South Beach Diet - Fired Up Friday Chat!

View Full Version : Fired Up Friday Chat!

beachgal
01-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Morning, Chickies! :coffee:

I've been so bad about being in the daily...so I'm starting you off, bright and early (before I go to bed! :o )

Have a beautiful morning...I'll check back in this afternoon. I have to run posters for our Theology on Tap event to local businesses, try to write some Christmas cards, and maybe do some scrapbooking. We'll see! :D

cottagebythesea
01-12-2007, 07:02 AM
:yikes: :censored: I just finished a long chatty post, then hit the wrong button and lost it all!!!! I'm still getting used to this new keyboard on my laptop.

I'm enjoying my coffee while waiting for DS to drop off Amber. She and I will spend the morning together while Audrey & Maggie are in school, then we're all going out to lunch and then spend the afternoon at the MoonBounce Park. So it should be an easy day for me. :)
The scale was good to me today, I'm down another 1/2 lb. :carrot: I'm going to wait until Monday to adjust my ticker, though. Maybe by then I'll lose a little more. Weekends are my biggest challenge, but I'm determined to make it to my goal this time.

Beachgal ~ I hope you are sleeping right now, I don't know how you can stay up so late! It's so good to see you posting again, how are you doing? Take good care of yourself. :hug:

My coffee needs refilling, and my oatmeal is ready, so I'm signing off for now.
TGIF!

Ruthxxx
01-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Beachgal, you doing all nighters again? I hope you are getting enough sleep. I know where you live!!!!

It's just at the freezing point this morning with rain predicted but the weatherman says below normal temps for the next two weeks, way below normal! This will make up for the spring we've had since the end of November. The ice fisherman will be happy and so will the snowmobilers if we get some snow too! Right now the lakes have just a skim of ice near the shores - three years ago the guys were driving trucks out on it to fish! Talk about climate change!

The only thing that's a "must" today is Lucy's fur-cut at ten. I've got lots to do around here while she's gone - wood to bring in, outdoor decorations to stash away and Fair Board stuff to start. I may even be able to work in another hour or so of sewing and an hour of knitting for The Great Mitten Challenge. (Ontario Fairs are collecting hand-knit mitts for kids next winter - no judging or prizes, just the number of pairs.)

Doggage want out so I'm outta here too. Have a lovely day. Back later.

Ruthxxx
01-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Cottage, I hate when that happens! I've got a Google spell check and sometimes I hit the refresh arrows instead of the checker and whoosh....gone! Enjoy your day with your Girls. Every time you post about them, I am envious. For legged "girls" are just not the same as real grandkids!

SBLynn
01-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Morning:dizzy:

Busy day today. Grocery shopping for DM and us, and going to try to get to the gym before I do that.

Painting the den this weekend so I have to get paint for that as well.

Have a great day. BBL.

Schatzi
01-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Goooooooood Bright N Shiny Morning All!!! :flow: :flow1:

BG: I hope your aren't getting a case of insomnia!
Ruth: Sounds like another chockfull day in the Delta.
Cottage: I think that happened to me yesterday????!!! I know I posted on the Daily but it wasn't there :?:
SBLynn: I'll be doing some major shopping today too. Off to "Sams" or as I like to call it "the $200 Club" :lol: We go there to stock up on all our meats 3 or 4 times a year.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed-- as DH and I decided to build our own home and do the general contracting. :yikes: So much to do! So much to know! But by doing it ourselves well save about $30,000.
Time to hit the showers!

jetsetter
01-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Morning, all. Could be a loooooong day around here. Both coworkers in my area are gone...leaving me all alone to handle problems if any arrise. Found out from Mom last night that my grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia yesterday. She was also diagnosed with emphazema earlier in the week. We're all praying for her recovery, but none of us are sure she wants to at this point.

We're in for a miserable weekend weather-wise. My driveway is already a sheet of ice (slid down on my backside this morning).

Welp, I've been summoned. I'll be back later to catch up.

weezle
01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOO!

I know, I've been MIA, but I really haven't been too bad. Of course, today starts vacation. We're going to St Louis tonight and flying out to Key West tomorrow! WOO HOO! I'll be in Key West in 1 day! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how things were going. Hubby and I are still "alright" most of the time, but we're hanging in there. Hopefully this vacation does some good for us.

Hope you all have a fabulous time while I'm gone. :) I'm sure there will be pictures for you all to see when I get back. Talk to you soon!

Lisa

little chick
01-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Good morning chicks. It is sunny and mild here this morning. It is so nice to see the sun. Was not around yesterday I have been feeling a little overwhelmed this week. DH is DRIVING ME CRAZY.:crazy: and I am so emotionally tired, I looke like I have aged 5 years. And I have gone opposite to my normal stressfull self, I am not eating. I have been forcing myself to eat my 3 meals but it has been a struggle. Then to top it all off wake up to aunt flo. The day just keeps getting better and better. Sorry about the vent chicks.

beachgal- So nice to see you back posting. Jump back on that bandwagon you can do it. Why are you doing christmas cards. You are far to organised if you are already doing your cards.Take care and have a great day.

cottage:carrot: congrats on another 1/2 pound, I am determined to meet my goal weight this time as well. We can do it. Have a great day with your girls.

Ruth- Morning. I used to be able to knit mittens. I wish I had the time for crafts, maybe later this year. Enjoy your day.

Schatzi Have fun at Sams I love going shopping at place like that. Enjoy your day.

jetsetter- Hope your day is not to crazy. Take it easy when you can.

SBLynn Good morning hope you have fun picking out paint. Do you know that color you want?

Well I must dash and try to get some laundry done. I think I may nap when the kids do today. Have a good day.

PHinsUP!
01-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Gooood Morning from a much warmer chick! It's already 55 here!
I had a much better day yesterday....I didn't skip any meals at all. I was afraid too!! After the start I got off to in the morning yesterday! I went to water aerobics last night and had a really good time there...the people that are going now are alot of fun to visit with while we exercise.
My yogurt breakfast isn't as tasty as usual this morning...I'm having to kinda force myself to eat it!! But I'm really starting to not want EGGS!!! I'm looking forward to eating some oatmeal or some sort of cereal! Well...P2 is on it's way...Tuesday is my last P1 day! the countdown is on!

Kim_Star060404
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
FRIDAY'S FINALLY HERE!

***If it were okay to dance around the office, I would be!***

Morning chickies--lots of chatting going on already!

PHinsUP: Good grief, can't believe it's 55 there. I hope it warms up by 5 when I go walking with a buddy! It's great you're having such a great time with your water aerobics buddies! I bet it makes you forget the fact that you're working out.

little chick: I hope you get out of your stressful funk soon. I know it's hard, but I think it's great that you're making sure you're eating. Well, the weekend's almost here and the sun is shining where you are, so maybe that'll help!

Weezle:Have a GREAT time in Key West, I'm sure you will. We do miss hearing from you!

jetsetter: Wow, jet, sounds like you've had a rough start this morning. I hope everything with Grandma works out. I'm sending my prayers along as well! Hope you're backside doesn't end up black & blue!

Schatzi: Wow! What a big difference doing it yourself can make! I know that it'll be stressful for you, but we'll be here to lend an ear if you get overwhelmed.

SBLynn: Shopping, shopping, shopping! Sounds like you and I are doing the same thing today!

Ruth: Goodness, ma'am! Busy day for you! You seem to have such a full life and you really enjoy it! I think that's awesome!!

cottage: I've done that so many times before! Don't you just hate it?! Sounds like a fun day of bouncing with all those giggling girls! WTG on the 1/2 lb!

beachgal: Morning, beachgal! I hope you're sleeping!

Kim_Star060404
01-12-2007, 10:14 AM
ME: I almost forgot to let you all know what's going on with me!

DH is back in town. It's nice to have him home again. I think we're both planning on taking it easy this weekend. I've got some cleaning and ironing to do, but other than that, no big plans.

I've got great news! A few friends from work and I are going to join a weight loss support group! I think, if anything, it will just give me a chance to be accountable (a monthly weight-loss winner will win a cash prize) and meet some new people who are probably going through the same thing I am! I'm really excited about it.

Well, off to finish my Friday. It's been a good week at work, but for some reason, I am really glad the weekend's almost here. Time to get back to the daily grind!! Have a great day, chickies!

RNMOM
01-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi all. Schools are closed here today because we have -34 degrees!!!!!!!!! That's with the wind chill, however, I think Alaska is warmer than us right now. Unfortunately, the ER isn't closed so I had to come to work....boohoo.

I got up again this AM to do some weights and sit ups. My weight loss in week two has come to a standstill. That usually happens with me, I get all excited the first week and then the second week I'm way slow. That's OK, I am starting to feel better.

Ruth, have fun with your doggage today, you should post a picture of Lucy after her furcut.

beachgal, trying to write Christmas cards???? Uhmm, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news........(whispering) Christmas is over........:D

cottage, way to go scale loser!!!!!! :carrot:

SBLynn, have fun painting, I would like to do that this weekend.

Schatzi, I want you to come to Idaho STAT for an immediate mental evaluation done by me!!!! :yikes: Building your own house???? Are you nuts?
Actually that should be a lot of fun...................................:?:

jetsetter, sending good vibes to your grandma!:hug:

Weezle, didn't know you and dh were struggling:hug: Florida should be just what you need. Have a blast!

little chick:hug: I hope your day gets better. Everything is bad enough and then to have Aunt Flo....sorry, be sure to eat.

Phins...if it was 55 here today I would think I needed to plant something or mow something. It's so cold here it hurts to be outside!

Well, so far only one patient in the ER today....I hope to be able to get some homework done today.

Hubby is now touring in London, too bad he's missing the cold front here.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

soon2Bfab
01-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning everyone!!! Thought I would stop in before I head to work.
Lisa - Key West....one of my favorite places of all time!!! Mallory Square, Hog's Breathe...don't forget to bring back a pair of Kino's sandals - so comfortable! I'll be checking the live web cams to see if I can see you!! (just
kidding!)
My "offical" weight in day is tomorrow, but I couldn't wait...guess what I'm down a total of 8lbs woo -hoo!
Well sorry I didn't repond to everyone, but I must get ready for work - have a wonderful day.

RNMOM
01-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey Kim, we posted together! Have a great weekend. Support group is great. I've been teaching a nutrition class for some women in my church group and it's been good for me. It does help to be accountable to others.

RNMOM
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
soon2b!!!!! You ROCK! Congrats!

mamajok
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Gals,

Still snowed here in the Pacific NW...no new snow but it's so cold even the sun:sunny: being out all day yesterday didn't melt it. I so want to go to the groc store and stock up for next week.

When I feel like complaining about the snow I look out our windows and feel guilty because it trully is beautiful. We look out on a pond with ducks, lovely birch and fir trees and rolling hills...the rolling hills are mounds :o on a golf course! I call it the 'boob' :rofl: course because of all the mounds...a man had to have designed it.

Anyway I am on my 11th day with program and doing well. Had to use some Metamucil this morning...a good side effect of that is I drink :) lots of water too.

Sis, where are you? I loved our chat yesterday. I hope to chat again before you leave on your trip South...if not...Have a great time enjoying the sunshine! I love you:hug:

Cottage - Congrats on that 1/2lb loss!

Ruth - Sis tried to teach me to knit - no can do. I do crochet and you have inspired me to get out the ol' hooks again - thanks.

SB Love color! Which color did you pick for your Den?

Schatzi - Go for it! My late DH and I built our retirement home being our own contractors - works great, saves a ton of money!

JetSetter - So sorry about your grandmother - praying along with you.
Hey, no more of that sliding!!!

Little Chick - Do something nice for yourself. Bubble Bath, :bubbles: w/candles, soft music...in the evening I even turn out the lights and bath by candlelight...oh so relaxing. Slow down and care for yourself.

PHins - Hooray for you! :cheer2: Sis is always after me to get in that water :swim: too...you inspire me - keep it up!

Everyone, have a fantastic day just being grateful to have another day of life. Eat right, drink lots of water and excercise...to your health:carrot:

weezle
01-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Soon- I bought Kino's in black last time I was there but since they're $9, I may pick up another pair or two! They're the comfiest sandals ever! We've already got it all planned out. We get into Key West at 4:30, dump everything at the condo and get a good seat at Sloppy Joe's for Pete & Wayne (who are expecting us.) We'll eat and drink and once they're over about 9, we'll stumble across the street and over to Margaritaville and get a good seat for the Landsharks (who are also expecting us.) Does this tell you that we go to Key West a little too often? Mallory, Hog's Breath, Green Parrot, Turtle Kraals, Mangia Mangia, 2 Friends Patio Bar for karaoke.... it's going to be a fun trip! I'll make sure to wave at the cameras when I'm at Sloppy's, Hog's Breath, 2 Friends, and walking up and down Duval so you can see me!

Stinger
01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Jetsetter-sorry to hear about your grandmother-I pray that the Lord is with you, the family and all who are involved in her care.

Weezle-have a wonderful vacation.

PHinsup -glad to hear that your having fun in class. That is important.

Kim-glad to hear DH is back. Great to hear that you have a support team at work now.

Soontobefab- congrats on the 8 lbs.

RNMOM-What a great idea. A nutrition class is a great ministry that is very much needed.

Me I got off work early today...Yea. T.G.I.F. Tonight I will be busy trying to find something for my teenager to wear for an event. Those with teenage girls know that this is not an easy task. Hope it does not take up my whole evening.

annarenee
01-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I hope everyone is having a good day. Things have been hetic for me the past few days. Yesterday at work (a brand new job by the way, I've been temping since Nov., but my offical start date is 1/16) my supervisors boss and one of the ppl I admin for were let go. Just like that. Thankfully, I still have another person to admin for...so I'm okay. And if that wasn't already making things crazy...I moved to a new cubicle today and everything is still packed away. Who knows when I'll get to settle in...

Other than work, things are okay. I'm feeling kinda light-headed, so Curves might be a 'no' today. We'll see how I feel at 5. And I'm proud to say although I've been stressed, I have stayed OP all this week (except today, I had two SF chocolates after lunch which put me over my sweet treat allotment...no Jell-o tonight!) I feel lighter, but I will resist weighing myself until Monday when I begin W2 of P1.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's supposed to snow here in Chicago so the outside photography I had planned on doing this weekend might be a bust...luckily, there's always Netflix! :lol:

GO BEARS!! :D

Ruthxxx
01-12-2007, 03:41 PM
SBLynn, painting is so much fun and no chance for major goofs as there is in wallpapering.

Schatzi, don't be overwhelmed! It will all work out and will be a great learning experience. I'd like my room done in pale pink. :lol:

jetsetter, good thoughts on the way for your family. Let's hope for the best outcome for your poor Grandma.

little chick, nice of Aunt Flo to visit at this stressful time. I hope DH gets over himself soon. You sound stressed and tired.

PHinsUP! 55 sounds wonderful to me! Oatmeal is a good choice to add back in Phase II. Be sure to read the notes on adding back starches.

Kim_Star060404, the weightloss group sounds like fun and will be great motivation!

soon2Bfab, good going on the 8 pounds and thanks for the heads up on Kinos sandals. I may buy some when I'm in FL in February.

RNMOM, touring London, eh? That brings back many memories of several trips. I like London!

Mamajok,Metamucil can be a good diet aid too. Some chicks take a teaspoon in water before every meal. It helps fill us up.

Weezle,have a wonderful vacation. You've worked for it and earned it.

Stinger, good luck in finding something suitable for your teen! I wouldn't know where to start, I'm afraid.

Annarenee, good for you in staying on track despite the stress! It's so upsetting when job situations are wobble. Congrats on your permanent position though.

Stumbleine, I hope the shakes and general crappiness disappeared by now. Are you making sure you have legumes and dairy? That sometimes really helps with carb withdrawal. You sure do get hot summers over there.
And it's OK to whine - snivelling is verboten though!

THERE! I think I hit on everybody that's posted since I posted. pats self on back.

Lucy's back from her fur-styling and looks gorgeous. It's nice to have both my Girls at the same stage in fur cuts! The two brats just insisted on their supper which meant I had to stop sewing and do the food thing. It's rather early for their meal but I just could not stand the barking and howling!

I heard from my ortho's office today and can just stop anticipating an early date for my knee replacement. :( Right now the nurse is booking people who got on the list in November 2005 and I was booked in October 2006! So I'll stock up on Aleve, glucosamine, cod liver oil, do my exercises and try to stop complaining! I promise! The good news is that I now know what's what and can make plans for spring and summer. I can even think gardening and greenhouse work!

Now I'm back to regular programming whiuch means upstairs for an hour or so of sewing!

WildWoman
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Here it is after noon and I am just now getting around to eating. Sautee'd fresh spinach with garlic and grape tomatoes and 1 oz of LF ham, added a couple eggs and 1oz cheese on top-that should get me through the day.
Question-how do you guys measue your spinach or salad? The whole bag is 9 oz, but it says you get 3 -4Cup servings out of it. :?: should you measure when it is cooked and wilted (except I also use it a bunch for salads) measure by the handfull? what???
Gonna go feed the horses before I go to gym-normally the other way around so I dont care if i get a bit dirty-but I want to give them a hot lunch as the temp will stay in the 20's today. Eating and digesting produce heat and help them stay warm so I have been giving them extra hay-you have to worry about them burning up too many calories to keep warm in weather like this-I am just glad they are keeping their weight on.:D
It is beautiful and clear here again today-better get out in it.
Lisa

stumbleine
01-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Ruth - Thanks, I'm having my dairy but so far the legumes are thin on the ground. I'm having some leftover taco bake for lunch today, that's got frijoles in it. It cottage cheese ok? I'm still waiting on my books and I'm a little lost. We went to a pancake house for dinner last night and it was TORTURE, I had a chicken caesar (no croutons or anchovy) and my fiance had crepes (jerk!) and my friend had a long stack of the most delicious pancakes you could imagine - I was eyeing them off jealously. *sigh* I'm trying to keep the prize in mind, to forget the struggle.

Morning Star
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Chicks, Busy day. Had to go to rown to return some pants for my teenage son. Really growing. Anyway they were too small. He's not too picky about his cloths, so guess I'm lucky.

Very cold today. My Mom and i walked today but had to be careful of the ice.

You all have a very good weekend!

Ruthxxx
01-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Morning Star, did you get my PM re your tracker?

Stumbleine, cottage cheese is just fine. It's aprt of your dairy. Check out the FAQ section for the Phase I Food list.

WildWoman - I measure it by the 2 cups for salad and use about the same amount when I cook it.

little chick
01-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Eveing chicks. Just checking in before I head off to pick up dd at her friends house. I am still so very tired and I even had a nap this afternoon. I think I will head off for a nice warm bath and a good book. I think that even sounds like to much work. DH is a little better in his mood tonight. He took himself of his pain meds which I think was giving him is evil alter ego. We will see. Well every one have a great night. See ya in the morning.

WildWoman
01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
WildWoman - I measure it by the 2 cups for salad and use about the same amount when I cook it.

but how fluffed up?? Am tempted to use a food scale and weigh it-but then how much would be a serving?

I am probably overthinking this-but want to make sure I am getting enough veggies.
thanks
WW

Bionic Beach Babe
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Ok. Late today....those of you on the west coast...Hope you are having a good evening...Those of you 3-4 hours different than CA..I hope you are curled up in bed, sleeping peacefully or in bed reading a good book to relax you and put you in dream land...stay warm.

Busy day for me here...Left home at 9:30 for Friday with two of my daughters...We shopped until we nearly dropped had a lovely lunch and had lots of good laughs.

Got home around 4, lots of shopping to put away then dinner, check E-Mail, wrote sis...dinner, etc....the day is gone and I am just getting on this site...I hope tomorrow I can check in with all of you, my friends much earier....

jetsetter
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm about to head off to bed, but thought the news for the evening warranted posting since so many of you said prayers today.

According to my Aunt, Grandma is doing much better this evening. The medications worked quickly and she's able to breathe without having to work at it so hard. I'll be calling her in the morning to check on her myself. If my oldest had cooperated and gone to bed earlier than 9:30, I would have called tonight.

Hope you all have a good weekend. We're set and ready for an ice storm if it decides to hit us...half expecting to lose power at some point. Best re-tuck the kiddos and then get snuggled in under the warm blankets.

soon2Bfab
01-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Jetsetter - Glad to hear grandma is doing better!!