Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

I am aiming for eccentric, but I concur with you I want to be as self sufficient as possible, and the healthier I start out at and I started doing crossword puzzles, I read that helps the memory, the longer I can stay out of any homes. Although I did teach my son to think I am a godess, he's only 8 but with enough time, I think I can convince him that it would be bad karma to put his mother the godess in a nursing home devil:
Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

buono -
Old 07-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #48  

Mauva - (such a great name btw) what is Canada like? I have am travelly disadvantaged (translation: I haven't been able to afford to travel but some day, some day) but love learning about new places. I live in Texas now, which is not very different from Arizona or California the two other places I have lived. I keep begging my husband to take a major trip, but I don't think he has the same yearning for different places. Sigh.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #49  

Well it depends on where you go. If you go to the west coast it is similar to the Seattle area has the ocean, mountains etc. In Vancouver you can apparently go to the beach and then drive up to the mountains and go skiing afterwards on a summer day.

The West has prairies, farming communities the Calgary Stampede, Oil fields in Alberta and big cities and is a nice area too. Though there is much more there I can't say as I have never been there but one of my friends is from Saskatchewan. There is also the West Edmonton Mall which has rides and a roller coaster, an indoor skating rink and a wave pool in it. Guess it's a one-stop vacation deal for fun and shopping and would be a great place for a vamily vacation.

I haven't been out east (Newfoundland, PEI, Labrador etc.) But I hear is quite beautiful.

I live in the central Ontario. I love where I live as it is a pretty big city but without the huge metropolis feel. There is lot's of green space, a river running through the city, lot's of parks in the downtown core etc. Museums, art galleries, restaurants, clubs, shopping, theatres, river cruises etc. Not too much crime for the size of the city etc.. I feel pretty safe living here and enjoy it. The pace is slower here than in some of the other big cities in Canada and I'm happy here.

Toronto is quite large and very busy - same with Montreal (in Quebec) - larger cities, huge populations but still good places to visit. I prefer Montreal over Toronto but that is because Montreal is a place I feel more comfortable in - I love the cafes and the nightlife there and they have a lot of cool places to shop for the kind of things I like Toronto does have some great places including Canada's Wonderland theme park and other attractions.

I've never been up North (Northwest Territories, Nunavik) but I have some friends up there who love it and they say it's quite beautiful too. I'd love to go up there someday.

Canada is huge and the population is pretty spread out so we have a lot of green places, different things to see and do all over the place.

I guess that is the condensed version of the tour - which really doesn't do the place justice! If you surf the net for some travel sites I'm sure they would give a much broader idea than I can.

DH and I would love to go to Texas just for the BBQ and to go hot sauce shopping!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #50  

I could take you to some great BBQ places. But I can get you better hot sauce from Tucson, yummy!!! Thanks for the info on Canada, it sounds lovely. It would be so nice to be surrounded by green.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #51  

One day DH and I would love to go to the annual Fiery Foods Tradeshow in Arizona. We hav a collection of over 100 hot sauces from all over the world. It started with my trip to New Orleans several years back and now people bring hot sauce back for us whenever the travel.

We get bottles of hotsauce instead of snowglobes.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #52  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome back Punkin!!!!

I love Canada. I live close enough where I can see it out of my window at work. We think nothing of crossing the border to hang out or go for dinner.

Newfoundland is actually really nice. It was a very quiet place. And very interesting to just wander around. I went up there for a few days when I graduated college. I still want to get back there and go to PEI & Nova Scotia.

Sorry I have been a bit MIA. I can manage to read most days, just not post more then a few lines. Just have been busy. Work has been very busy. Still job hunting. I did get my tickets so I can head out to CA for a few days to catch up with some college friends, and see my boy. We are going to see Toad the Wet Sprocket. I am also still trying to clean my house, and get rid of stuff I really don't need. I have also started playing World of Warcraft, and I am actually enjoying it alot more then I thought I would. (blame that on the boy).

How is everyone elses Friday?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #53  

Today sucks!!!! But thanks for asking. I try to be more optomistic, but today is just not one of those days. But I do hope that everyone else has a great one!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #54  

My Friday was great! I got a bunch of stuff done at work which helped clear off my desk and then we got to leave around 3:30!

We went out to dinner and a movie with friends.

Tonight we're going to another couples place for dinner so that makes 2 days in a row I don't have to cook!

buono - hope your are having a better day today!

Squeaker - my Dh just started playing World of Warcraft too and loves it!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #55  

TGIF!!!!

Had a hectic week and I'm looking forward to the weekend. No real plans except clearing out my closet and getting stuff organized for my upcoming trip.

What's everyone else up to?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #56  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have to study for a math assessment test for next week. Yuck. I hate math.

I also need to plant my tomato plants. They have way out grown their pots. And my mint plant is HUGE! Must be time to make mojitos!

I have a week long vacation coming up around August 5th. Can you believe August is almost here???
Old 07-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #57  

We ended up stripping and priming our metal gate and fencing this weekend. My muscles were aching!

We also went out for a nice dinner with friends on Friday night.

I'm going on vacation as of Saturday so my brain is already 1/2 in vacation mode and counting down the days!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #58  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Had a great - albeit exausting - weekend.

Thursday night did my usually 2 hr 3 mile walk, then Friday did an all day trek that covered 5 miles of national wilderness. We rested alot plus it is 1.5 hrs to get there from here.

Saturday my neices came down on the bus and then we did my monthly shopping and errands in Roseburg then Sat night we went to Myrtle Creek for a fireworks show. Sunday we went to visit the baby horse and then walked the creek about 1/8 of a mile and then back via the pasture. They will be here till next Sat.

I walk tonight and Thursday. Wed we are going to the lake, tomorrow we will likely ride the horses. Friday is open still and of Course Sat they go back. They are staying in my cabin, one is 16 the other a very mature 12 (more mature than the 16 year old.) They are having a blast. I set them up with there own food supply and only make them dinner so they can eat with me. Except tonight.

I doubt if I have gotten over 6 hrs of sleep each night since last Monday. But I feel ok. So that is good!
Closed Thread