Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 12:18 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #126

My last post rolled over to the second page so will start a new thread.

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is BRRRRY cold and so windy . . . 34 degrees but a wind chill of 20 according to the weatherman. Here is the puzzle for the day -- I went to feed my orphan momma cat this morning and sitting right beside her was one of her kittens that we had moved to the farm! Now DH was out there yesterday so we don't know if she hitched a ride in or under the pickup or walked back all by herself. It's probably a good 4+ miles; I'm betting on the pickup ride and DH says she walked. She was glad to see me!

Lorraine -- I hope the weather holds for your weekend project. It sounds like a busy one for you.

Maggie -- why are you cutting glass?

It is bedtime so I am heading that direction. Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 10-25-2001, 09:23 AM   #2  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN You must be a really good kitten MOM! They can't stay away. I can't imagine the little kitten being ingenious enough to either stow away or make it's way home by it's self. That's some under taking. We had a great day, weather wise, yesterday. It was almost 78. DH thought it would be a great day to go to the Cape for a last swim. Ha! Ha! When we got almost there the fog came in. By the time we got to the beach it was only 66 and the water was 57. No swiming, this time Actually I was happy that he didn't go in as I thought it would be too chilling even if the air temp had been higher. We did have a good time any way. Stopped to see my girl friend. She had taken a fall down a set of stairs two weeks ago and thank God, she didn't break anything! She spend three days in the hospital and is now using a walker and is pretty bruised but her spirits are still great. At 80, I wonder if I would take something like that as well as she has.

MAGGIE What's with the glass cutting? Are you making sun catchers of just repairing a window?

LORRAINE You sure are keeping busy with the PTA projects. Hope your weather holds up.

CINDY Contratulations!!!!!!

We will be watching 3 GKs tomorrow. It seems they are having a Teacher's Day and we will be having 2 8 yr olds and 1 10 yr old. Will be fun. Must now get caught up on all I didn't do yesterday and what I won't do tomorrow.

Gloria in Ma......of to catch up.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:21 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's another windy, cold day in Iowa! The temperature was 27 degrees this morning, there are no leaves left on the trees, and it really does feel like winter outside.

Gloria -- sounds like you will be busy tomorrow! It will be a fun time! The kitten went back to the farm this morning -- I hope he/she stays there this time!

Tomorrow is Friday and I am ready! Hope you all have a nice evening!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 10-25-2001, 07:02 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Good Afternoon Steel Magnolias

Another warm nice sunny day here in desertland. 77 as I type. I make stained glass boxes. I started cutting glass about 20 years ago and have done some huge projects but now I am sticking to boxes. I don't do sun catchers. I leave those to the ones who like doing that sort of thing.

So a kitty came back! Wow ~ she really missed her "mom" at the back door. Why not keep it and get rid of that mother cat?

Have a good evening ya'all.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:30 PM   #5  

Hi Maggies!!

I am so glad that it is Friday!!!! Today my five year old had her transportation parade. They were studying transportation in school and to end the unit, we had to make a form of transportation out of a cardboard box. Some of the parents made huge airplaines...tanks, and fighter planes. Needless to say, Pam had a Barbie Jeep with the American colors with flags on it. It really turned out to be a cute parade. My next project will be tomorrow with putting in the first stage of the playground at my middles childs school. Then it is the science fair the week after that (YIKES)

Maggie: Working with the glass seems like a great hobby. I liked the e-mail you sent about 9-ll. Believe it or not, a picture of my friend that died that day was in the video. I couldn't believe it. I was also looking to see if I recognized any of the cops or firemen.

Jean: That kitten must love you the way he came all the way back home!!!

Gloria: I hope you had a great time with the GKs

Well, I need to get some wash done. Tomorrow we will be up at the school, and then on Sunday, we need to go to the lake with the cub scouts.

Have a great weekend Maggies!!
Old 10-27-2001, 12:30 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Good evening Magnolias.

We had to make a run to the city for some supplies and they hadn't stocked the shelves like they should have and didn't have half of the items we wanted. Just regular things, nothing exotic. You know ~ deodrant, dawn dish soap, paper towels etc. Needless to say that 120 mile round trip was a bust for that list. I did get what I wanted at the glass shop though ~ and don't have to order it. I have a catalogue that I can get what I need but am jazed when I can find a store that has the same things.

Lorraine that parade sounds so neat. I hope you took pictures! Love that jeep with flags flying! I too loved that www video. It was so nice to see the faces of the people! Not just hearing about them but actually seeing their faces put a certain reality to it that may have been missing. I wish there were some way to copy that whole group of pictures. Maybe there is but I don't know it.

Have a great weekend ya'all.

Maggie enjoying her ice water ........
Old 10-27-2001, 10:43 AM   #7  
Web Nana

Good Morning Magnolias

We just got back from WW and I can just say I maintained. No loss this month but I WILL be better next.
DH lost 1#. We had a grand time with the GK's yesterday. We still have DD #2's dog, the chocolate Lab until Sunday PM. They are having open house at their home today and tomorrow. It would be too much to have the dog there too. They have bought a house in a town about 20 min. away to our South. Now they need to sell the old house. They are doing it themselves so it is a lot of work. The 'new' house has 4 BR's, and is on a large lot of land which backs up to woods. It also has a 2 car garage, under. It is much larger than the present one. I have mixed feelings about the move. It is great that they will have more room but I will not be able to just stop by as I can do now. They are only 5 min. away from here. Oh well, I am keeping my thoughts to myself as I have never tried to interfere with their lives. That makes me sound like 'goody two-shoes' and I am not!

DH has gone for his first walk with the Lab and maybe I will accompany him on his second with the Golden Retriever. Right now I am in the middle of the laundry.

MAGGIE...Glass boxes sound so beautiful. I love glass pieces and have a few suncatchers as well as a couple of cutglass jam jars that I inherited from my MIL.

LORRAINE...That transportation parade sounds adorable! That is so much fun even though it is also a lot of work. When the kids are that age they can keep you busy.

JEAN...Hope Winter can be kept at bay a little longer in your neck of the woods. Fall is here as well. The color is just past peak here and the leaves are falling fast and furiously.

Gloria in MA....Just hear the buzzer from the dryer so off to work I go.
Old 10-27-2001, 02:20 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a beautiful fall day; the sun is out, bright blue sky, and NO wind for a change. I am doing the usual Saturday routine of laundry, cleaning, and maybe a trip to the grocery store later.

Maggie -- the glass box projects sound like a neat hobby! I don't know if I would have the patience nor the steady hand though. I also passed the 9/11 site along to others. It just boggles my mind every time I watch it.

Lorraine -- I feel like I need a nap just reading about your weekend activities! The transportation parade sounds like it was a big hit. The kitten is safely back on the farm again; the farmer was also pretty sure that it hitched a ride somewhere on the pickup. I'm just glad DH came home and didn't go somewhere else first!

Gloria -- I'll take a maintain any day! The new house sounds beautiful; I know what you mean by keeping your thoughts to yourself -- easier said than done sometimes. I love your lady sitting by the washer!

I need to go check on my washer and fold a load of towels. Have a great weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 10-28-2001, 11:16 AM   #9  

Good Morning Maggies:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday we put in the first part of the playground equipment, and we got everything done that we set out to do. It took us 5 hours of digging and cementing and measuring, but it is finished!!! We put in 5 benches, baseball field(backstop and bases....ones that can't be removed). Then we put in the soccer field (we made the goals permanent). Then we also put in some basketball hoops for each grade. Today I am so sore!! I am sure everyone that helped out feels just as bad as I do or more. Anyway, I am glad that it is done!! Today we have to go to the lake and do the fall festival with my middle sons cub scout troop.

After the fall festival, it is time to start working on my oldest sons science project.

Well...I better get things moving around here if we are going to make the lake in time.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Old 10-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is another windy day and on the chilly - cold side. But the sun is out and that's the best part!

Poor Leonard is having a hard time switching back to standard time. He was teasing for breakfast at 4 AM and I was not about to start my day that early! I think he would eat all day if I would feed him!

DH is out farming again today so I have the day to myself. I've done all the "fun" stuff so now I need to get back to the cleaning. DD Beth is coming home tomorrow night and I'm sure she would appreciate being able to see her bed! I think there are gremlins who keep making the piles around this house! I also have a pile of ironing I need to catch up on.

Lorraine -- I hope the weather is nice for your trip to the lake today. What do you have to do for that? Have fun!

Have a nice afternoon! Tomorrow is Monday -- "almost" November 1st -- where did October go?

Jean -- from Iowa
Old 10-28-2001, 11:00 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Good evening Steel Magnolias.

This has been another wonderful sunshiney day in the 80's without humidity. Funny thing about the low humidity - my hair got longer. In all that humidity in TN it was curley.... now not so curley. We will be relocating just down the road in December - a friend here is giving us a place "rent free" ~ can't beat that nor turn such a generous offer down. However, there isn't phone service there - yet anyway - so I will be off line after the month of November for a bit.

Lorraine I remember those days when I was helping with the playground equipment. A real cause that is hard on the muscles. You are really the Mom of the year in my book.

How old is dear ole' Leonard now Jean? It didn't seem to phaze Turn and he doesn't have to ask for food except when his bowl is empty. He is the type of cat I can leave food out and he doesn't overeat. I sure like that for he loves the dry stuff and it is easy to go away and leave him for a couple of days with a big bowl of water and food. We are leaving on the 5th for my moms and coming back the 7th and he will be fine.

I am sitting here laughing. I have one sheep out and he has already burned a path across my screen landing in the bathtub, then been napped by the aliens then dropped plop - such activity in a short time. Everybody needs sheep.

I had a time of it getting in to post this day. I had changed my e-mail address and was supposed to receive a confirmation letter which I never got so I couldn't follow it's instructions. Suzanne is a real peach, she confirmed me for me...... Now here I am.

Have a great Monday all ya'all ~ it is weigh day for me!

Nighters.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:49 PM   #12  

Hi Maggies:

Well the weather was terrific for our outing at the lake. The kids really enjoyed themselves and we got to see friends that we haven't seen in a while.

Maggie: We are sure going to miss your posts!!! Hopefully you will be able to get back on line fast.

Jean: I know how Leonard feels!! I had a hard time too.

Well, I need to go and start school runs. I hope everyone has a great night.
Old 10-29-2001, 04:27 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I am a happy camper since today, tomorrow, and Friday are conference days and I get to come home early!

Maggie -- I hope that you can get telephone service soon after you move! Any chance that you can visit a library and check in from time to time? Leonard was 15 minutes later this morning . . . it was 4:15! I just shoved him off the bed and ignored him. He did go away but then meowed the whole time I was taking a shower. He won't eat dry food and he can't manage the cans by himself although he has tried when I've forgotten to put them back in the fridge. Hopefully he'll last until 5:30 tomorrow -- maybe I should give him a bedtime snack.

Lorraine -- we laughed about "tummy time" at school today. We were on a different schedule for lunch on top of it being standard time again. The kids were complaining as well as the teachers.

Have a great evening. I have a meeting at church so won't be around. Happy Tuesday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa
Old 10-30-2001, 11:25 AM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

Good Morning.......

I am going to be working on my glass again today. Since I haven't done it for years it is fun getting back into it. I need to make a few practice pieces to get back in the swing of it. I had sold all my tools when we relocated one time where there wasn't anywhere to buy supplies. Now there is a terrific place from which I can order anything I need that wasn't around back then. So I have gotten all new tools and am having a great time. I need to get with it though for I have an order already to fill.

Can you believe it! We have clouds and there is a 20 percent chance of showers today and 30 percent this evening.

Maggie waiting for the rain to come........
Old 10-30-2001, 09:54 PM   #15  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am tired tonight! I think standard time has finally caught up with this old body or else it is the weather or maybe the fact that I stayed up way too late last night!

Maggie -- I would love to watch you make your glass boxes! Does Turn get to help too? I'd have one cat laying right in the middle of the supplies and where I wanted to work and the other two would be close by to see what was going on. Beth "flew" in and out for a fast hello -- she made it back in time to work half of her shift; the only thing wrong with her car was that it was low on power steering fluid. Now wouldn't you think the person (??) who changed her oil last would have checked that? I'm just glad it was nothing serious.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa
Closed Thread