Old 01-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Somethings: WEEKEND January 6/7

Week 1, Day 6 (Motivation: High)

Morning everyone!

Okay, I'm feeling pretty good today. Scale didn't punish me at all for a little treat (I snuck about 1/3 of a bag of Corn Twists -- salt heaven) - and honestly, I can't really believe what I'm seeing in there too. It's too good to be true. I have to decide whether I'll post my "trend wait" vs "weigh in" on my tracker...maybe using my trending value is more realistic. I don't know - I'll decide by Monday.

So, today is wet and rainy. I hate days like this because I don't know what to do with myself - and that leads to boredom and that leads to eating. I think I'll take a good & hard look at "my list" and see if there's anything that I can do to occupy myself - especially given that DW is off to work in a couple hours.

Becky - I've been doing some research on the Internet and the Trimline treadmills consistently have been given top marks for durability and reliability. Of course, you end up paying a little more for these guys than the ones you'd buy at Sears, for example.

Darcy - Trying to keep my motivation up, but the scale is confusing me. It's showing an EXTREME drop in the last 6 days....which I'm afraid is going to bounce back. And when the scale goes up, that's when my motivation dies. :| Oh well, I'll just have to not worry about that and deal with that motivational crash when it hits. Not fear it before it happens. It's all about the attitude....

Michelle - Aw! That's one of the most wonderful things I've had someone tell me in a long time. I don't think I could keep up this positive thinking without being surrounded by all you guys! It really is a group effort.

Anyway, better get this posted and find some breakfast.

Stay strong, stay healthy, and stay on program.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
Michelle

S/C/G: 167.4/161.5/145

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up A New Day !!

Good morning everyone,
I am back at it again. Jumping on board for day 2 (for me that is) I did pretty good yesterday, a very healthly breakfast and lunch and then a so-so dinner, better than before though... I just keep reminding myself that this is a life long change not short term so every little change will help. Also pulled the treadmill back out into the livingroom, instead of hiding in the laundry room. I am sooo determined to do this now and having the treadmill right there will be motivation, at least I can watch my shows while I am on it. I am really looking forward to talking with everyone on here and seeing everyones progress. I have decided that I will weigh myself every Monday morning though instead of everyday. I notice too much fluctuation getting on the scale daily and I know that it may be water weight and all but it is discouraging to me. So weekly it is.
Lawrence--congrats on the loss this past 6 days.
Becky--GL finding the right treadmill, bought mine about 1 1/2 yrs ago at Sears. Its a Proform 400 GI...has the IFit program, many workout options, fan, memory and folds up..perfect price too, might not be the right one for you but just thought I would let you know about that one if your still searching.
**Well back to my gloomy Sat. afternoon here in the snowless midwest, nice on one hand, crappy on the other. I will get on the treadmill this evening.**
mibrneydgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

OK, it's like 70° degrees here today!! I'm soo stoked! The windows are open, the breeze airing out the place! It's like one of those first Spring days after the long, cold winter...except we haven't even had snow yet! Can you tell I'm sooooo not a winter person?!

I'm a little sad today, took me by surprise too. I borrowed a mattress from my mom's hi-rise bed and put it down on the floor for Peter and Robby is getting Peter's toddler bed. No more crib. I took it apart and folded it and DH has to take it to the basement. My baby is all grown up. He'll be 2 in a week. Peter will be 4 in a few weeks. (NO, Karen, it's NOT time for another baby!!) Anyway, DH is at the park with the boys while I moved beds around.

Went to see the truck today. Man, it's bad, I cannot believe by looking at it that DH didn't get hurt at all! :thud: The whole front end is smashed in...I'm surprised it didn't come through the dash! They are going to do the estimate and we'll probably know Monday. I asked the girl if she thought it might be considered a loss and she said there's a good chance, but they have to get in there and pull it all apart.

It has not turned out to be a good "first week" OP...because I haven't been "OP" and I'm afraid to step on the scale...but will, probably Sunday or Monday AM.

Hi to everyone...gotta go get the boys.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, Wow ~ Has it really been that long? I remember when you couldn't wait for Robby to be born. I think we need updated pictures.

Been ho humming it this week, not really much going on. Trying to stay positive (about jobs). The Toledo job market sucks! Thank goodness that I live with my parents and so I have that freedom - I have some monies coming in enough to pay some bills, but still getting anxious. I am an emotional eater - so I have been playing alot of solitare to keep my mind off of food.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Lauren--I am with U on the weather!! It was soo great that me and K spent the entire day at the zoo.. We have the best playground with the rubber flooring and she had a blast..Last weekend, a group of kids knocked her down the steps backwards(I ran over there and fussed but no one could speak English so I dont think it was too effective) and she got a horrible swollen, purple forehead so she wasnt too kean on climbing up the slide again..After I climbed up with her about 5 times, she was ready again..Did the tape arrive???

Becky--I have the same treadmill that Michelle was talking about..I love it and folds up nice. No chance to use it as a clothes rack!!! Good price from Sears also..Sometimes, they discount the floor models when the new ones come out..

Lisa--Hope the job market picks up...

Good Morning RX...Sometimes U can find those treadmills with no shipping/tax etc and it could be about the same price..

Hello to the Newbies!!!
Ok..off to find something to do to escape DH and his 2 kids..(OK--new year and I am not suppose to be mean)Oh well, I made it 7 days
Maintained this week, must increase the excercise...I want to take a family pic with me and K and want her to be proud of her mom when she is older.
Well..a guy tried to pick me up at the theatre last weekend..I was in the lobby waiting for everyone and he asked me if I had anyone serious in my life after he came and sat at my table.Ok..I was old enough to be his mom..I told him I had a husband and M-I-L and 10 y/o in one theater and my 15 y/0 and 4 y/o were in another and I was waiting for everyone..He just grinned..
Silly boy!!
Have a great day!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm just miserable sick. I think it's just a cold, but it sure feels like a sinus infection. Head is about 100 lbs.

RR, the DVD came Friday, I think! Sorry, I meant to post that it came! THANKS! Peter had a great time watching it and dancing around like a fool!
There's a nice playground where we used to live with that rubber ground, but we don't get there often. The one nearby is nice, but it's mulch ground.

Lisa, time flies, huh? I need to get them to sit nice for pics! I didn't even get Christmas pics taken!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #7  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey, all!!

Went back to work Wed. and life has been busy again. I started going to gym on Tues. That has been going good. I haven't missed a day. Been walking and doing some weights.
I can't believe how making the right choses to eat are just second nature anymore. Even grocery shopping. I don't linger in the chip aisle or other "bad" sections. I know what I want and I get it.

Have a good day everyone!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #8  
Rooster

Week 1, Day 7 (Motivation: Low)

I'm having an awful day. It started with me forgetting to get on the scale this morning. I started to do something nice for the DW - make breakfast for a change - and got so caught up in the moment that, before I knew it, breakfast was over and I hadn't weighed myself. It seems, without that reminder, I didn't bother to track things in FitDay (though I could go in now and put stuff in as I remember it) and that led me to having a "weak day". In marches the cookies and popcorn and nachos + salsa/sour cream. *sighs*

It figures that this would all happen the day before I "officially" get on the scale for my weigh in. Oh well. Pick up the pieces tomorrow...

Trying to figure out a nice dinner to make for DW. She's off work in a couple hours, so I still have plenty of time to figure it all out.

Hope eveyone else is having a great day.

to the next batch. As you can tell, we just kinda babble along in our daily posts. If people find them interesting, you'll usually see some kind of follow-up - especially if you look like you need a good kick in the butt.

Stay strong, stay focused, and stay on program!
(i.e. Do as I say, not as I do! )

Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, here is just what you need Remember to make it a healthy dinner. Just because breakfast was blown doesn't have to mean the whole rest of the day is shot! <-- For added encouragement

Lauren, time flies when I was doing all that homework and paper writing. Don't know about recently.

to all the newcomers, sorry I didn't mention you by name, you know who you are.

Has anyone heard from Stevie?

Molly, how are you holding up.

The scale stayed in the same place this week, have to resume exersizing.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #10  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
RX, here is just what you need Remember to make it a healthy dinner. Just because breakfast was blown doesn't have to mean the whole rest of the day is shot! <-- For added encouragement
For the record, breakfast wasn't bad and neither was dinner. It was all the time in between that wasn't no good. :|

Tonight, I decided to experiment and learned that Balsamic Vinagrette Salad Dressing makes a great beef marinade. I also tossed some basil into the rice I was cooking. Well, the gamble paid off because both turned out wonderfully. Added a good sized portion of frozen beans & carrots to the plate and voila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
Has anyone heard from Stevie?
Not me. I'm assuming that between "the man" and her crazy-busy schedule, she's just too busy at the moment to post. We can only hope that she has a second to drop by for a and a .

Has anyone heard how Christie's making out with her big move?