Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #1  

Default Anyone considering WLS in Atlanta Ga?

Hi,

I'm looking for someone in the Atlanta area who might be willing to be interviewed for a documentary I'm making on weight loss...anyone interested?

Thanks,
Steve
SteveYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Steve, welcome to 3FC What can you tell us about the documentary?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #3  

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your interest!

The documentary is about 18 months in the making, and my hope is that it can really help a lot of people understand why we all struggle so much with weight loss. (or at least many of us)

We've been following 20 different documentary subjects from age 12 to age 74, following different diets and programs, and trying to extract nuggets of knowledge that we can use to create a framework that will help everyone succeed.

Our hope is that many of the people who succeed in the film, will offer inspiration to many, but also as we document their journeys, we find specific turning points and moments that are so common to many of our stories...but it is what we do when we come to each obstacle that often determines our success or failure.

I could go on, and on...but maybe the best way for you to get a flavor for the film is to visit our web site, at www.inspiredthemovie.com (this this link gets removed, you can always google "Inspired the Movie"

The project is a part of our own journey of weight loss, my wife and I, who changed our entire lives with our physical transformation...that ultimately led to a profound psychological transformation. We see people struggle every day, and we hope that our film might change things for many people.

We decided however, that the impact of the film would be more profound if we show people's actual journies, the ups and the downs, and the things we learn from each (so we do not talk about our own weight loss experience). The difference in how we can relate to these stories I believe will be more powerful, as we aren't just following a story that we can tell from recollection - we experience it as it happens.

Hope that helps!

Steve
SteveYu is offline   Reply With Quote