Old 02-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30-Something's: Friday, Feb. 2nd

Mornin' All,

Need Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, was a busy day. My grandfather had a stroke earlier this week. It was mild to average and has only affected his speech slightly. I went to see him last night and he's fine. In fact, he's going back to the assisted living today. Went to see my grandmother too, and gave her a manicure. Made her feel really good to have her nails cut and polished. Made me feel good to spend some quality time with her w/o worrying about the kids.

We were supposed to get anywhere from a dusting to 4" of snow last night, but we got NOTHING!! I hadn't planned on going anywhere today, because of the weather. The Dodge dealership in town was going to come p/u my van this AM to put a remote starter in it, but I haven't heard from them yet. Not that I'm complaining, it's only 7:45, but I was hoping they'd pick it up first thing, and bring it back by midafternoon or something.

Lisa, Good luck with the job. I don't think I could take one that didn't pay me a salary.

Gator, Are you a Dr.?

Sandra, Sorry to hear DH is going through Cancer treatment. Get yourself some healthy snacks!

Michelle, Sorry your boss is such a d*ck. Glad Jessica is OK though...must've been very scary for her! Hope she's walking around with a water bottle in hand all the time now!

Molly, Hang in there girl! Maybe it's PMS??

Beck, stay out of the darn chips girl!! Hope the rest of the day went better!

Kirsten, Congrats to your son! Good for you on the good eating too!

RX, you must be PMS'ing with the rest of us! Hang in there! Where are you traveling away from DW?

Have a great day all!

Last edited by LBH; 02-02-2007 at 07:56 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone
if i can make it thru today i'll be good...on vacation next week

gonna try to get some exercise in today but i promise nothing...i need to though, maybe tonight i'll cook something useful
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #3  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

OK. So I managed to stay out of the chips for the rest of yesterday, but still found myself "snacking". Dinner ended up being very good. Mom & I made grilled chicken breasts and a panzanella (bread salad) - I"ll post at the end.

Lauren - sorry to hear about your grandfather, glad that things are on the OK. Thanks for the

Lisa - good luck with the possible job

Welcome Sandra!!!

Michelle - glad things are good with the family. I can't imagine having a scare like that!!

Holy - are you going anywhere on vacation?

Today is a better day already... PLUS it is Friday.

Enjoy everyone:

Panzanella

Copyright Barefoot Contessa

3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 small French bread or boule, cut into 1-inch cubes (3 cups)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons capers, drained

For the vinaigrette:
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together.

In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #4  
Working on a new me!

S/C/G: 212/210/175

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been exercising at all this week. I've been worrying about my husband who was sent to the ER Wednesday. He's been sick for about two months now and the dr. don't know what's wrong. Now they've (the dr's) come to the conclusion that there is likely something wrong with DH heart. Angina or some form of heart disease. He's 35 and needless to say, this is not expected. He goes for an echocardiogram today @ 1:30 and hopefully the cardiologist will give him something more concrete than an "i think". Not that I want something to be wrong with him...but the unknown is driving all of us insane. I want him fixed right now damnit!
Lauren, glad to hear your grandfather is doing good. That has to be frightening for your family.
Beckins that recipe sounds awesome! I'll have to try that. Glad you're enjoying your time w/your mom
Have a great Friday everyone!
lorimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

So today has been pretty good so far. Work has been dragging so far however, I need more things to do. But so far have avoided goodies and have been eating every thing i brought with me (healthy items). Did great yesterday...did Denise austins boot camp...and my bum is sore today. Definately a hard work out. Won't be able to work out today, since going to dinner for a friend's b-day right after work. Luckily its a good seafood place where i can get grilled fish. I'll try to avoid the beer. That will be the hardest part.

LBH sorry to hear about your grandfatherfather. hopefully it will be fine
and btw..i'm a veterinarian. (:

Lisa good luck on job

beckins that's for the recipe..might have to try it

lori - sorry to hear about your DH...hopefully they will find something out very soon. Must be frustrating.

talk to everyone later...good luck all!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #6  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone. I'm feeling better now. I think you're right Lauren it could be PMS. Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I must be doing ok cause dh and the kids bought me a pair of jeans for my birthday in a size 14 and they fit. I had another pair of 14's and thought I had just stretched them enough times to make them fit. LOL So I'm guessing now that I may have built some muscle with my working out.

Lisa, good luck on the interview!

Lauren, sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Lori, how scary. I hope dh is ok! I know what you mean about wanting to know something. It's much easier to deal with when you know what you're dealing with and what you're up against.

Thanks again everyone helping me through my meltdown. You guys are great. I am journalling religiously now and still walking. I will if nothing else be healthier for that right?
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

mamabear - glad to hear you are doing better. Sometimes we all have bad days/weeks. Keep up the journaling and just keep exercising.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote