3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Hello from a lost little chickie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/22826-hello-lost-little-chickie.html)

MrsM95 12-17-2002 12:32 AM

Hello from a lost little chickie

Hi everyone,
Remember Me? It's been a while since i've posted so i thought i would catch you all up on what has happened.

I lost my job the middle of november (the same day DH and I were going to put a bid in on a new house, so needles to say that didn't happen). I've been hunting for a new job but jobs in my field in my area are very hard to find. So i'm trying to enjoy my time off with DD. I know this will sound bad but i'm not cut out to be a SAHM. I have a lot of admiration for those of you who are. I need to work atleast part time. As some of you already know i take anti-depressants, they stopped working and it took me forever to get into my Dr. to get my meds. changed and I am still in the process of coming off the old one. I will start taking Lexapro (or something like that) next week, i'm hoping to have good luck with it. I have been a screaming maniac for the last 2 months:stress:

Hello to all and hope to get a chance to chat with those of you that i haven't met yet.
MrsM95

ps - i'll try to post a little more regular

sabrina 12-17-2002 01:03 AM

Hi MrsM95,

Welcome to the board. I'm new, but I can definitely relate to how it feels to lose a job. It sucks, especially if you love what you do.
But at least you can come here and hang with us, it's a fun group as I'm sure you remember! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sabrina

ellis 12-17-2002 07:34 AM

MrsM, welcome back!!
I'm so sorry you've been having such a difficult time.
Hang in there, hon. It's all fate. The new drugs will kick in and will be good (at least for a while ;) ), an interesting job will come your way, and the house... well... the house wasn't meant to be. Another one is waiting for you in the future.

As for being a SAHM... I don't think ANY of us are cut out for it. :lol: But we do what we have to do, and if you need to get a part time job to stay sane, that's perfectly understandable.

hugs and prayers, sweetie. Like Sabrina said, come and chat with us... more often!

Lidian 12-18-2002 11:53 AM

Hi MrsM, and welcome!

I can relate to what you said too. I am a SAHM but I also work at home (writing/research) - and I would go mad if I didn't (sometimes I do anyway). I love my girls so much but I am not a natural "mommy" sort of person - it was very hard when they were littler, now they are 6 and 9 and in school all day and growing up it is much better. But there are still plenty of moments when I wish I was in a little mountain cabin somewhere (or a luxury spa)...

Please come and chat with us - this is such a great group! And we do understand!

Lidian

mauvaisroux 12-18-2002 12:43 PM

Hi MrsM! :wave:

Glad you are back and I hope you are doing better, you have certainly been through a lot lately :grouphug: