Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #46  
On the Leash of My Senses

i loved enders game so much that when i hated the next one as much as i did, i swore him off forever. i'm reading the craziest book right now, music for torching by a.m. homes. it is nuts. about this crazy suburban couple raising kids who do things like light there house on fire because they're bored and unhappy. its so powerful and moves so quickly i never get a chance to judge what's happening, i just keep running along with the prose. i picked it up from the library today & after 2 1/2 hours of transit to my journalism class (don't ask, it's rediculous), i'm 3/4 of the way through. good thing too, i'll be up til it's done.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:02 AM   #47  

I don't know if anyone here is interested in feminism , so I'll just assume that someone is. Anyways , I'm reading this amazing book called quite simply "****" By Inga Muscio , it's got some pretty extremist stuff in a few of the chapters , but it really is an amazing read. She talks alot about women 's relationships with their bodies and our relationships with other women, and really just life in general. Whether you're into feminism or not , it's worth checking it out.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

CRAP, Mauvais!! I just went to that bookstore near us, and they're moving to the frickin' GLEBE!!!! CURSES!!! I really like the owner.
What a great place!! I bought a bunch of stuff. The prices are good, too.
The owner said he's found a cheaper place in the Glebe (believe it or not), and he's not getting a lot of traffic where he is now. I'm so disappointed.
How about we open our own bookstore?

Eryn, I'm totally into feminism. I think most of us here are. I'll check out the book... thanks for the review!

Some of the books I bought yesterday were a Doris Lessing: "The Story of a Non-marrying Man", an Iris Murdoch: "The Black Prince", and a biography of Anna Freud.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #49  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, I know ellis, sad isn't it? We'll just have to pop up to his new place and go on a buying spree
Old 05-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #50  
Pending Email Confirmation

I was home sick last tuesday. I think I broke a personal record. 5 books in a day, haha. Four of them are really quick reads. Missing series, Meg Cabot writing as Jenny Carrol. Her books generally are quick reads. Once I got through those, I was looking for something a little more substantial, and decided to read Inkheart. I know these are kid/teen books.. but hey I'm 15, I'm allowed to read books written for me!!
When I've finished Inkheart, I'm going to finally read Jane Eyre, and then All families are Psychotic... I won't plan any further,in case I change my mind.

Happy reading!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #51  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, do you want to close this now that you've started a beach book thread?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #52  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah
Closed Thread