South Beach Diet - Has this happened to anyone?

View Full Version : Has this happened to anyone?

Monkeybabies
01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
My husband thinks this is hilarious. When you started to get used to this new lifestyle...and getting used to the new foods....did you have to force down the food? I dunno if this makes any sense or not...but I always need a glass of water on hand to help chase most bites. And some times I even gag. I don't know if it purely psychological...or I just have to get used to all thse veggies and stuff. Does this happen to anyone...or am I just a freak? LOL

WildWoman
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
ummm WOW
no definately hasnot happened to me-I love the food-tend to make up my own stuff that fits within te parammeters of the plan tho.
Best of luck
Lisa

SlimLindy
01-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Gina,

Maybe you could look for some foods/meals/menus/diet plan that you like to eat. It might be pretty hard to stick with something that you are forcing down. I have really only had success with losing weight when I WANTED to eat healthfully and did not WANT to overeat or eat unhealthfully. I can't imagine how I could maintain something that made me gag. Keep looking, there are a LOT of options out there and you'll find some healthy options that don't make you gag!

Lindy

RocknRoll
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Well, a few years ago i became a vegetarian and at that time the only 'veggies' i ate were corn, potatos, and green beans! Everyone told me i could never do it so i secretly gagged down every bite. Before i could even realize it, i was craving broccoli! I still crave veggies!

You will acquire the taste soon and dont worry, your not alone on this whole gagging down veggie things!