Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Lesbia - sorry to hear about your dad. Sending good thoughts your way.

Sorry you didn't have such a good weekend Navi!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lesbia- sending good thoughts and healing vibes to you and your dad

Navi-hope you are feeling better and thanks for the glitter and faerie kisses - right back at!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

Lesbia, hugs and prayers for you and your Dad. My Dad had the same operation about six weeks ago.
Hope he heals soon.

Squeak, my DS is going to be a Witch/cow. Don't ask. I have no idea.
DD is too old to go. I'm going to make her hand out candy this year. It's the most HORRIBLE job! I love seeing the kids, but I just sit down when, "Ding dong!" goes the damned door again.

love to all...
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #49  
Imagine...

Lesbia~ hope your Dad is well.

Navi~ Stay well :

I'm with you Ellis we live in a raised ranch house so it's up & down the stairs all night. Thankfully it's my MIL birthday so we only pass out candy for a little while before we leave to go to her birthday party. I just love to see all the little ones all dressed up
Old 10-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 224.5/220.5/180

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone's folks are healing up fine, and will be feeling back to normal soon! I'll be thinkin' of ya...

For the first few years in our house, we went all out for Halloween, and I made up bags of goodies and little toys to give away. We never got more than 15 kids , usually less. bummer... I decided last year I just wasn't even gonna keep trying. We live at the end of a dead end street, and most kids go to the other side of town, anyway. (Of course, the town is only about 1,200 people all told, you'd think they'd hit *everywhere* -- I would have when I was little. <g>) At any rate, starting last year, the 3 of us just went into town (Cedar Rapids, the big town near us) for supper, and I left a small bucket of treats on the front steps so any stray kids who did come by could help themselves.

I miss the days when my son was young enough to go out. I used to enjoy making his costumes. The best ones were a ghost, a goblin, and a robot. Lots of fun, lots of makeup. <g> He once wanted to be a Dalek, but I wasn't sure I could swing it, so he just wore his robot costume and carried a small toilet plunger in front of him, kept saying "Kill the Doctor." LOL

He's always been a funny kid, even when he was small. The first thing he ever told me he wanted to be when he grew up was a bag boy at the base grocery store -- I think he liked seeing them ride on the shopping carts. He was 2. A couple years after that he wanted to be Gallagher when he grew up. LOL And when he dressed up like a knight when he was little, his preferred way to play was to quote from Monty Python. (He was about 3 1/2 when I told him one time to clean his room, and he started yelling "Help! Help! I'm bein' repressed. Now we see the violence inherent in the system!"

Guess you can see why dressing up for Halloween was one of his favorites... <g>

Lene'
Old 10-07-2003, 12:48 PM   #51  

Lene' your son was hilarious - Monty Python!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:22 PM   #52  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

lennylou - Okay, that was freaking histerical. I don't even want kids but THAT made me want one.

Lesbia - Keep us posted on your dad. My thoughts are with you.

I had an alright weekend. The Cute Boyfriend's Super Annoying Parental Units were in town. They're alright in small doses. Luckily, this was a small dose.

I went to the midnight showing of Evil Dead II - Dead By Dawn. I love campy B movies. Bruce Campbell is so darn cute.

Yesterday my car broke down. The starter... again! I was bummed because I got the day off of work and I was going to take the day and go up into the mountains to see a little bit of fall. San Diego's palm trees don't change color much. I get a bit homesick this time of year because I LOVE fall.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:00 PM   #53  
I want candy

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I know that it's kind of superstitous, but I do think that "good vibes" make a difference. My father came out of the surgery well. He is "stable," but will be in intensive care for a long while. He's already had a quadruply bypass and two angeoplasties. So this double bypass (do to two blocked arteries that were causing shortness of breath and chest pains) was quite scary. But he's made it through! That's all I can hope for. The man will never be "well" again.

And if THIS doesn't make me want to get myself together and start eating right nothing will. I have diabetes on my father's side and heart disease on both of my parents' side. I really, really need to eat right and put the Russell Stovers away!

Thank you all again. Reading all of your well wishes put a lump in my throat.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:24 PM   #54  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lene'-Your son is GREAT!!!

Lesbia-Hope your father recovers quickly. It is SCARY seeing your parents go through something like that. I have similar health issues facing me if I don't shape up.....
Old 10-08-2003, 07:41 AM   #55  
Imagine...

Den sweetie, get your butt in gear dear
Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #56  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry I've been out of the loop, Lesbia. I wish your Dad a speedy recovery.

Den and Ellis, let's get with it! And what the heck are Stovers? Like Laura's? OMG - I just got a strong urge to visit the Hershey Plant. NO!

Happy Hump Day, A-Chicks!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:56 AM   #57  

Russell Stover's are way better than Laura's Ruthxx! You can mail your excess chocolates to me Lesbia! And Ruth - put all thoughts of the Hershey factory out of your head woman!

BTW Lesbia- I don't think the goodvibes thing is superstitious at all- the more people you have sending good thoughts and healing prayers/vibes your way the better. Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:04 AM   #58  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I have just put a curse on your car. If you get within 2 km of Hershey's, the engine will drop out of your car, and you'll be forced to drive home Fred Flintstone style.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #59  
Fighter

Lesbia, I hope your dad is recovering quickly, I'm glad to hear the operation went well. I know it must have been a little stressful for you, sending love and light your way. :-D
Old 10-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #60  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth and Ellis-How are you 2 doing with it? I binged on rice crackers last night and had a HORRIBLE stomach ache.

Sflake-You are right, but I sure am having a hard time DOING it!! I called Curves today to ask about prices. I'm thinking of trying thrm out. Do you like them?

Ruth-Hershey's SUCKS, go for the Cadbury!!!

Mauvais, harmony, and all the other alternachicks yet to post....HI!!!
Closed Thread