Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Fancy (and delicious) Italian restaurant advice please!

My work is having a Christmas party at this very nice Italian restaurant. My boss, knowing I am on a diet made the menu open to whatever we want to order. Question is, what do I order? I would really like to stay as on plan as possible but have no clue what to do

thank you oh so much!

random but I am STARVING right now. I fell asleep before eating my 2nd lite. I'm so hungry that I am craving celery and I skieve celery
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Nikki - (Love your quote!) I took a gander in the back of the book at the restaurant guide and as I'm sure you know, there aren't any pasta choices probably because we can't have very much pasta! I see many offers of a grilled chicken with side veggies or fish with side veggies. Olive Garden offerings were chicken caesar salad + 1P, 2V ... Grilled salmon with roasted veggies = 1P, 1V... Minestrone soup, 8 oz portion = 1/2P, 1S
With that said, and keeping in mind that you asked for ideas to stay as OP as possible, that's what I'd go with. Most italian restaurants have some sort of salad with protein, and most of them offer grilled chicken or fish with veggies. If this is some sort of "pasta" only place... then I'd opt for a chicken or shrimp dish with roasted veggies with parmisian and olive oil - no marinara or other "sauce" because that's where they get ya!
Here's some for ya! I know you'll make wise decisions and no matter what, let us know how it was! (We'll all bask in your experience!)
Hugs,
Merry Christmas!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Keep in mind that restaurants put a lot of salt in their food (I am dealing with repurcussions of that today after dinner out last night) so I would also up your water consumption before, during and after the dinner.

Pearl is right - there should be a dinner that is some sort of protein and veggies, avoiding the sauces (or get it on the side if you want to have some of it). I hope that you enjot the party.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

We had a luncheon brought in yesterday from Macaroni Grill. They had grilled chicken topped with a portabello mushroom and mozzarella cheese. And it wasn't even a ton of cheese.

Can you access the menu online before you go? That seems to help a lot so you can prepare what you will have.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #5  

Thank you (Pearl?, i'm not sure of everyone's names because I'm new)! I love the quote too and it has alot to do with my weight and trying to except myself for who I am and work with it.

and thank you! I looked in the back of it too, I wish we were going to Olive Garden or some oher franchise restaurant, it would be so much easier! lol. I looked online and they do have their menu on the website but it does not list details about the food, so I may just call the restaurant and see what would be ok.

Kim- Oh, I know I'm always bloated a day or two after, ESPECIALLY after Italian food. I'm going to do everything without the sauce since that's where the most salt is. Also, I'm going to go for "lighter" meats since my experience with LAWL has taught me that they tend to not stay with you as long.

Cassi- I'm looking at the menu right now and they only have the main entrees listed. All the chicken I see is breaded so I'm going to try call up and see if they can alter dishes. I just saw a fresh mozz/tomato/onion salad but I doubt that would be part-skim lol.

THANK YOU ALL! I'm just really trying to stay as OP as possible because I'm really motivated right now and usually when I go off, it's NEVER for just one day :/ (also, my friday delicasy is a CC pizza and I don't wanna lose out on it this week lol)

I'm also going to consult my COD because I tend to call her for everything and she offers good advice. I'll update on how it goes, thank you!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the above posts. Stick with grilled protien and veggies. Stay away from the bread bowl at all cost!!!! Remember, alcohol inhibits your judgements so if you can, stick to a "Mocktail" like club soda and lime you will be much better off. The glass of wine that most restaraunts serve is more like 3 servings so if you want to stay POP, ditch the bottle. That is where the Italian places always get me! Good luck and as long as you plan, you will do well.
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  

Unfortunately I don't have to worry about that, I'm not yet 21 I'd hate to waste a starch on alcohol anyway so I guess that's a good thing lol.

Actually, the dinner was just cancelled and maybe it is for the best. So instead I am having a nice night with the boyfriend and cooking him a delicious sounding recipe that I found on the forum!

Thank you all for the advice