Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 09:11 PM   #16  
Hot Stuff

Geez, ellis...you've done a week's worth of stuff and it's only Monday. Take the rest of the week off!

Ruth, blueberry pie (especially canned) just doesn't compare to pecan pie. Even bad pecan pie. Hey, can I borrow Gail? I just don't seem to be getting ahead of the cleaning here.

Mauvais, that sounds like a wonderful afternoon! And you probably burned off calories meandering from one vendor to the next! Thanks for agreeing with me, btw....now I'm convinced.

Flower, TOPS can be good, if you find a good group. Definitely worth going to see, and I believe it's free, isn't it?

Squeaker, thanks for the link. I was reading it, agreeing wholeheartedly....I know exactly what to do, it's the doing that's tough! Good luck on the massage!

I'm trying really, really hard to fight this cold off. I've guzzled so much liquid my back teeth have been floating all day, and I popped so much echinacea it was like I was on speed at bowling tonight. I bowled a 251 ! A 251! Then the second game I bowled a 246! And the third I bowled a 214! There was talk of a drug test....from the men I bowl with. They didn't like having the crap beat out of them by a woman! Don't mind me....I'm delirious and going to bed now.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening Fab Femmes

Ellis-where the heck did you get all that energy-I want some too!
Sheesh! Christmas crafts even! the food and wine show was at the Congress Center. It ran from Nov1 to 3rd. They have one every year around the same time. There is also a vintage clothing sale around the end of November at the Chateau Laurier which I am hoping to get to as well.

Ruthxxx-ewww! Canned blueberry pie I can take canned cherry but there is something not right with canned blueberry pie filling! Go buy some boots girl! The last thing you need is to fall and break a wrist

Wildfire- on the bowling story! Hope you are feeling better tonight.

Squeaker- hmmm that sounds like a present for you too...
Old 11-04-2002, 10:42 PM   #18  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!!! Sounds like you are all full of energy and having fun!!! I am having a rough time right now. Every time I think things are slowing down I get hit with something else. BLECH!!!

Squeak-Thanks for the article! I especially like the line about giving up cauliflower and eating skittles!!!! "But I followed the instructions...Why aren't i losing weight?"
Old 11-05-2002, 07:00 AM   #19  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Yes I am a evil, evil chickie. What better then to give him a present I will enjoy also.

And I am with ya on the Skittles thing Den. I really liked the article when I read it, and thought you girls would appreciate it also.

Last edited by squeaker; 11-05-2002 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:03 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, you're back! We've missed you, hon. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. What can we do for you?

Mauvais, I've been to the vintage clothing sale. It's a hoot. Pricey, though. I must remember to hit the food and wine show next year. Den, want to come down and join us?

Wildfire, I did as much yesterday as I've done in about the last 8 months, so it's really about time I got some stuff done around the house. It was starting to look like a dumpster in here. I MAY even have energy today to do some more.
How's your cold, hon? You're doing all the right things. Except I notice you're not taking my prescribed cider vinegar.
And congrats on the bowling scores! Good grief! You're amazing, woman!!

Hi everyone else. I'm going to get my contacts in and look for something attractive to wear. (HA!) I'm feeling very crappy today, and if I look in the mirror and see an Ellis with glasses on, 3 chins and an ugly fat outfit, I'm going to be VERY depressed.

(Ellis cleaning)
Old 11-05-2002, 09:02 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG, Ellis! Are you nuts? Never mind answering that. I get those days sometimes and Harry just steps back from the whirlwind and lets me go to it.

I have absolutely nothing I HAVE to do today. What a great feeling. Maybe I'll spend the day reading and cuddling the dogs.
Gail did the whole house yesterday and things look great. She is taking some holidays this month and won't be here for a while. I hope I can remember how to run the vacuum cleaner.

Look at the bowling scores! They kind of look like my golf scores! Echinacea must do it, Wildfire. I also take mega-doses of C when I am "with cold" - you pee away the extra and I do think it helps.

Squeak, I'm flying to Van on the 16th. I'll visit a friend on SUnday, fly to Nanaimo Monday morning and visit my daughter and her family until Wednesday. The home I go. I really would like to be away longer but can't really leave Harry for more than a few days. He reverts to caveman without my influence.

Dentrassi, I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Sometimes it feels like we just keep hitting The Wall! You know you can come in here and vent.

Gee, Flower. I've been thinking of joining TOPS as I am really sick of the rigidity of the WW cult. However, the meetings are a half hour drive (country roads) and night and winter are not a good combo. Let us know how your into meeting goes.

Mauvais, I've been to that vintage clothing show. Wonderful stuff! Save your pennies and be sure to buy something elegant. As I've met you, I know you have the style to wear that stuff.

Whoops! Nearly nine - I need to look like I plan to do something so had better get out of the robe and slippers and try to look competent.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #22  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I need some good vibes. I took the more scary road and made an offer on a different house yesterday. It is structually sound, but needs some TLC. But it could be something I could be very proud of. I offered 5 thousand less than the asking price. They can counter...or I could have insulted them. But the house has been on the market for over a year and one sale fell thru already. They don't live here, they have til tomorrow at 5 to respond. I am a ball of nerves. I feel good about this house. So, think good thoughts for me k? I feel slightly guilty turning down my step moms house she had origionally bought for an ivestment thinking I would like it. I do like it but I don't want to landscape a whole acre. I want less stress not more. Besides... I don't love her house and for the same price, I can get something else with personality. So, I was brave and said I was sorry but I changed my mind. Good news, my house should be completely sold with a check in my hand by the end of next week! Yipee!!!! I will have to cohabitate thru Xmas, but I can handle that right? ~flower
Old 11-07-2002, 03:41 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Just a flyby post to wish you good house buying vibes flower :
Old 11-08-2002, 01:28 AM   #24  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Call me a lucky idiot...

Get this... I just found this huge error in my checkbook. So since I haven't balanced my check book in like three plus months, I figure I better plod through the disaster that is my check register. Unbelievably, I discovered that I forgot to record a $1,500 deposit!! And its not like I make a ton of money that its easy to miss that sort of cash. I happened to have three $1,500 payments come through (I am a self-employed consultant) within a few weeks and I actually forgot to record one in my check register. Here we have been short on money for the last few months and there was actually an extra $1,500 sitting there the WHOLE TIME!! I can hardly believe it. For about three hours I was convinced that the bank made a mistake. But after cross-checking my billings with my bank statement and balancing the check book, sure enough... I'm losing my mind but happily am $1,500 richer. Obviously I am not an accountant.

Old 11-08-2002, 07:13 AM   #25  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sojo,
Your pic came up as a bad request. Can not find that page. I would love to see it though. SO glad you have found lost money. That is great! Chat soon
Virginia
Old 11-08-2002, 08:40 AM   #26  

WOW SoJo what a nice find!! I tried to check out your pictures and i couldn't get them to work either.

Flower - here are some good house buying vibes, hope your offer is excepted. Hubby and i are trying to decide if we want to put a bid in on a house we have been looking at for over a year (They Lowered the price over $25,000 last week)

I hope everyone has had a good week and has a wonderfull weekend.
MrsM95
Old 11-08-2002, 11:09 AM   #27  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Crap...

I can't get the link to work so I deleted the post. I'll try again tonight.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:16 PM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, good stuff happening in here for a change! House deals and money appearing like magic. I'm impressed!

Just back from Lucy's Obedience Graduation - we both made it through! Now I'll have my Friday mornings back until the next course!

Gorgeous day and very mild so we three are off for a walk. Hershey looks like a fur-covered beer barrel, Lucy looks quite elegant (see avatar) and I'm gonna be the denim barrel rolling along behind. When you have two dogs on a double lead, you just have to keep rolling along so it doesn't look as if they are in control!

Will be back later and get some sewing done if my sewingroom ever warms up!

TGIF!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:33 PM   #29  
the kid's counting on me!

Hey here you all are...hi girls...sorry I've been away...I did stop into the lesbi thread a couple of times this week but it looks like this is where the action is...I've been going to the gym regularly and I'm starting to lose weight....holy moly batman...how could that happen...but, don't worry...I've only lost seven and I have between 40 and 60 more pounds to lose depending on how you look at it...so, I'll be a fat chick for quite awhile...and will be here with all of you...(well I've lost 7 since September 20th and I lost some before that so my total loss since my highest weight is 15 pounds...how cool is that!)

Love, Soozie
Old 11-08-2002, 03:37 PM   #30  
the kid's counting on me!

and one more thing...
hey...one of you chickies gave me a nasty cold!
and we're leaving for Disney World on November 13th...
but, I bought my earplanes and Afrin...a client of mine who
is a doctor recommended Afrin before I get on the airplane...
later dudettes,
Soozie
Closed Thread