100 lb. Club - Can you picture what you will look like at goal?

jtammy
12-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Can you picture what you will look like at goal?

I try to, but I really can't get a picture in my mind of what I may look like. It's been close to 20 years since I was at my goal weight, and since then, I've had two kids and obviously I'm a lot older.

What about you? Can you picture yourself at goal?

Paborsky
12-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I've thought about it..can't always picture myself but know what I aspire to look like. Time will tell. I know where I want to be is achieveable so therefore I know how I will look will be exactly what I was hoping for.

Michelle

boaterswife
12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Tammy, you read my mind! I've been thinking of this a lot this week. I have no idea what I'll look like! I, too, have had way too many years since I was at goal, about 17 to be exact. I've also had a couple kids, and add that they were both c-sections. I know I'll always have that hanging tummy from the surgeries and long time spent overweight, but even now I look in the mirror and I'm happy (at least clothed, anyway! LOL).

rockinrobin
12-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Good question!!!! It's also been about 20 years since I've been at goal, I'm 43. 3 kids, 1 via c-section. The body could be quite scary. The tummy, thighs and upper arms. So yeah, I'll definitely be enjoying the winter season more then the other 3. More coverage.

I don't think I'll be one of those people that if you hadn't seen me since before I started losing weight that when you do you won't recognize me. That was a long sentence. I never had an overly full face when at my heaviest, and when at my lightest I had a round face :( .

I guess that I'll just have to wait and see. And as far as I'm concerned, the sooner the better. ;)

melsfolly
12-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Without clothing I picture myself as a frightful sight - but I'm looking forward to it because I know that I'll be starting the second half of my life so much healthier and active than I've been the last 20 years and with clothing on I'll look simply wonderful for a woman my age! :)

108tolose
12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
10 years ago I was 20 pounds over what is my current goal weight (but not toned at all due to weight loss without exercise). I know I'll look better than that (and I looked pretty good then!).

GirlyGirlSebas
12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Its been way too long since I've been thin...I've had two children via c-section and I havent worked out in years so I know my stomach won't be flat anymore...and the breasts...well, lets not even go there! I know I will look better and I'll move around better and be more graceful. I can't wait!

Cheryl14
12-31-2006, 11:34 PM
:) No, I can't really picture myself at my goal unless I think of myself at what I weighed in high school. A friend of mine said, "Wow! You must have been really TINY!" when I told him that I had another FIFTY POUNDS to go to reach my goal weight. TINY is not a word that I associate with ME!

I DID go through some more clothes in my closet today, though, as I was putting together an outfit to wear today. I tried on my tried and true blue jacket, and it was W-A-Y too big! :) Honestly, I was somewhat shocked! My perception of myself NOW has not yet caught up to what I guess reality is. It is weird (but nice!)

Cheryl

train
01-01-2007, 01:38 AM
good question. personally i have no idea what i will look like. it is strange to me. even now since losing the first 50lbs, i cant tell you what shape i am, face shape...nothing. i just can't see it clearly. before i was just round everywhere and had big everything. haha. i don't even know what clothes or colors suit me. strange.

Justwill
01-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Wouldnt it be nice if there were software where you could take a picture of yourself now and have the software manipulate it to show a loss of 75 or 100lbs based on where you have been losing inches? I bet they have something like that for the "rich and famous". I think its amazing how they do that with missing children, how they simulate how old they would look after a certain number of years.

lilybelle
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I had a mental picture of what I would look like at goal. It wasn't pretty. I thought I'd be totally saggy and disappointed with my body. Turns out, I look closer to my high school figure than I'd ever hoped for. (not as firm, of course but WAY better than I expected). So, to all of you that are still losing weight, Paint a pretty picture in your mind.

jtammy
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Lily, that's good to hear. I'm expecting a lot of loose skin. Like Mel said, I'm prepared to be a frightful sight without clothes on. :) I have an hourglass figure, so I think I'll be happy with my shape while clothed.

I never thought my face had changed when I gained weight, but I guess I was wrong. People who have only known me as obese don't recognize me now. Family who remember what I looked like before I gained so much weight do still recognize me.

It would be so neat to have software that predicted what we would look like.

MaWhit
01-01-2007, 01:04 PM
About 6 years ago I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight. I have a good idea what I'll look like, but I can't imagine where all the skin will go.

Tiggs
01-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Like most of you guys I've had kids (2 of them 16 months apart) and it took a major tole on my body. I honestly don't have a clue what my stomach or breasts will look once I hit goal. I know I'll look amazing compared to what I do now and I'll feel a billion times better than I do now so that's my driving force not the finished "look".

Great question!

JennyWenny
01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I have thought about it. But I can't picture it for the life of me. I remember what I looked like when I met my husband. My target weight is less than what I was then. So, it will be interesting. I can't even remember what time in my life I was at my target weight. Obesity followed me all my life and I think I just stopped paying attention after awhile.

But, whatever it is I will look like, I'm sure I will like it more so than now:)

KnitALisa
01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I wish!! The last time I was 135 lbs was probably in the .. I don't know ... 5th grade! I got slammed with puberty so early in life (I swear, the boobs when straight from flat to C cup and never stopped growing) and I was overweight in high school. I'm hoping and praying that time is on my side; I'm only 20, no kids, not a smoker or a big drinker, no illegal drug habits. :)

But the fact is, I have NO clue what my body will look like! All of my female relatives body's are so drastically different than mine (over 5'9 and pear-shaped while I'm 5'3ish and hour-glass). It'll be interesting to see! (Can't wait!!)

House_of_Mirth
01-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I wish!! The last time I was 135 lbs was probably in the .. I don't know ... 5th grade! I got slammed with puberty so early in life (I swear, the boobs when straight from flat to C cup and never stopped growing) and I was overweight in high school. I'm hoping and praying that time is on my side; I'm only 20, no kids, not a smoker or a big drinker, no illegal drug habits. :)

)

Lisa Im in the same boat! I was a C- Cup Overnight when I hot puberty and Im a 40DDD now at twenty. Im super annoyed that I NEVER had a waist and probably never will.
my measurments are 47-40-45 so Im a definite apple, But Ive never seen a thin apple in my family, especially not one as busty as I am. The best approximation I have is my mother when she was young (we have about the same body shape...busty, no hips, flat butt) but Im taller and have a larger bone structure and ma never weight trained so Im not sure. Again Like Lisa I hope youth will make the difference. ( I live in terror of granny arms)

Monkeybabies
01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Can you picture what you will look like at goal?
What about you? Can you picture yourself at goal?

You know...not until recently. Honestly, I think it is so crucial to our success. In the past while trying to loose weight, I just could not "See it" or "picture it"...it was such a far off idea...you know? Now, I mentally see myself working out, and being fit, healthy and goal weight.

SEE IT + BELIEVE IT = ACHIEVE IT.

So, can I picture myself at goal...I sure do.

puff0518
01-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I honestly have no clue what I will look like at goal. I simply can't picture it. I've been overweight for so very long. In high school, I was overweight, but not terribly. I weight 155 when I graduated, and thought I was a blimp. Oh, to be 155 again....

I imagine myself having a lot of loose, saggy skin, as most of my weight is in my stomach area. My waist measurement is actually larger than my hips!! I look like I'm about 15 months pregnant. However, this no longer discourages me from trying to lose weight. I would rather deal with that saggy skin than the fat. I can hide the saggy skin with clothing, or have it removed (not likely, but it's possible). You can't hide the fat, no matter how you try.

Paborsky
01-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Its interesting to read what others thoughts were on this one. It is hard to imagine. For those that are on the path to losing a lot of weight, the excess skin thing is an issue:dizzy: . However, there is an upside to it. Yep, I had three c-sections too and was heavy for a long time so there's excess skin whereever you can imagine it BUT since I started my healthier lifestyle quest things have progressively gotten better. Weight/strength training will be a big part of helping to get rid of the body fat that tends to hid under all that excess skin. Supplements/vitamins will help get rid of the toxins trapped in the cellulite and cardio burns excess fat. The right foods will also help - eating clean. I searched the internet about excess skin and there are other alternatives out there other than surgery - although that might be one's last resort but that's entirely up to the individual. I will continue on my journey and see where it leads me and either way I will be a happier healthier me. That's really what I picture! Sorry to make it so long but thought I'd share.

Michelle

Jen415
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I haven't a clue where to begin.....I have ALWAYS been overweight, at least by about 40 lbs or so. I try to imagine me thinner, and I can't get that picture in my head no matter how I try.

Leygh
01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I cant image myself at all. I've never been this that small in my life, and the time where I weighed that I was alot shorter too. The smallest I've been at this height was 190-200, and I'm already smaller then that now.

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, as for me, I was olny about 10 pounds away from my goal 1 1/2 years ago, so I can pretty much picture it...Ohhhh how I wish I hadnt gotten so lazy and put it all back on....

NESunshine
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I think I can imagine, I imagine I will look a lot like what my minds eye tells me I look like... Before I really took a good look in a mirror I always mentally though I wasn't 'that' big (ummm hello, there is nothing small about 238lbs silly me). I also did some of those simulators on different websites to project what I look like at different weights. The one that I thought was the best was the one on the nutrisystem website...and you can do the simulation without joining...or at least you used to be able to. I know its not 100% accurate, but I printed the goal weight photo anyway and put one on my fridge and one in my wallet to remind me of the direction that I'm going in and why I'm going there.

At this point I'm 26 so I'm still pretty young, and I have no kids. I've never had a flat stomach though, and I can't say I've ever been at my goal weight while I was old enough to remember it. I think I was about 180 in high school and that is 40lbs over where I'm heading, so we'll see how flat I can get it! I suppose I won't know what extra skin has in store for me until I get there. As far as how everything else appears....I've yoyo'd so I've got a good amount of stretch marks, my breasts have never been perky cause they have always been to big (I've been a DDD since my freshman year of high school) so I'll be happy if I can keep them from hitting my knees before I'm in my 30s. I figure I've been living with all this weight for so long that I'll take some extra skin if it means not having to carry around an extra 100lbs every day!

SkinnyScorp29
01-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I have a fantasy how I would look at my Goal..i was watching the biggest loser marathon last night and all the women looked HOT and SEXY after loosing all their weight!
GirlyGirl..i also had 2 csections and know that "flap" aint going no where LOL!

KnitALisa
01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
House of Mirth- I too live in fear of the granny arms that don't stop waving until 5 minutes after you have!! I also feel ya on the waist thing; I'm 45-36-45, but I'm SO short torsoed that sometimes it looks like I don't have a waist at all! The big ole love handles aren't helping either!!

I guess the good news is a waist is one of the easier things to create with clothing! It's just miserable trying to find clothes that will fit! Grrr....

sept15lija
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I have no idea what I'll look like!! I've ALWAYS been overweight...so like a pp I was probably at my goal weight when I was like 13 or something...who knows. Although, I imagine I'll look like my older sister, we look very much alike except she is about 140 lbs and I am not! haha We'll see what the real thing ends up to be...although people are telling me now that I look more and more like her as I lose.

teahoney
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I actually can picture myself. I do it all the time. Most times when I am dreaming, I am much smaller than now. I picture myself looking much the same, just smaller and more toned. I've always had a tummy and after having a baby I ain't expecting no six pack, ya know? (I know, I know, that was a double negative)