Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default CBS Nightly News

Good Evening everybody!

I know its a month away, but it is fresh in my mind so I thought I would get everyone a heads up now. Watch CBS nightly news the week of February 12th. (I'll have an exact day hopefully later) Okay, now here's why. I'm not sure how many of you have heard about "The Kalamazoo Promise". But that is something that the school district that I teach in has been blessed with. If you have not heard of the Promise, in a nutshell it is a scholarship program. Thanks to many anonymous donors throughout the community of Kalamazoo, Michigan, every student in Kalamazoo Public Schools who goes to a KPS school for at least 9th grade through 12th grade recieves a portion of their college tuition paid for. If you go to a KPS school from Kindergarden through 12th grade then 100% of their tution is paid for, for any Michigan Public Community College, College, or University. This was announced November of 2005, and now all of the national news stations are doing specials to see how things are going.

Today my school was lucky enough to have Katie Couric on site and conducitng interviews throughout the day. There will be a special aired early in February (like I said, I'll have an exact date later) that shows the impact of the Promise on the students and the community.

I'm sorry, I know this is kind of random, but I'm definately excited for the High School that I teach at to be on National News! =)

Aubrey
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #2  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

That's cool!!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

i saw this on the news a few weeks ago. i think that is AMAZING what your community is doing. i wish people cared that much here in the Land of Excess that is Los Angeles.
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I just wanted to bump this up to the top and let everyone know that special will air tomorrow February 5th on the CBS Evening News. One of my students was actually in the "Katie Couric" superbowl commercial tonight! =) So everyone tune in to CBS Evening News tomorrow and check out the school that I teach in, and see what some amazing people are doing for the students! =)
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote