Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 06:50 AM   #31  
the kid's counting on me!

Hi Chris! I posted a message to you in "help, Hubby is trying to kill me". Just wanted to say welcome back and yes, we all were worried about you. And, it seems, with good reason. You sure are a survivor! With all that you've been through you haven't lost your sense of humor! Wow!

well girls, I'll talk to you all later...
Love, Soozie
Old 12-01-2002, 07:41 AM   #32  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

I posted all the chaotic details on the Nov 17 thread...

It has been crazy, but I am back. I need to get back on track & do some things for me. I knew you guys would be more than happy to kick my rear back up when it fell off the diet wagon!

I am going to look for the thread to post my wieght to embarass me back to the diet.

Thanks for all the good wishes girls!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:10 PM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

By the way, WHERE IS SQUEAKER!? Squeak? Are you okay, hon? We miss you! And MrsM? and Lois? And Sojo? and Terri 1?

Chris, kick in the butt for YOU, hon!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:45 PM   #34  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

CHRIs your back!! I was just asking everyone last week, where the heck you were at. You must have read my mind. We were all so worried about you. Welcome back Chick! Look forward to hearing from you more, and guess what I finally did it. I quite smoking 4 weeks ago today!!!
Big hug
Virginia
Old 12-01-2002, 02:51 PM   #35  

Yes, Chris ! I also put a msg for you on the other thread...... glad to see you!

Yes, Ellis - you're right - some folks are MIA right now !

I wanted to comment on Soozie's DD -

that is so great that she likes all kinds of different food! I know what you mean - when I was little - all I wanted was McDonalds.
I think it's much better when a person starts early in life to develop an adventurous palate - when they grow up - they can go anywhere!

I take my DD to the Korean market and she specifically asks for things I can't even imagine trying - dried guppie snacks! I kid you not! ginseng soda, dried shrimp noodles, etc. the squirmier and more odd looking -the more she likes it

Terri
Old 12-01-2002, 05:28 PM   #36  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hey Ellis I am here. Just got back. I was in Ohio for 2 days. A lot has happened in the last few weeks, and I am a little down. I will post more later after I unpack and unwind.

AND WELCOME BACK CHRIS!!!!!

And Hi to everyone else!!!

OK - the very short version is this time of year is the worst for me mood wise anyway, plus work is hectic, and the boy and I are no longer anything other then friends.

Last edited by squeaker; 12-01-2002 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:28 PM   #37  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME BACK CHRIS AND SQUEEK!!!!!! Sorry things have been so difficult for both of you, and I hope they improve.

Barefoot-My 12 year old is like that...Marinated baby squid at the Greek restaurant. Octopus, Vietnamese fish stew. The stranger it is, the more he wants to try it. Unfortunately he ALSO like to order the most expensive thing on the menu, so we are constantly giving him price limits when we go out!!!

Ellis-KICK MY BUTT TOO!!!! (tee hee)
Old 12-01-2002, 11:00 PM   #38  

Oh Squeak, sweetie... I'm really sorry about you and the boy. I wish I could make you feel better. Sending hugs and prayers and love your way, little sis.

Den, sending a kick your way.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:02 AM   #39  
the kid's counting on me!

Squeaky,

Sorry to hear your news...sending you a lot of hugs.
I love your new avatar.
Hang in there chicky!
Love, Soozie
Old 12-02-2002, 08:58 AM   #40  

den - maybe kids are more sophisticated these days? I guess they don't make 'em like they used to.......cartoons on TV 24x7, computers and the net, cable programs, exotic foods........hmmm?

Squeak - thinking of you and sending a hug

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 09:05 AM   #41  

Terrigrrrl... you didn't know that Den and her DH are utter snobs? THAT'S why their kids are like that!
Old 12-02-2002, 11:46 AM   #42  
Cute & Fluffy

Thanks for all of the happy thoughts Den, Ellis, Soozie & Terri.
Things are a little stressful, and we are just trying to figure stuff out. It is just strange right now. I spent the weekend there and we still currled up together to watch TV & to sleep. Still chased each other around to wrestle & tickle. Flirted but not much else. And I am not sure I can even do that any more. It hurt like ****, but very easy to slip back into that mode. Talked a little but I didn't get very far on what I had planned on talking about. All he did was look at my face, knew I was sad and he started crying. I didn't have the heart to tell him how I felt and make him feel worse. I chickened out and sent an email last night after I got home. Haven't heard back yet.

Ellis - wanna kick my butt too? I haven't even thought about dieting in the last few weeks.

Last edited by squeaker; 12-02-2002 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 PM   #43  

Come on, Squeaker... it's okay to be sad for awhile, but you need to look after yourself, too. Get your butt in gear, girl. You hate exercising, don't you... I think it's time for a whole new Squeak. One who exercises. It'll make you feel soooo good. Get a plan together, okay? And come and report back to me.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #44  
Cute & Fluffy

I can not believe what your kids eat Den & Terri! They are very adventurous eaters. Very cool.

Soozie - I forgot to tell you, I love the name of the new thread. And I am also loving your story over in the How you met your partner thread. Such drama.

Thanks for the kick in the butt Ellis , but that whole exercise thing, no way. I don't understand you girls who feel GOOD after. I just feel sweaty and gross. And sometimes sore. And that does not feel good. As for feeling sad - I would feel sad if this whole thing wasn't going on. And besides it was just a fling, flings aren't suppose to hurt when they are done, this isn't suppose to hurt.

Right now my plan is to go to work every day - which is becoming increasingly difficult, not sit in the shower more then once a day, and when I do, not stay in there until I run out of hot water (one of my favorite depression activities is to sit in my tub with the shower going and cry), not to stress over my birthday - or more like do not over analyze where I am and what I have or more likely have not accomplished, and to not cut myself off from everyone like I normally do. oh and to finish the ice cream cake that is in my freezer
Old 12-02-2002, 10:29 PM   #45  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Squeak-I don't think it WAS just a fling, which is WHY it hurts so much. You seem to be in a LOT of pain right now. I know it isn't all because of what is happening with the boy, but it almost doesn't matter what is causing it. You need to take care of yourself sweetie!! I think you need a big hug and to treat yourself well. Just wish I could give you a REAL one!!! How about taking a nice hot BUBBLE BATH? Do a few things for yourself that will help relax you or just help you feel more like the wonderful alternachick that you are!! We all love you sweetie.

Barefoot-YUP!! You just described the 12 year old!! (minus cable.) My 15 year old just wants to sit in his room, play guitar and listen to CDs however!!)

Ellis-I'd agree with you, except that we can't afford the lifestyle!!!
Microbrew tastes, water budget!!

HI SOOZIE!!
Closed Thread