Old 02-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Getting Committed: February 12-18

Good morning, Everyone! I hope your week is going well. I've found that I stay on-plan better when I post my commitment each day. The accountability keeps me in line! So, if you need the extra accountability and support, please join me and we'll all stay commited together.

Even though the scales have been dropping, I've only worked out once in the last 1 1/2 weeks. I know that part of my healthy lifestyle change must include exercise. So, my commitment for today - 60 minutes on the treadmill at least 5 days a week.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I love the daily commitments too! Thanks for keeping them going. For today mine will be to get 30 minutes of walking in. (the weather is ugly here right now, so it will be indoor stuff today.)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

To do some kind of excersize today, ANYTHING. I haven't done anything termed "excersize" since Thursday, and I can tell by how stiff my joints and muscles are getting. Must loosen up today. So, it's a 3 mile walk this morning and possibly some yoga this evening.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #4  
Blessed

S/C/G: 292/277/146

Height: 5' 4"

Default What a great idea!

Thank you for this great idea. My new goal is to drink 4 cups of water today. 1 down 3 to go
LadySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #5  

Wink

Good Mornig, I Am New To All This. Need To Loose About 30 Pounds.can`t Seem To Get Motivated. Its Snowing Out. So A Nice Long Walk Is Out Of The Question. I Have Tried Some Dvds. As Walking OfF The Pounds. I`m Thinking A Journal Is The Way To Go. Keeping Track Of What I Eat, May Help. Anybody Got An Idea. I`ll Try It. Have A Great Day. Grams
GRAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #6  
I want to be a loser!

S/C/G: 291/283.8/160

Height: 5'7"

My goal for today is to drink at least 8 glasses of water. I'm so bad when it comes to drinking enough water. I always lose track. So today I decided to fill a 2 litre jug with water and I'm pouring all my drinks out of it. This way I'll know exactly how much I've had to drink.
Blue Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

Good morning, 3FC friends! Hope you are having a great day.

Grams - Journaling and tracking your calories is a great plan.
Mrs Quadcrew and Angihas - How was your exercise yesterday?
LadySue and Blue Butterfly - Did you drink your water for the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
So, my commitment for today - 60 minutes on the treadmill at least 5 days a week.
I have to be honest....I'm having a really hard time getting back into my exercise routine. Yesterday, we had severe thunderstorms and I didnt get to the Y at my regular time. Of course, I couldnt seem to make myself go in the late afternoon or early evening.....this is when the Y is very crowded. For the last two weeks, I have lost weight without exercise and I'm starting to get lazy. I know I need the exercise to strengthen my heart, my bones and my muscles. So, I'm renewing my commitment today - 60 minutes of walking or treadmill at least 5 days a week.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #8  

GET out there and get that exercise in Rhonda!!

Yep - I got my walking in. I also went out and shoveled my car out of the snow and ice (we have about a foot of new snow here!)

commitment today ~ CLEAN this house!! That'll keep me busy! I also dug out my old Richard Simmons videos, and will do one of them today too!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #9  
Blessed

Default Howdy

Welcome Grams! I think a food journal is a great way to begin. I think the best way is to measure everything you eat, even before you begin making changes...that's a real eye opener. We often eat things out of thier package, like chips or cookies, and we never have to look at how many actual servings we are having. When you begin to make healthier changes and choices, you have a good record of where to begin.

I have just started this week myself. Although I have been reasearching dieting a long time now, I made myself actually begin to make changes this week.

I drank five cups of water yest....yeah...one more then my goal. My goals for today are to drink 5 glasses of water, and really organize my kitchen to be more dieter friendly.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #10  
Blessed

Well I only managed 3.5 cups of water today. So 5 cups will be my goal for tomarrow as well.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5.6

I have been in a slump the past few days - but -today I did much better. So tomorrow - I am going to be committed to getting my exercise in - - -actually that is going to be my main commitment from today thru Sunday. My other commitment is to get back to measuring everything.... I have not been as strict about it as I should have........
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a great day.

Mrs Quadcrew - How was your house cleaning day? I really need one of those!
LadySue - did you get your kitchen all set up?
Penney - I've been in a bit of a slump, too. Hang in there. The alternative is not something you or I want, I'm sure.

Well, as I said...I've been in a bit of a slump, too. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is...I need to sit down and think this out and get my focus. I've not been 100% off plan, but I've definitely not been doing what it takes to reach my goals. Basically, I need to get truly committed.

So, my goal for today - Start a journal. Write down the reasons why I started this journey. Write down the things that are bothering me and make specific plans for dealing with them.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi All, Hope you don't mind if I join the thread. Rhonda great idea with the journal.
Today, I will go to the Y and do 90 minutes of exercise.
I will also drink 8 glasses of water. I no not know why but that water seems so hard for me to get in. I've tried putting lemon, lime and orange in it. Nothing seems to work. Have a fun day.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152.6

Height: 4"11

I have a big problem with dinner time picking at what Im cooking, then picking turns in to discouragement, then that turns into a mini binge. Well, just enough to keep me from loosing weight. So........I am creating a list of foods that I pick at, and giving those tastes point values, so that when I do that, I'll actually be able to see that those tastes have points which do infact count.
doobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #15  

good morning all! Still icey and cold here in Ohio. Sill working on the house - we have company coming this evening so I know I need to get it done today!!
Rhonda - get that journal going!
Sharon - I have found that drinking my water from the tap works better than drinking it ice cold. I ALWAYS have a glass (or bottle) of water beside me no matter where I am - reminds me to drink it that way!
doobiegirl - I chew some gum when fixing dinner - it makes it harder to pick at the food if I have some mint gum in my mouth!
Penny - sounds like you know what you need to go!!

Pick up your boot straps everyone and get over the slumps....spring and shorts are just around the corner!!!