Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Things I am happy and grateful for:

-My wonderful husband...I was a dreamer as a child-always wanting to be Cinderella, or a character out of a movie and twirl around in some fancy get-up from another time period of world. My husband was not only cut of the same cloth...but he supports my costuming as a profession and we have found that it is something that we totally enjoy together. He always makes me laugh at his constant antics...and spoils me rotten. I can have anything I want as long as our bills are paid.

-My lovely children...my daughter is so intelligent and so wise for only being 4 years old. She has the beautiful Native American looks of my husband, but she is truly mine-with my anal pickiness, always having to have the last word, and ferocious temper. My son is my little angel, my "cuddly" one. He lets me hold him and stroke his hair and face for hours on end...his hair and skin smell so good...I am truly blessed to have them.

-The fact that I look amazingly like my paternal grandmother,and each year it becomes more apparent. She passed away three years ago, and my father (a mommy's boy) was heartbroken. Now whenever I am around my father or grandfather, I can feel them staring at me and I think it gives them comfort to see something of her still here. (The resemblance is so much, that my daughter at 2 years old saw an old photograph of my grandmother in her 20's and said "Mommy.") We resemble each other not only in looks, but in personality and skill...my grandmother was a crafty sort of woman, and did everything from flower arrangements, ceramics, chrocheting, hand quilting...you name it. I am an artist and a costume designer, and learned many of her quilting and crocheting skills as a small child from her.

-Diet Coke, Diet Big Red Soda, and Diet Sierra Mist, and Diet Sunkist. I remember as a child my mother having to drink Tab as her only calorie free soda choice. Ick.

-Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine...I try to eat more unprocessed foods and make them myself, like fresh fruit smoothies and grilled chicken breasts...but when pms time comes around and I crave comfort homey foods like macaroni and cheese or lasagna...I can have the taste and satisfy those cravings for only around 300 calories. Silly, but hey-they are my saving grace at times like that.

-My wonderful friends here at 3FC and at the costuming and props forum at TheForce.net...you all let me be "me" and still talk to me afterwards.

-My new car...I just love it.

-Applebee's...it is our "date" place. DH can have a big steak and mozzerella sticks, and at least in our area restaurants, they have their low fat/low cal menu...He is happy, and I am happy.

-Bellydancing...This has been a true freeing experience for me this past year...I have met some wonderful women and made great new friends, and at the same time I am doing something wonderful for my body.

Aphil
Old 08-10-2003, 02:51 AM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am grateful that I can come here and feel like for once i have a friend or two and can listen to other people who go through the same things as me and get motivation from them.
I am also grateful to be able to read what others are thankful for because I have a very hard time seeing positive in anything and reading what other people see in life gives me ideas of what to look for to be happy about.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:37 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Aphil, your happy and gratefuls are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Lizzi, we love you, too. Try to come here regularly. It can become habit forming. The more you look for good, the more you will find.
love and hugs...
Old 08-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am thankful that we have this thread going. I have had a really hard day emotionally and spiritually today and I have been depressed all day, actually I have been feeling depressed for the last couple of weeks, but reading this thread and having all of you to talk to has helped me shake some of these bad feelings a bit.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:26 PM   #20  

I am happy and grateful for all of you, who are such wonderful friends...and that I can come here any time and feel part of a group (which is nice for this shy introvert!). And for my DH who knows me better than anyone and still loves me! and that we have been together for almost half a lifetime...and for my two wonderful girls & how lucky I am to be their mother. And for the intellectual work I do that keeps me from turning into a complete jello-brain at the end of some days --

What's up Mauvais? (I mean that in a non-intrusive way, if you know what I mean) I am so sorry you are feeling down (I have been too, the last few weeks or so, it comes and goes for me) - we are all here for you. I find it hard to open up about this stuff myself, but I am glad you are all here in case I do! A hug to you all!

Lidian
Old 08-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #21  
Pending Email Confirmation

i would also like to add that i am grateful that i do not have children. i am seeing a lot of people have so much trouble and i am very glad that hubby and i are waiting, and may be forgoing having any. i know i wouldn't have the heart or the stamina.
I am also grateful that I am aware of this feature in myself.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:58 AM   #22  

I am happy and grateful for my wonderful DH who is always supportive of me. On Sunday when I was having my meltdown he gave me a big hug and told me he was so proud of me for all my accomplishments I have had in the past 5 years -then he listed them all- he helped me put a new perspective on things and made me feel much better about myself He is definetely a keeper!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #23  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YAY MAUVAIS!!! I'm glad you have a supportive and wonderful husband, especially since YOU are such a supportive and wonderful person!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Mauvais - you have a wonderful DH. That is great! And Den is right about you too.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:01 AM   #25  

Thanks Den and Sqeaker! You two just made my day!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:07 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Mauvais. You need a big hug - and Dim Sum. We'll have to do that when I get back.

I am happy and grateful that I have the health and the bucks to be able to travel.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:42 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello -- I just couldn't resist posting on this thread, because I love the posts I saw here.

I am grateful for:
My husband -- who was not unhappy when I was laid off, because now I can finally take care of myself.
My daughter -- because this is the first time in her life since she was a baby that I have had time to work on being close to her
My yoga and water aerobics teachers, who are so incredibly warm and supportive
Our new hammock -- it's been beautifully cool here in Michigan this summer, and lying in this under the pine trees with the dog on a long leash next to me and the squirrels up the tree chattering at the dog. My daughter even tied a rope to the tree, and a can pull the rope to rock the hammock
My sweet tooth is grateful for Brach's cinnamon imperials, which I love, and which are only 1 calorie per piece, so I can have a small handful for my mid-afternoon snack without breaking the bank!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #28  

What are cinnamon imperials? At one calorie each, they must be good! Are they like the cinnamon hearts you see a lot (up here in Canada anyway) around Valentine's Day?

And welcome, by the way!

Lidian
Old 08-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #29  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Kristasmom!

Just got back from Montreal, and I am VERY grateful to have had such a fun/safe trip. And now I'm very grateful to be home, because I'm wiped.
Love and hugs to ALL of you... I'll catch up on the threads tomorrow...
In the meantime, Den you NEED that vacation... go!! And everything will work out for you, sweetie.
Mauvais, you DO have a wonderful DH. And you deserve it.

Hi Squeak, Lidian, Ruthie, Lizzie, Aphil...
Old 08-12-2003, 11:38 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Yup, they are little and tasty, just like the hearts that you can put on cupcakes. Just, this brand has no specific shape.
_________
Sue
Closed Thread