Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 11:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey peoples... thanks for the welcome.

For those of you who don't know me, I am Amy and I have eating problem..... oops wrong meeting. No seriously....

I am 32 y.o. married, mother of 2... who just finished her second to last set of Final exams (do a little dance) I Graduate in May with my BSN... I start my practicum in the Emergency Room of our local Trauma Center this month ....

I haven't been here since the Separate section for "alternachicks" started. Things in my life have been complete chaos since the first of September and they just seem to be settling down. I have gained an 11 y.o. step-daughter and an ex-wife with an extra 7 y.o. son in tow... well not literally "gained" but these individuals who were not part of our daily life are now. I am still working at our local Women's and Children's hospital..love it there I have job lined up in there ER after I graduate. We are doing rentivation on our house to get it ready to sell when I get through with school. Where does it stop?

I have gained 20 pounds..... I am really not happy about it, none of my clothes fit... I feel like a slug....Oh yeah I also found out I have congenital Hip defect and a problem with one of the valves in my heart which doesn't help the fact I am already ALWAYS to tired to exercise and the medication I am onto slow my heart down makes me have even further exercise intolerance... SO..... BAHHHHH

Then last night I sprayed my cats for fleas ... immediately one got into my new bed and pee'd in the middle of it and then started drooling all over the house.. then the other one got sick today... I a seriously stressed because they don't ever get "sick" and now both of them are and I induced it by not wanting to tolerate their fleas ... I am a bad mom.....

Well that is what was up with me... looks like Flower has relocated? and WF if I am not mistaken you were moving right before I stopped posting.... well again I thank you for the welcome... Hugs to you all

Amy
166/166/135
Old 12-11-2002, 10:37 AM   #32  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Just need to scream, before I start to yell at people here. I hate work.

Be back later.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:43 AM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

my gawd... my ears....

You okay lil' Squeak?
Old 12-11-2002, 10:51 AM   #34  

Squeak, please come back and vent to us! We are here for you -

Lidian
Old 12-11-2002, 11:33 AM   #35  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY SQUEAK!! Come scream all you want sweetie!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:51 AM   #36  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello Daaahlings...

Practicing my British accent for my tea later this morning. Mom and I were invited to a "real" English tea party today and we're actually going to close the office for a couple hours and go. So, I'm all dressed up, have my pinky finger limbered up and ready to go!

Welcome back Amy!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the health stuff though... ick! But good that you're taking care of yourself! Good ta' see ya again!

Mauvais - I watched that! Called "Cleavage" - very interesting....

I have a pretty strong stomach for surgery stuff I guess. One of my good friends in CA had reconstructive breast surgery last week (after a mastectomy) and they had to bring her 1/2 way out due to some problems she was having with the anesthesia. She said she looked over and saw her nipples on a tray - she's twisted like me and we were both cracking up over this.... Ditto with my friend who had the C-section. I asked her if she realized they put her uterus on her tummy to sew it up - I thought she was going to punch me!
Oooh, sorry, is this line of discussion bothering you???

Ok, shutting up and going back to work!

Terri
Old 12-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #37  

Terri, I can't get that image out of my head now...seeing one's own nipples on a tray! That must be a very...cosmic experience...I hope it was a nice tray!

I used to be able to do that pencil test. Now I can hold a whole pack of Bics there! But that is another story.

Hope your tea party is a smashing success - please tell us what it was like! I hope there were meringues and lots of lovely little cakes and cucumber sandwiches. I'll bet you sound divinely British too!

Cheerio darling!

Lidian
Old 12-11-2002, 04:15 PM   #38  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY TERRI!!! I've never seen my nipples (or anyone ELSE'S for that matter!) on a tray before, but i know about the uterus thing. My OB/GYN asked DH if he wanted to see it during one of the c-sections!! I think he was less than thrilled, but I think it is cool!!!! He has now seen part of MY body that I haven't seen, and I have seen part of HIS body that HE hasn't seen!! (They let me go in the "room" during one of his cat scans, so I got to see the inside of his head! Or at least an image of it!! Didn't see any of his demons though!!!)
Old 12-11-2002, 04:45 PM   #39  

Height: 5'-2"

heh heh. The inside of his head. heh heh.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:13 PM   #40  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Oh my. This whole nipple on a tray discussion is very odd. I do not want to see any body part not attached to me, nor do I ever want to see a body part that is not normally visable.

Welcome Amy!

Sorry for the yell earlier, but people are driving me insane at work and soon I will need places to hide bodies. The only good thing was my boss's boss told me I am allowed to ignore one set of people driving me nuts. I am not allowed to do anything for them unless I ask him first.
Now if I can get a few people to do what they are suppose to do, and not ask me. I am not the person who used to to year end, and the person who did would do everything for them. I won't. I am not trained to. Her background was accounting, mine is not and they are having a very hard time understanding that concept.
And if I can get my boss, who is a very nice man, but is getting on my last nerve to leave me alone, I will be all set. He seems to think I have free time, which is a large joke. I don't get paid overtime, even though I am hourly, but still have to do it. Plus he doesn't seem to listen to a word that comes out of my mouth. Everyone in our dept. is about ready to smack him. grrrrrr.

Oh well. I at least started my shopping tonight. Got a lot more to do, including finish painting 16 ceramic pieces, a cross stich project, bake, and clean my house.

I can not deal with this right now. All I want to do is sleep.

Ok all done *****ing.

Last edited by squeaker; 12-11-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:17 PM   #41  
Is it Friday yet?

Ellis... youz gotta durdy miiiiiiind!!!

Lidian and all...

Tea was lovely. With all the Alan Rickman movies I've been watching (a fellow luster loaned 'em to me) I could do a damned good RP Londoner right now. Although ever since I was little I've been able to pick up accents and repeat them back - bad thing when you stay in Texas for 3 weeks then come back home...

We had cucumber sandwiches (w/ no crust of course) and deviled ham, fruit compote with clotted cream. Tea, with cream and sugar, a very good tomato and chickpea salad. Then ended with an ice and biscuit (ice cream and shortbread).

Yum!

Terri
Old 12-11-2002, 06:57 PM   #42  

Punkin that sounds wonderfullllllll...... wish I could of joined you.

Squeaker are you sure you don't work for the company I use to work at? Empathizing with you completely!!!! I walked out in the middle of the night leaving my resignation and my keys on my "wonderful" bosses desk.....

DD has a fine case of strep throat, couldn't get her in to see her Pediatrician so I took her and let the attending at the ER look at her... looks like I will have her home with me at least another day or until she is fever free for 24 hours....

So much for resting

Amy
Old 12-11-2002, 08:07 PM   #43  

Terri, it sounds great! Glad you had a good time.

I am with you on the subject of Alan Rickman too. What a gorgeous wonderful guy - I first saw him in Sense and Sensibility (a great movie) & could not understand why the Kate Winslet character didn't marry him immediately. He is far superior to Greg Wise in my opinion. I also like him as Severus Snape though it looks like they have him wearing eyeliner.

Poor Squeaker, that sounds awful - where did they find all those charming delightful people anyway? My old boss always thought I had scads of free time too. What free minutes I did have (& there weren't many) were usually spent fixing the horrid leaky photocopier! Hope that things settle down somehow. Will you get much of a vacation over the holidays? I hope so, you sure deserve a nice long one!

Amy, I hope you didn't have to wait too long at the hospital - at our local one you can sit for 3 or 4 hours before they look at you. I just sent my 4th grader back after she was sick for a couple of days - I think a lot of stuff is floating around. It goes through the schools like wildfire.

Den, the only thing I want to see on a tray is tea and cookies (& plenty of them)!

Lidian
Old 12-11-2002, 08:48 PM   #44  

I actually work in the ER where I took her so, I didn't have to wait ..... Just went in and let the ER doc look at her throat and got a prescription for antibiotics, perks of the job- didn't cost anything either.....
Old 12-11-2002, 09:00 PM   #45  

Squeak - hang in there! I am going nuts at work too! I've been in the job for over 13 yrs. Last Friday was the first time in my career that I've ever shouted at a boss -yikes! At this point, I wish they would just lay me off, I could use the rest!

Ok, ahem - back to business: I like Buffalo - especially wings and beef on weck and that honeycomb candy - what do they call it? and yes the Bills toooo

nipples on a tray? I would faint!

I do hope to get a breast lift (as I've said again and again! sorry)
when I am at my goal weight, but when I hear stuff like this it makes me queasy!

Love, Terri
Closed Thread