Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 09:15 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

She once stole a chinese beef bun from a shop in China town in Montreal and escaped through the subway tunnels and is now on the lam...kind of like a modernized version of Les Misèrables
Old 09-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #17  
In Control: E+R=O

Aaahhhhhh....that explains a lot!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And then she wrote Les Mis and hasn't looked back since!

Well, I am happy and grateful that I finally got my salsa made and my kitchen is fruit fly free. (Try saying that fast!) I am lucky to have such a bountiful garden that I ignore a lot.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #19  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking TRYING TO THINK OF ROCKSTARS THAT LIVE IN CANADA???

I can only think of MICHEAL J FOX at this time,,,but Maybe she is a famous writer????????????? Love u ELLIS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOFISHIN
Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

I guess it's the latter, Mauvais. We could walk there on Saturday if you like. Which would be good, because then we can go to "Times Giftshop" nearby. (Chinese/Vietnamese) Now that I know Ruth can walk 10 000 steps in one day...
No, not the place where we went for buns. Was that the Gloucester Bakery? Oh... yum!!

Twodog, we're grateful to HAVE you here! You're a ray of sunshine (sorry for the tacky analogy. snort. I'm a little tired).
The name? Hey, do you have ANY idea how small-town Ottawa is? I could be STALKED! Or some fat person online might recognize me!

Ruth, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with fruit flies. Damned things. They're impossible to swat.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:04 AM   #21  
In Control: E+R=O

Awwww ellis, no one has ever called me a ray of sunshine before!! Thanks!! I love all you guys too!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:32 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is too darn much so early in the morning.

I am grateful that I can just logoff!

Bad start to the day when Lucy lept into my lap while I was drinking coffee. The slipcover for my sofa is now in the wash. I am grateful that I have electricity and water and a washing machine!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #23  
Imagine...

Ruth~ LOL, be grateful you have a slipcover, hope your day gets better

I am grateful today for the upcoming fall season...My favorite time of year!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:41 AM   #24  

I am happy grateful that I made it to work today without an "episode" and that I don't feel completly nauseous from my medication today

I am seeing the doc this afternoon so we'll see what she has to say.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #25  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sflake-Glad to hear the memorial was a good experience for you sweetie.

Ellis-I don't understand WHY you are so embarassed about your name hon. PRUNELLA is actually a FINE name..... Dirt is fine once it has been cooked anyway, so not to worry..... How is your Dad doing? I hope he is continuing to heal nicely.

Mauvais-And how is your Mom? Sorry to hear that the medication is making you queasy. Hope that eases SOON!!!

Ruth-I WISH I HAD YOUR ENERGY!!!! Geez, I'm going to need a nap after POSTING!!!

2Dog-I'm right with you.....borderline blood pressure, bad lipids, wheezing when climbing stairs (OKAY, you didn't say that, but MAN I am OUT OF SHAPE!!!)

Gofishin-NAH.....After Ellis (aka PRUNELLA) lifted the bun, ran, and wrote Les Miz she decided to raise fruit flies, and doesn't want the bakery people chasing her to take them away..... (Good protein source, but not very filling.)
Old 09-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #26  

Den, you have plenty of energy - wrote all that and made me laugh! I don't have the energy to write anything much...not used to all the walking to and from school, you know!

First day went fine, thank goodness. Both girls have teachers they like a lot, and friends in their classes from previous years.

I dare not drink coffee else I won;t go to sleep tonight, but it WOULD improve my ability to think...

Lidian
Old 09-02-2003, 06:53 PM   #27  

Yes, Gofishin'. I admit it. My name is Michael J. Fox. What a sweet guy.

That's it, Ruth... be grateful for the simple things. Like the toilet flushing. The bedside lamp working. (mine has burnt out, and it's a bizarre bulb. I will appreciate it more when it's working... I hate sharing with DH)

Mauvais, how was your doctor appointment?

Den, you're killin' me.
Dad's still doing really well, thank you. I talked to him on the phone this morning, and he said he'd just taken a couple of turns around the garden. (he mows about an acre and a half, so it was a good couple of turns) His chest is healing REALLY well, but his leg (where they took a couple of veins from) is KILLING him!
Hey, how are the boys at school this year?

Lidian, I'm so glad your girls had a good day. My DD and DS had a good one, too.

And I'm happy and grateful that the dinner I made was delicious. Everything turned out well, and it was eaten without complaints. A honkin' miracle.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:53 PM   #28  

My mum's mammogram came back all clear but we are still waiting for the results from the Doppler test - still no word yet on that
Old 09-02-2003, 11:16 PM   #29  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lidian and Ellis- Glad to hear that your kids all had a good first day at school!! Hope all the alternakiddies have a WONDERFUL year this year!!!!!

Ellis-Glad to hear that your dad is doing so well sweetie. MOWING THE LAWN ALREADY?!? WOW!!

Mauvais-Good to hear the news on the mammogram. Hope the Doppler test comes back with good results also. Sending lots of good thoughts your (and your Mom's) way.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:25 AM   #30  

Mauvais, that's wonderful news about your Mom's mammogram!! Still saying prayers for her...

Den, I didn't mean he's been mowing the lawn... I meant that's how big their lawn is. Sorry for the confusion.
Closed Thread