Old 02-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Wednesday Chat: Feb 7

Good Morning!!!
Angela--where in La are U at?????

Kristen- I am with U on the Licorice...esp red!!!

Lauren--Real Estate school--what a good idea..WHat made U think of that??
Well--Hello to all--Goddess, Rx(my brain is failing at 4am) and everyone else on the thread!! Hello to the newbies!!

I have so many weddings, baby showers etc etc in the next few months I think I will just live broke!!! I sort of go overboard when I start looking with the list--
OK--off to work!! Have a great day everyone!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

RR, I have always had a passion for looking at houses, ever since I went house shopping with my mom when we moved at 9 y/o! I just love to look at all the different styles, like the little nooks that capes have, the open plans of others, the montrosities (sp?), etc. I have thought about RE school a few times over the past 4-5 years. DH finally said just do it, you might as well get paid to do something you do anyway (surf the internet looking at houses)!! I have no doubts that I could sell someone a house, by showing them how they could make the home theirs, or sell someone's house, by showing them what they should do to make it desirable. It's the financial end I'm worried about, I'm not good at math. And the cut-throat nature of the business...I'm not like that either.

Angela, I'm jealous of your weather!

Kirsten, I honestly don't know the calorie content of licorice, but I don't really like it anyway. Chocolate, that would be a problem!

Where is everyone?? And Karen...where are you my fellow mod?! Is that girly permanently attached?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #3  

Good afternoon, ladies
Lauren, at least the licorice isnīt as fatty as the chocolate but the calories are like 300 per 100 gramms. The problem is that I cannot stop eating these So what I did in the morning when my eldest left for a camp: I gave him my last bag of licorice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH. Good Mom. Heīs slim and tall and I am sure he will share it with the girls
We have a lazy day over here and I am glad. I want to read a book by Hermann Hesse this afternoon and some stuff about healthy food on this board.
The kids wanted Pizza for lunch and I bought it but I got a 50% low fat one for me. It was ok I added some chili. My calories for today arenīt that high therefor. I wanted to know if you also do things like this: buy stuff for the family and for yourself a low-fat or low calorie alternative???
Take care! Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Licorice has 546 Calories for 5.5 oz. Twizlers has 150 calories for 4 pieces.

I also thought about selling real estate, I don't know if I could do the commission though. I need a steady income.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
Licorice has 546 Calories for 5.5 oz. Twizlers has 150 calories for 4 pieces.

I also thought about selling real estate, I don't know if I could do the commission though. I need a steady income.

Lisa

I don´t know about the licorice you mentioned, Lisa but the brand I buy is katjes and that hasn´t got that high calories! My favourites - I checked a minute ago - Katzen-Ohren (that´s the name "cat ears" lol) 351 cal. ( 0,0g fat / 86,0g carbohydrate) but it´s my passion so I allow myself licorice
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Lisa, I couldn't do just RE f/t, can't live on that unless I was established. I'm going to see how it works, start p/t and if I can make a little money, maybe eventually I can work f/t. I'm hoping by the time the boys are in school f/t, I can do it, so I can make my own hours.

Kirsten, good for you sending the rest with DS!! I do buy separate stuff sometimes. Like those 100 cal. packs. But last time I got them, I got cheese balls and DH found them and I guess decided to try them...and liked them! Needless to say, they're disappearing fast!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey RR how was the vet school open house. I think UF's is in a few weeks, but not living there anymore. I will be going back in march for my bf's wedding. She's an associate prof at the vet school. Boarded in Opthomology. So i'll get to see my old stomping ground soon.

afternoon everyone else. Good news...the ppl accepted our counter offer so as long as everything goes right...our house is sold...bad news means we have to move into a rental for 5 months until we move to Atlanta. But yeah...no more cleaning house like a mad freak every day. It only took 2.5 weeks for someone to decide they liked it.

Also even better news. I thought i had gained this week...but am actually down a pound. WOHOOO. that's a total of five so far...opps i need to go update my ticker.

today's may day off but i have a butt load of errands to run. Hopefully the fish market will have fresh off the boat tuna and i can make some seasame seared tuna. Have a great day guys...i'll check back later. I intend to exercies tonight....have a buddy to keep me in line. so everyone else...get out there and do something healthy for your heart today
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
aunt flo is creeping around the corner sorry was so down yesterday now i know why darn i wanted to see a loss this week doubtful since im gonna be starting TOM any minute
I can feel it Yucky all over
check in later
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  

hang in there goddess...sometimes its yuckie being women.

I was able to get fresh tuna. So since tonight is sooo pretty (got to 67 F today) we will be grilling tuna and aspargus for dinner. Mmmmm fresh grilled asparagus is sooooo yummie...with just a small drizzle of EVOO and sea salt and ground pepper...darn...can't wait til dinner now.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #10  

Thanks gator, what diet are you following?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #11  

Goddess - i'm not really following a diet per se. I'm counting calories mostly. Just really cutting out the crap. I eat mostly fruits/veggies, lean meats, and lots of fresh stuff. I have noticed a huge differnce with cutting out the artificial sweetner...i never really believe the stuff i read (despite being a dr) until i tried it. I have found this great low fat yogart call stonyfield farms...no artifical sweetners. Also found a low fat, natural sugar granola i like. I eat a lot of healthy fats such as almonds and avacados. I guess i'm sort of whole foods but not really. I still have some things that are processed but i do notice a huge difference with fresh ingredients. In addition i eat frequently. I usually try to eat every 2-3 hours. And still stay within my 1600 calories that is recommended for my size/wt and needed wt loss. i did WW last year and did great...but i just think i needed to totally change my thinking all together and try to stay away from the junk.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #12  

Yeah im doing both WW and cal counting TRYING to cut out the bad slowly it's hard with the TOM thing but i still try to stay focused
are you doing exercise?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Gator, do you have to rub in the fact that you are warm where you are at? It got up to a whopping 7 degrees today here in NW Ohio. (Thats not taking into account the wind chill)

I am having cramps and TOM now and not in a very good mood, so sorry if that sounded snappy. Maybe I could come visit? No, I understand that you have to get ready to move.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #14  

llpennington...don't worry...didn't sound snooty...i know a lot of you guys are up there freezing...dong worry..when its 120 F plus 100% humidty by may i'll be praying for cool weather...trust me summers here are miserable at times.

sorry guys...didn't mean to rub in the warm weather, i was just enjoying it. it's been relatively cool this week (yes warm compaired to you guys) so i was enjoying the warm weather. Wish you guys could be down here. See i don't think i could live in very cold climates, i was pretty much born and raised in flordia..now in Ga. So cold and me don't mix..i think despite all the fat...i'd still freeze. Sending some warm weather vibes your way.

goddess - yes i am doing exercise. I actually ran/walked tonight with my friend. We run for 5 minutes then walk for 3 min (did a total of 20 minutes running but we workout for a total of 50 min). I try to exercise at least 4-5 times a week. I do a variety of things either the elliptical, aerobic class/tape, long walks with the dog, bike ride etc. I also riding my horse 4-5 times a week for an hour, which is exercise. I try to keep moving, but sometimes i'm so beat from work i don't always do as much as i should. Luckily i have a friend here who keeps me motivated to go work out. Wish i could get up early to do exercise...but the thought of getting up at 5 am to exercise is painful LOL
Old 02-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/258/200

Height: 5ft. 8in.

Hello All! I wandered onto this thread because I will be turning 30 tomorrow and am a little anxious about it. I saw someone mentioned the wonderful temperatures up here in the north. Yes, our high today was 5. I am a teacher and had Mon. and Tues. off because of the cold.

I told myself I was going to get back into my exercise routine today! I stopped at Christmas and haven't gotten back into it. What is wrong with me? Why am I not getting up and moving? I don't want to be like this for the next 30 years.
anne08 is offline   Reply With Quote