General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:51 PM   #1  

Question Thinking of joining WW

Ok...I need help and advise. I am thinking of joining WW.

My Mother is a Lifetime member and re-joined since she has gained most of the weight back since quitting about 2 years ago. She wants me to go with her and I am not sure how I feel about it. I recently had a baby (well...10 months ago ) and I gained 65 lbs when I was pg and have lost nothing and I am almost gaining from the weight I was when I delivered my daughter! YIKES!

My problem is that I don't seem to stick with anything...I mean anything...I tried Low-Carb - Ediets - etc... I am also a Stay at Home Mom and don't really have the $$ to shell out for weekly meetings. My Mother has offered to pay half the meeting fees. I'm just not sure if I want to commit myself to yet another "DIET". I feel like I am a quiter and I am never going to loose this weight. I know that I need to loose this weight because I feel horrible about myself. It is really effecting my life, every aspect of it!!!! Even my marriage. I feel so fat and nasty most days... and my husband is tired of hearing it and seeing me down about everything and oh yeah...sex is out of the question most days.

I need do do something and I know it but not sure where to go from here! I thought this would be a GREAT place to get some feedback on whether or not I should join? or any other ideas you might have.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2001, 09:12 PM   #2  

Hi! New Mommy, and congrats! ON THE NEW BABY. I just wanted to tell you don,t give up no matter how many times you have quite before there is something out there that will work for you. I have been trying to lose weight for thirteen years, i got no support at home and had become diabetic. I just couldn,t seem to stick with any diet. finaly i joined weight watchers this year in september. I,ve lost thirteen and one half pounds since 09-15-01 The weight watcher winning points system is the best i,ve ever seen and so easy.you can have anything you want you only need to count the points. this has worked for many people who previously could,nt stay on other programs. My advice to you is give it a try. If you really and truly want to lose weight, this is the program for you.just stick with it and if you need help or support just come on line here. or if you would like you can e mail me i will help you any way i can. here is my e mail address.( [email protected]) There are lots of web sites where you can get weight watcher points recipes, if you want to try something new or are just looking for some lower point versions. I hope this will be a help? Just make sure you really want this before you start, ask yourself if this is what you really want and are you doing it to please yourself or some one else. Hugs Donna
Old 10-08-2001, 10:42 PM   #3  

Thanks Edith!

I know that I have to be commited to making it happen for me and everytime I say that I am but apparently I'm not because it never happens. Any idea as to when you are really ready? I think I am????? I know I'm tired of looking and feeling the way I do and I am begining to worry that I might pass this terrible "weight self esteem" issues on to my daughter later in life and she'll be going to WW with me when she'd my age! I don't want her to see me with a bad image of myself.

My husband is very supportive of me I hope I didn't make it sound like he's not. He has weight problems of his own...he can't GAIN weight! He is 6'1'' and weighs 130!!!! Talk about oppisite ends of the spectrum. It's always hard to loose when he is trying to gain. I seem to eat the Reese's along with him and don't think twice about it.

I guess I am sounding ready huh???

Can anyone give me a quick perspective of the WW program and some do's and don't and maybe some pro's and con's? I would love to know a bit more before I decide that this is what I'm going to do...I"M DOING SOMETHING THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2001, 12:14 PM   #4  
50+ pound loser

Hi NewMommy!

No one can tell you when you are ready to join, you have to tell you. I know that my family wanted me to join something, anything to help me lose the weight and I thought they should all just leave me alone. Then one night I just decided I was TIRED of being fat, tired of hiding behind baggy sweats and big tee-shirts, tired of feeling like I wasn't a pretty woman, so all in all, just plain tired. That night I decided I would go to Weight Watchers, I was worth the extra money, I was worth it.

It was the hardest thing I ever did, walking through those doors, but now that I am over 50 pounds lighter, I would never change a thing. It is the easiest program I have ever tried, and I have tried them all. And for once, I am successful. It may take me a long time, but no matter what, I will do it, because I want to. You have to feel that, whenever you are ready, just give it a shot.

Good luck to you, I hope that this helped a little.

xstitch
Old 10-13-2001, 05:26 PM   #5  

Thumbs down doing ww

42,f on ww wants diet epal from southewrn ca for support/friendship.write me at ;[email protected]
Old 10-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #6  

Angry

NewMommy, have you thought about doing Weight Watchers online? It's cheaper than meetings ($15.00 a month) and you don't attend meetings, which is preferable for me as I have a 3 year old at home, and prefer anonimity anyway. I have already lost 20 pounds since 7/13 and absolutely LOVE the Points plan. I didn't think I could do it either, and I am! Good luck!
Old 10-21-2001, 08:39 PM   #7  

Smile WW Works!

I've been with Weight Watchers since May 24, 2001 and have lost 42 lbs. The point system is working for me (vs the "Exchange" system), as I am in total control of what foods I want to eat, if I choose to have a meatless day, I can without having to work it out!

I highly recommend the program to everyone. The online program might be great, but I also benefit from the support and weekly meetings.

Tamie
Old 10-23-2001, 06:52 AM   #8  
Momma Frog

can someone tell me more about the online weight watchers? I used to be on the slim fast diet, and actually lost 10lbs, although I have not gained it back, I can no longer deal with the shakes. It's just "not enough" ya know?
Closed Thread