Old 01-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #1  
Lori, LAWL since 11/05

S/C/G: 217/172/160

Height: 5'7

Default LA Lites, Light Salt - Skin breakouts?

HI,

Pardon the 2 question's in one day, but I just found this website and am so excited! I like the taste of the LA lites, but of course don't like the price. I saw the alternatives in the forums for other bars to buy. My ? is....does anyone else break out from eating these bars? My face breaks out from them, I think. Or, could it be the light salt? When I started LAWL last year and used the bars and the light salt, initially, my skin broke out, which is unusual for me. I stopped using both and my skin was fine after that. Has anyone else had that experience? Thanks !!!
twopugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

There have been a few ladies here that have complained of breakouts after eating the lites for a while. Including me. While I have never had perfect skin, I have noticed that for a while the breakouts and zits have become more common. I bulked on the lites when I signed up so I still have quite a few boxes to go through, I have found lately that I crave the sugar in the lites and sometime eat more of them than I should.

In all reality, if you look at the nutritional value, you are essentially eating the same as a 3 musketeers candy bar with a little less sugar and more protein.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

twopugs--my guess would be it's the lites vs. the salt--not a doctor though! A few women have said the same thing. You can always try other OTC bars--I LOVE the peppermint Luna and the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy--both are comparable to Lites. I would only try changing one thing at a time to see if you can pinpoint the problem. I have always been lucky to have good skin but definitley noticed it being softer and more hydrated after starting LAWL--the COD says it's the lites--I think its the EFA's (essential fatty acids). Heck--maybe it's just not all the junk I used to eat!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #4  
Lori, LAWL since 11/05

S/C/G: 217/172/160

Height: 5'7

Great, that's what I think too, it's the lites. I'm fine without em' I like having bigger portions of protein anyway! I like not having to buy them. Thanks for the help!!
twopugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

The lites made me look like I was going through puberty all over again. My COD was super cool about it.....they were actually the ones who suggested that maybe my tummy troubles and skin blowouts were from the lites. After 1 week, I was like a new woman.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote