PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/270/200

Height: 6'1"

Talking Need some ideas...

Ok, I have started going to school this semester and I have 3 hrs between work and classes. I get off work at 3pm and instead of drving 25-30 min back home I plan on leaving work to go the the gym. My school is 5 min from work and so is the gym. Then if I need to study or whatever I can before class. My class starts at 6:15pm. My problem is I am hungry way before I go home. What is something good to eat that does not require heating or to be cooled? This past week was my first week and guess what I did? My second day I went to shoneys!!! That was not part of my diet but I just knew I would be starving by 7:30 and my class didn't get out til 9:15.

And yes I was crazy for doing my schedule this way but I had to go back to school!
melissa1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #2  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Good Luck on your new adventure!

Some thoughts:

~nuts
~fruit salad
~energy bars/snack bars
~nut butter and jelly sandwiches
~raw veggies usually hold up okay
~Vingear coleslaw or pasta salad

Also, can you grab a snack on you way to the gym but then plan to stop for a salad or small healthy meal after the gym on the way to class such as subway?

Can you invest in a cooler that you can leave in your car with ice packs? This may open up your variety a bit more.

HTH
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Melissa,

I've been there done that and will probably do it again at one point!

When I've lived life that way my insulated bag (and a couple of shots of espresso ) was my best friend. If you prep the veggies ahead of time you can munch on them on the way to class. I also know I was the type that needed to chew something in order to get through an evening class, and I've taken my share of them. Nuts and raisins are clean snacking and they will keep you holed over until you can get home and eat dinner.

I actually literally dropped 30 pounds going to school 2 nights a week and working 3 nights a week. I had a normal breakfast and lunch, then ate a light dinner of soup or a lean cuisine when I finally made it home at 10 pm every night!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Need a meal!

I would suggest a light meal between 4 & 5 p.m.!!

If you must stop and get something:

My number one recommendation!!

Subway: If you have one close by - get a salad or a 6" sub (watch the meat you choose and condiments; no mayo)! A lot of it depends on the plan that you are using. My choice is the salad! It's good for just about any plan as long as you watch what you put on it and the dressing! No crackers! (Plenty of veggies) If you get the tuna, be sure to make sure they don't put much or ask for it on the side (so you can limit it)!

A salad isn't great everyday, but you have many different varieties to choose from!

If there is no subway close by, choose a nice place that has a good salad or something that sorts your plan or can be customized by your order.

This will help, because you will have a meal before you get to class and what get as hungry! Plus it will keep you from eating a lot after you get home before you go to bed, since you don't get out of class until after 9 p.m.

If you determine that you will still need a snack during class many of the other suggestions that were previously given would work wonderful! Just be sure of your portions!
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote