new thread and ask Suzanne about it.
Glad y'all are home.

auntie
03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome home Tammy and Jodi!!!!!

Tammy, it sounds like ya'll had a good time on your trip! I'm looking forward to my student teacher. She is real sweet and I think she is going to do a good job. She even jumped in and helped out on her first day.... that shows motivation. Maybe we should all come to Florida :)

Jody, WOW what a month you have had!!! Hope you are feeling better! I want a massage!

Tina, what's new with you? I'll be down your way next week.

I tried to stick to being OP today. I agree we all need to get back to posting. I've missed everyone.

Tina
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi all,
Boy, I've been strictly on program for 2 days now. :carrot: :carrot:
Of course, at the moment I'm starving. It's almost bedtime so I can just go to sleep......don't want to spend any flex points on something.

Susan, sorry we can't get together when you are down my way.
Tammy, have you done all your washing? It takes me a couple of days when we return from a trip.

Jodi, how are you doing?
Maureen, haven't heard from you in awhile. Is it warm enough to roller blade?

Where are all the "Ts"??? :D

auntie
03-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I've tried to stick to being OP too. I hope I have some results that are positive this week.

Tina, don't worry about it, I understand. We will the next time I'm down that way.

Tammy, you can always come do my wash if you need any extra :)

Jody, how are you feeling?

Well it's only Tuesday and I'm ready for the weekend. Sad isn't it! It's been a rough week so far. Hope tomorrow goes smooth....

Tammy
03-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I think there is still one small load of wash to do, but it's not an emergency. I'll probably wait for a larger load.

Tina, I hope you made it through the night without too many hunger pains!!

Susan, glad your student teacher will be a good one. I think I was always ready for the weekends. Even on Mondays!!

I've done ok since we've been home with the food and water, but the exercise has been little and none. Need to get moving!!

Tammy
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Kramer and I went for a nice walk this morning, so at least I was out and moving today. The food was good too. Met with some teachers after school today, and we had a good time talking and laughing. Meeting some next Tuesday too. Some will be the same as today because of meetings they have at night. I'm soooooooooo glad I'm retired!!!

Carol and Melissa are taking me away this weekend as a retirement gift. We'll be in a B&B, not the one we go to at Christmas. We'll be at a couple towns with lots and lots of shops!! Woo hoo!! We'll leave Sat. morning, and we'll be home sometime on Sunday.

Tina
03-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Everyone have a great weekend.

Tammy, wish we could all go on that trip.

GoddessInclined
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi, again!

Thanks for all the kindness. I'm really feeling very good. If it weren't for the big scar down my belly, I'd hardly know I've had surgery. Although now and again, I get real tired, so then, if possible, I lay down. Naps have become my friends!

Looking forward to getting an "all-clear" to begin exercising regularly again. Since I have to start at ground zero, I'm going to follow Bob Greene's LAST book (before the current one) and really look at eating issues from an emotional level as well as from a physical one. So...I'll keep you all updated on that..I hope. As well as still going to meetings and stay OP, of course.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Jody

Tammy
03-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Tina, I'm sure you all would have enjoyed the trip. We were in so many shops, I couldn't remember what was in each one. We also laughed so much. We were a bit disappointed in the B&B. The floors needed a good cleaning. The rest of the place was clean, but some sweeping and mopping were definitely in order. It was very quiet and secluded. We were in a cottage, and there was a house next door but no one was staying there. The owner's home was on the same property, but not really that close. I bought a purple gazing ball and stand to put it on. Haven't decided for sure where I'll put it yet. Also bought some sweet and hot mustard that we sampled. Yummy!!

Jody, naps are my friend too. I didn't get one on Saturday. When I got home Sun. afternoon, I slept for 2 hours. Last night I actually slept for 8 hours! I haven't done that in ages. I'm sure your energy will be back.

Today it is supposed to be 78! Woo hoo!!! I plan to go out and trim up some dead places on bushes, and just enjoy the day. Tonight I have water aerobics. I'm sure it will feel great.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Tina
03-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi all,
Welcome home, Tammy. I'm glad you had such a good time.
I'm going to be mopping our bathroom floors today. Yuck. I put that off as long as possible.

Amy, where are you friend?
Susan, I hope work is okay today.
Maureen, you are quiet.
Jody, hope you are feeling good today.

Tammy
03-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Tina, I understand what you mean about the mopping! That is something I put off also.

I didn't get as much done today as I wanted, but tomorrow is another day. I did get another 2 hour nap. I really think the weekend wore me out. Today was the first time that I have taken my arthritis medicine since the first week of March. I had decided to see if I could do ok without it since I wasn't going to school. I've been ok until last night.

Talked to Tim for quite a while this afternoon about where he will do his internship his senior year. He has a while until he has to do that, but next year he'll have to make a decision. He has been checking out numerous places, and he called to ask my opinion on doing it in Georgia! He loves the area where we were on our trip, and he seriously thinks he would like to live and work there. By doing his internship there, it would give him an idea if he really would like living there. He is going to go talk to one of the professors who is in charge of internships and run it past her.

I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting the hot tub after aerobics tonight. Maybe I should just do that for the entire time!!!

Where is everyone??

auntie
03-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Guess what????? We FINALLY got some rain!!!! :)

I'm off to Houston tomorrow. They got me a different sub for each day. My friend said why don't I sub for you and the sub can take my classes. It would be easier on my kids. That was a big relief!

My student teacher seems like she is going to be good. She did her first class today. She is very nervous with my girl. It is a little over whelming.

Tammy, glad you had fun on your trip! I have a friend who's husband is a State Trooper in Georgia.

Tina, is it raining down your way?

Amy's 5 year old has the flu. My poor little Jumper! He even had the flu shot.

Tammy
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I think we could have shipped you some rain after all that we had last week. Glad you got some!! That is good that there will be one person for your classes. I could never understand why they would get different people if they knew someone would be out for more than one day.

Tim would probably love to talk to that state trooper! He is in contact with a couple from Ohio plus some county sheriff deputies and some policemen. He has been comparing so many different types of jobs which is a good thing.

Poor Jumper!! Hope he is feeling better soon.

Water aerobics was fun tonight. I didn't go in the hot tub. We had a large class tonight, and there were other people already in it when we finished class.

Tina
03-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Wanted to pop in to say "Hi."
This is a very busy week for me.

Hope everyone does well OP.

Tammy
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi to you too Tina!!

I met with the 5th grade teachers today for supper. Those were the women I worked so closely with this year. I sure miss talking to them on a daily basis. I worked out in the yard cutting off dead things around the bushes and other plants. Hopefully I didn't kill anything.

Tina
03-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi all,
Everyone is busy posting on the weigh-in thread but not here.
We need to do something about that....hint, hint, hint. :D

It's been a very busy week for me. I've had appointments and meetings, etc. every day. I'd planned on working in the yard all tomorrow; however; they are saying that we'll have thunderstorms now. Boo :( :p

I've done so good OP this week. But, I feel bloated today. Just one of those things, I guess.

Tammy, have your sold your other house yet? You haven't mentioned it in a long time.

Tammy
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
LOL I was thinking the same thing about the threads, and I know that I am guilty!

We are supposed to have a closing on the house the week of April 9!! We had told our realtor that we wanted to have some open houses and then have an auction. We knew there was a couple interested, but they were being a bit slow about things. Apparently our realtor called theirs and mentioned the auction because they put a serious bid on it the next day.

This Sat. my brothers and their families are meeting us there for pizza and lots of memories. We moved their in 1966, so there are LOTS of memories.

Terry, we have been to Jekyll several times. Bob lived in Brunswick for a few years when he was in elementary school. This time we stayed at the Days Inn. We have a deposit down and reservations for a one-bedroom villa at the Villas by the Sea for February. Get out of the icky weather here!! I agree about the lack of places to eat. We usually eat at SeaJays, Blackbeards, the pizza/ice cream place. This time we ate at the restaurant at the Villa, and it was good! We also spent some time in their lounge chatting with people who stay their during the winter monthes. We are starting with 1 month, then maybe more in the future.

Bob and I went to see Wild Hogs this afternoon. I laughed so much!! I like matinee prices compared to evening prices too.

Tina
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
We've seen "Wild Hoggs." It is so funny.
Our show used to have the Senior age as 55. That was great for us!!! But, now they've raised it to 62. So, I guess it's back to Saturday matinees. :)

Tammy
03-31-2007, 12:23 PM
How much are the matinees? Any show before 6:00 any day of the week is $4.25 at the theatre where we went yesterday. I think that is their senior price all the time, but I'm not sure what they consider a senior. Bob is 59, so maybe we should ask sometime. I also want to see Meet the Robinson's. I know it's a kid's movie, but I'm still a kid!

I have my CD player with Beatles, Chicago, and Jackson 5 cd's ready to play at the house this afternoon. We all liked different types of music as kids. I liked it all, but the Jackson 5 is for me! lol

We need to collect the house keys from my brothers and Tim today. I want to get a special keyring for the new owners to give to them at closing. I also want to have a nice plant with fresh flowers waiting for them when they take possession. I know I wouldn't normally do that, but Erin is one of my former 2nd graders. In fact, she was in my class when I was pregnant for Tim, and she was the first student who found out that I was pregnant and she kept it quiet!

I received my severance paycheck this week. Sure wish they didn't have to take taxes out!! lol

It's raining here, and it's only about 50 degrees. Wish it would have been a nice day for getting together, but I'm sure we'll have fun. We can mop and/or sweep if we make a mess in the house.

I need to look at a map and see where everyone on this thread lives. Try to find a spot where we all could meet. I've done that a couple of times with another group, and we had so much fun! We met in Indianapolis once and Chicago twice. I don't think that would be convenient for all of you though.

Tina
03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Tammy, I was thinking about you today. I hope your visit to the old house wasn't too hard on you and your brothers.
I know that I had a very hard time when we sold Mother's house. Well, it was my only home until I married. So, I know how hard it can be.

It has rained here all day. I'm ready for real spring weather.

I can't believe that next Sunday is Easter. I've already told my sister that I'm bringing a veggie tray this year to our dinner, along with the other food I take. I need something healthy that I can munch on and fill up on. :D

Tammy
04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Tina, things were ok until everyone was getting ready to leave. Then my two brothers and I spent some time together inside the house without everyone else. Lots of tears and lots of memories. Tim didn't do well when he first pulled in. He took a walk back to the creek behind the house, and he sat down and cried. When we were leaving, he started again. He is emotional just like me.

Today is beautiful! All the windows are open. I can't believe next week is Easter either.

Tina
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
New April thread has been started by Tammy.
Go there to post!!!!