Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat: Monday January 22

Good Morning!!!
Lisa--I went to bed thinking the Colts would never make it back but they did!!! I like Peyton..SOrry to see the Saints didnt make it but glad the Colts did!!

Ok..off to work..Been really busy since we had 4 quit weeks ago so now this week will be worse cuz their 2 week notice is up...Nursing--so much mess to deal with....

Good Morning all!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Gonna start with a special to RR - because she's my early morning compatriot, her team lost, and it looks like she's gonna have a rough morning at work. Stay strong, hon. You can do it.

Feeling pretty good today - though my shoulders are a little sore. Not because I did anything extravagant, but because I'm just that much out of shape. Hung some more drywall in the basement - front of the house is almost finished now. (We have some demolitions and then some framing/etc to do before we can finish the drywall up there. Then we have 2 of the 4 rooms in the back of the house to do - the remaining 2 rooms, the laundry room and bathroom, will have to wait since there's mucho monies required to do the plumbing, etc. Getting the "simple" rooms done before I bring in the pros to do the more complex ones.

Game day yesterday was amusing. I got m first exposure to a Wii yesterday - and let me tell you, I think it's going to be the first game console that I will buy. Recall that I said my shoulders are sore - it's not all from drywall work. The movement required to play the Wii is amazing... If you've never played one, find a friend and give it a shot. If you don't like the Bowling or Tennis games that come with it, I'll be shocked.

Counting down the days until I head south this weekend. Not far enough south to get the warm weather... I'm headed to Springfield, Mass (about an hour outside of Boston) for a *huge* model train show. I've only been there once, last year, but it's amazing. Shocking to see how many people show up to this thing. Anyway, it'll be Christmas for me all over again.

Tracker adjustment day - I am comfortable moving myself down another lb this week. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain things through next weekend, but we'll see. It might be a little tough given that I'll be away, but we'll see....we'll see. One day at a time.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Stay strong stay focused, and stay on program!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm not sure when my focus will come back. I found out last night that I have to fly home for a funeral. My grandpa went last night...he wasn't sick, just old. Had to be this week. Hubby's supposed to be home thursday. Boy I need a nap already. I didn't get to sleep til late and woke up real good when the alarm went off.

Just when normal walks back into your life, Abbynormal comes in and whoops Normal's butt. Gonna be a long day and a long week.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Holy, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing. How old was he? My grandparents are 92 & 95, and going quickly downhill this past year. Although we keep saying it, this will probably be our last year with them.

RX, have fun in MA, Peter would probably LOVE to see that. Although, I'm not sure if it's just Thomas he loves, or all trains. He did seem to like the little train ride at the mall though.

RR, sorry your team lost.

I forgot to WI this AM. We had a little drama here this AM. DH woke me up at 6 (had to be up to drive him to work anyway) and said he smelled gas in the hallway, but not the kitchen and wanted my unstuffed nose to check. I smelled it in the hallway, but it faded off in the kitchen. I started down the stairs and it faded off again, so we weren't sure what to think. DH shut the gas off to the stove and dryer, just in case. So I went down and told my mom, then opened the basement door to go check the CO2 detector we have down there. I couldn't even go down the stairs, it smelled horrible, but it wasn't gas. We have oil heat, and the unit is really old. So if you know what an oil burner smells like normally...times it by 10! So I told mom to call the oil people and DH went down to check it out. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary and the CO2 monitor was fine.

So then my Gramps (95) who is staying with us right now, while Gran is in rehab, gets out of bed and goes down to check, while DH is getting dressed and I'm upstairs. He's stubborn, you can't stop him from doing anything, unless you physically restrain him! Anyway, DH comes up a little later and says, well, Gramps 1, us 0...he found the culprit! Mom has a dehumidifier down there, sitting on the work sink. It was covered in soot, because there's no humidity down there (the oil guy mentioned this when he came to do yearly maintenance on the burner a couple months ago). So they turned it off and the smell is slowly leaving. I have the windows open in each room though. Upstairs really stinks right now. Ugh, so meanwhile I ate already, so I'll WI tomorrow!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, I know that your not watching calories, but Calorie King has a book out that gives calories, fat, and carbs listed for almost every food item along with over 200 resturants. Might help. I have seen the Wii's it looks like you could get in alot of exersize.

RR, sorry that so many people have left. Hope your day (and week) goes smoothly.

I have an interview on the 31st (week from Wed.) :crossfingers: This is for Cumulus Brodcasting in Sales. We will see how it goes.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #6  
Working on a new me!

S/C/G: 212/210/175

Height: 5'7"

So sorry for your loss Holy. The loss of a loved one is tough no matter what the age of passing.

I did my Pilates this morning. I'm not sure i like it...I didn't "feel the burn" like I do when I do cardio workouts. I'm thinking I'll try my Kathy Smith dvd tomorrow. Yes, I have a collection of exercise videos as I'm sure many ppl do. I'll let you know tomorrow how my muscles feel after today's attempts at exercise. Considering its the first time in well over two years since I've done an actual workout, not counting the yard work, hauling grain daily etc, I'm sure I'll be stiffer than usual getting out of bed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
lorimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #7  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
RX, I know that your not watching calories, but Calorie King has a book out that gives calories, fat, and carbs listed for almost every food item along with over 200 resturants. Might help.
Actually, Lisa, I am counting calories....well, supposed to be at least. I might check out that book. Not for this trip though....

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote