Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Challenge chat Week 12

Hello everyone!

I am starting the thread a little early as I am off to California this week so I won't be able to post.

I had my house warming party last night and it was a great success!

I did okay foodwise at the party since I put out a couple of veggie platter with lower cal dips, a fruit plate with non fat vanilla yogurt for dipping and focused on snacking on those. I ate a couple of small sausage rolls but was so busy talking to people and playing hostess that I forgot to eat any of the cheese and crackers and other hor's doevres I had 1 beer and 1 glass of red wine for the night so I think I did pretty good calorie wise. The scale stayed the same as it was two days ago - yay!

Now I just have to make sure I eat properly on my trip and then survive the round of holiday parties
Old 11-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, have a wonderful time!!
Your party was marvelous, darling, and your mom's sausage rolls are excellent!! I only had two, plus some veggies and dip, and a couple of glasses of wine. Managed to lose a pound.

Where is everyone? Still recovering from turkey overload?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #3  

Yes we were both good at the party Glad you had a good time

Everyone must still be in turkey coma recovery
Old 11-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Turkey - no not turkey - I have been playing ostrich- keep your head in the sand and you can't see what is happening around you.

I had a pretty crappy week food wise. Wednesday and Thursday I pretty much ate what I wanted and by Thursday when I got off of work I was feeling like a stuffed bird. I realized about an hour before it was time to leave that it was most likely TOM as well as Thanksgiving so hummm that made for the crappy mood and the fact I felt like eating the tile off the floor. I am up 3 pounds but I am not going to count weight until I am off my period- I have started retaining major fluid over the past 6 months during TOM and well I don't want to get depressed about the gain if it is fluid. DH has decided to diet again so we are both going to be doing SoBeD - He really doesn't need to lose weight but it is nice to feel supported, so I will be continuing Phase 1 for at least another week, or should I say restarting phase 1 since I basically ate whatever I wanted for the past 5 days. Yeah restarting.

Mauvais - Glad you house warming went well. Sounds like it was very nice.

Ellis - Congrats on the loss.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #5  

I had thanksgiving and it was not that bad. I did not eat a ton of junk and I did not feel too restrained to have a nice time.

Now my sister has a house full of candy. It will be this way till after Christmas. I guess I will have to avoid her house a bit till I can get this sugar craving under controll. She is naturally rather thin plus she is currently brest feeding, so she eats a ton. If I ask she will probably hide the candy for me when I come over to her house

I think I need to start being more active and agressive with this diet thing. It is not that it is going poorly or anything, and I am very happy with the pace of my weight loss, I just feel like I have been coasting for the past few weeks. Time to refocus I guess, otherwise I will let it slide till after the new year.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #6  

Amy, that's great that you're both going to be doing SB! It's a really great diet!
Don't fret about your gain, hon... it'll come off in no time

SeeCat, what is WITH these thin sisters!?!? It's just not right.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  

Down from 164 TOM weight to 158.5 that is one pound down from prior to TOM and thanksgiving Yippee....
Old 12-06-2004, 11:59 AM   #8  

158 it is only half a pound but I am finally getting there
Old 12-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #9  
a brave new me...

Arrow Hey chicas...

Unfortunately I haven't been part of this challenge from the start, but I am so determined to be be at 170 or less by the first of the year. So there are only a few weeks left, but let me tell you I am so incredibly sick of feeling sick and tired that I absolutely have to do this. I just have to make these changes because I don't want to feel this way anymore. Has anyone else ever gotten to the point where they are just sick of themselves? That is how I was feeling... just sick of making such rotten choices and not being able to care for myself properly. I mean its such a basic thing... to be able to take care of my body properly by giving it proper nutrition, sleep, and exercise to keep it healthy.

Things have been going well, and I have dropped 7 1/2 pounds in just under three weeks. Its a great feeling to be back on track and feel motivated to be making positive and healthy choices for once.

Last edited by Sojourner; 12-06-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:31 AM   #10  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hey Sojourner -

I hear ya on the total frustration. Usually when I'm fed up with my own boneheaded refusal to take care of myself, I deliberately take myself to a movie or something. Something that I know is unusual and special, even if it's just going for a walk in the woods or baking bread from scratch. After that I can't really justify ignoring my own well being as much.

7.5 pounds in 3 weeks, yow! Are you doing the South Beach, or just something of your own? I'm reading about South Beach (had been doing "the insulin resistance Diet" but not really getting it - some progress, but not much.) I'm interested in the SBD because it seems that folks report a faster weight loss and I'm supposed to be careful with carbs anyway because I have PCOS. Anyone else had success on SBD?

Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 12-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #11  

Solarmama, South Beach is great for a quick loss. Well, it's great for the long run, too, if you can stick with it. I lost 16 or 20 pounds on it last summer. Unfortunately, stuff "happened", and I got off track, but a lot of people have had really good success with it.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #12  

Hello everyone!

and welcome solar mama!

We are now into week 13 of the challenge so I am going to close this thread to start the new one.
Closed Thread