Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 12:13 AM   #61  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

TOO FUNNY!!!! I hate pink, but i might wear an *** bow just to be obnoxious!!!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 08:53 AM   #62  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, I love your idea. heh heh. I should have thought of that myself, having recently seen "Sweeny Todd". I have a feeling my SIL would know, however. She told us a story about unsuspectingly tasting dog soup in Korea. She said she took one sip and thought it tasted/smelled like wet dog, and couldn't eat anymore. When her co-workers told her it was dog soup, she just about keeled over.
I love the story about your friend and the victorian dress.

Den darling, you don't need to wear an *** bow to be obnoxious. (sorry, I couldn't resist)
You're right... those dogs are too damned small for anything but an easy burial.
Where's that sweet little baby? You DO realize that he's going to have the most beautiful skin... he's not all pasty and white like us Brits, the lucky little fellow!

Kat and Virginia, in changing your avatars, you have completely screwed me up. I just don't recognize you anymore.

Wildfire, we'll see what we can do about finding you a new job. You and Mauvais, and... who else needs a new job?
My meat pies were fabulous, thank you. Even my father complimented me a couple of times.

Sojo, how was the pink party?

Jinxi, I'm British, but I'm damned if I remember... do you have any kind of "thanksgiving holiday", or is there nothing to be thankful for? That's not what I meant. I meant that you don't have to be thankful to people for settling the land only about 250 years ago. Cutting down trees, building houses, clearing land for fields, being killed by natives, ... you know... that sort of hellish thing.

Hello to all of you other darling girls....
Old 10-14-2002, 11:13 AM   #63  

Oh Ellis!

You always give me a good laugh or two whenever I logon! Thank you!

I am curious about the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday.......is it like ours? The Govt picked a day? is the meaning the same - settlement and....that sort of thing?

Not to get too serious about all of this, but today is Columbus day here and while I'm glad somebody found America and I'm glad America was settled, the bigger story of what happened all those years ago was appalling (In my humble opinion, of course)

Anyway, today we're going to the pumpkin patch. We also need a few apples! Nothing like fall foliage and sunshine and crisp leaves and apples and pumpkins to make a smile and there is little else that can make a parent happier than to see their child having fun

Sending love today - Terri
Old 10-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #64  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Happy (late) Thanksgiving to all you Canadian Alternachicks!

Sojo: How'd it go???

Hope PunkinTerri is having a nice vacation.

How is your wrist today, Ruthxxx?

*** bow! I always wondered why they did that to the dresses. . My *** needs no further attention called to it.

Incidentally, when I was a kid looking at prom dresses in Seventeen magazine, one of the ones I wanted was the electric blue w/the white lace. It also came in red!
Old 10-14-2002, 07:57 PM   #65  
a work in progress...

We went to the apple orchard today...to do the Fall Thing...unfortunately, picking the apples off the ground just isn't the same as picking them out of the trees! I guess with all the rain this past weekend, all the apples fell to the ground. So I didn't get nearly as many as I usually do. Which is probably a good thing, cuz I usually bring home W*A*Y too many. There are only so many apple pies, apple crisps and applesauce you can make...I think I'll try apple butter this year.

I'm off to bed early tonight...

Old 10-14-2002, 09:41 PM   #66  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone

Hope you all had a good weekend

I had a nice relaxing two days with no social obligations and no housework to do I feel really good today, I really needed the rest!

Ellis- umm.. how about dogtarts?

Katrina-can you send me some apple crisp
Old 10-15-2002, 07:40 AM   #67  

Gee, Mauvais... dogtarts... if they weren't leaving this morning, I'd seriously consider it.
I'm really glad you had a good rest. How's the great job hunt? If you're really desperate, I'm looking for a live-in house cleaner and cook. No pay, but free room and board.
Tell your boss to get a day planner. What a p.

Kat, what kind of apples did you ummm, pick? I must get some Macs... they are the BEST! I'll take two containers of apple butter, please.

SuchAPrettyFace, that prom dress sounds, ummm, lovely. I assume your tastes have since changed?

Terri, yes the government picked ours in ummm, 18... something. Someone gave a good link to Thanksgiving info and stuff...
Oh yes... let's not talk about that Columbus!
There is no freakier site than a pumpkin patch. There's usually a field of them near us... I must take a drive by. What a beautiful colour they are!
In fact, THAT'S the colour I'm going to paint one of my kitchen walls! Oh! And I had a brain-wave yesterday. You know how the cupboard under the sink is always disgusting? You could clean it every day, but it's just not somewhere you want to store anything. Anyhow, I saw a picture in a magazine. A wooden countertop on steel legs. You could actually see the underside of the stainless steel sink plus the plumbing. They had stainless steel baskets and things on wheels and a pull-out under-the-counter-counter, etc under the wooden counter. It looks so cool! Even the plumbing looks cool! Think how easy it'll be to clean! No more sticking my head into the dark depths to clean out mouse dirt and greasy dust. blah.
geez, I'm rambling...

You know, when you're a houseguest at a dogless household and you've brought your two dogs with you, you DON'T put your plate on the floor after dinner so that the dogs can lick up your left-overs.
And you DON'T drop a piece of meat on my dining room floor so that the dogs can lick it off the floor. You don't let them sit on my living room chairs so that everyone else has to sit on a hard dining room chair. You don't let them sleep on the guest bed with you so that Ellis has to wash EVERY DAMNED BIT OF BEDDING after you've gone. You don't let them jump up beside Ellis on the couch after they've just had a pee and a poo in Ellis' garden. THEY'VE GOT DIRTY BUMS!!!
You don't sit at the dining room table with one of them on your lap. And you don't talk about them more than a devoted mother talks about her child.
I think I'm losing my mind...
Old 10-15-2002, 08:53 AM   #68  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Who are those dog nuts? I thought I was bad but they sound positively revolting! I must come visit you with Hershey, Ellis, and you will see how perfect a dog can be! Those dogs belong in dog tarts and the owners should be turned over to Hannibal Lecter!

I know exactly what you mean about the kitchen sink cavern. I feel like just spraying everything in there with white paint!

VENT ALERT! Am having second thoughts about getting my other wrist fixed Oct. 23 - the right one is still pretty sore and not healing as fast as I want. Of course it's just been 2 weeks and a few days BUT.... I want to go out west mid-November and don't want to do it with two screwed up wrists! Right now I'm feeling pretty frustrated about this - I want to get out there and put my garden to bed, do soem wallpapering, sew some winter clothes AND THE DAMNED WRIST IS HOLDING ME BACK!

Sorry - I am Kwabby today. I think I'll go have another coffee and then go for a walk. We are really frosted today so I'll need a jacket.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #69  
the kid's counting on me!

Ruth, hope you're feeling better soon! It is so frustrating looking at what you want to get done and not being able to do it!!! Maybe you can postpone the other wrist until this one feels 100%.

Kat, love the dress idea...my kid would have loved that...unfortunately she is already moving away from the total frou-frou stage and on to wanting to look "cool"... I could deal with fluffy better than her wanting to look like Brittany Spears...what next? a tatoo maybe?

Sojo, what a fabulous party idea for a little girl...I'm sure that they adored it! You'll have to give us a full report. I should add that although my pipsqueek isn't into girly frilly dresses anymore she is big into makeup. wants to wear it all of the time...I restrict it to when she is playing dressup in the house. She's all girl.

Ellis, that sink idea sounds really sharp. Since I had the kitchen redone everything under our sink is all clean and spiffy. I'm anxious to keep it that way...arranging the cleaners and shoe polish and vases and plant food that we store under there and trying to prevent anything from dripping on the shelving...in two years or so it will be creepy again. At least no meeces. And no meece's fecees. They usually stay in the utility room if they do venture into the house and we have the utility room floor done in glue traps...its quite a look you should consider it for one of your rooms...of course we have to be very careful not to let the cat in there...

One time I had a guy doing some work in the house and as always I cautioned him to keep the utility room door closed because of the cat. When I got home from work I took a look in the utility room and told DP...I think Jasmine was in the utility room...she said, what makes you think that?...I held up a glue trap with a big poof of silver white fur stuck to it!!! (we did a DNA match and found with 99.9% accuracy that that was Jasmine's fur)

Ellis, did you say that you were rambling? I haven't been in this thread for a week and I'm monopolizing it...oy vay! And speaking of pets, Ellis, Ellis, those dogs...well, truly, its not the dogs but their people who have no manners. Dogs only know what they've been taught. Those people sound absurd! and rude, too.

Well enough of my diatribe.
Love to you chickies,
Soozie
Old 10-15-2002, 11:42 AM   #70  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Ellis: I still love that color, but the dress I'd only wear on Retro Back to the '80's Night, or Halloween. My dog is very VERY well behaved in other people's houses. We do not lick off the floor. We do not beg at the table. We have our own doggie-bed. We do not sit on the furniture. He's a perfect little gentleman. At home, however, is another story altogether!

Ruth: Hang in there, hon. It's got to get better!

Soozie: Poor Jasmine!
Old 10-15-2002, 03:26 PM   #71  

oh, Ruth... your poor wrist. If it's any consolation, my father felt the same way after HIS first. But he's VERY glad now that he had it done, and is considering getting the other hand done.
Yes, I'd love to meet Hershey. I can't imagine you putting up with any crap like that from YOUR dogs.
Hey, you are doing GREAT with the walking! We're very proud of you!

Soozie and Suchaprettyface, they're my SIL's dogs, and I love her dearly for the most part. But you're right... very rude. I don't care WHAT dogs do at their own home...everyone has their own rules... but when they go out visiting they should be on their best behaviour.

sigh. They've left. I'm numb.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #72  
a brave new me...

Talking Fun Weekend

Well... both of my parties were lots of fun. The princess party was a smashing success. We all looked hideous in our dresses and tiaras and glitter. The kids loved it and even the adults had a lot of fun! And the Barbie cake turned out great despite several mishaps during its creation.

My girls night out was also a hit... lots of margaritas and yummy food and laughing. We went out on the town for drinks at a fun martini bar and then out dancing. I didn't get to bed until 3 am.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:57 PM   #73  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis- that was really rude of your SIL to do! Can you imagine how she would feel if you went to her place for a visit and you let your kids pee on her bedding, get soaking wet and roll around in the dirt then jump on her couch, pick up a plate at dinner and lick it clean, and throw food on the floor????

She would totally and never have you back!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:46 AM   #74  
Is it Friday yet?

I'm baaaaaack!

And sick. Can you freakin' believe this???? I woke up at 3am with a **** of a sore throat. I have a little white spot and it hurts like a mother - WHAT is this???? Probably some fungus that will cost me $$$$ to get rid of because according to Lifewise (the only individual insurance policy I can afford) I'm too FAT to be insured, thus I don't have coverage... Ooooh, yea, I'm a happy girl... Oh well, my back feels better!! (think positive Terri, think positive!)

Ok, rant over

I'm turning around and going back to CA for a business meeting on Friday, then coming home on Sunday. Then I don't plan on moving from the recliner until my body and mind have had a chance to heal.

Vacation was good - too busy though. We spent most of it getting ready for the houseboat and smack in the middle of the week I had another business meeting. Then my girlfriend lets her daughter invite a friend and that little girl did nothing but whine and complain the ENTIRE time on the boat! I was thisclose to chucking her butt overboard. We all agreed that she will NOT be invited again.

The highlight of the trip - polishing off a 1/5th of Captain Morgan spiced rum and 2 two liters of Coke with my friend's husbands and one of my girlfriends (the other one stayed clear headed and "babysat"). By the end of the evening we were talking about "The Capt'n" like he was a real person and ending all our sentences in "Aaargh!" Ever try to play Trivial Pursuit after sharing a 1/5th with 3 friends???? It's hard - you can't feel your tongue after a certain point.

So anyway, after I get back on Monday I hope to get back into the loop - I feel like I've been gone a month...

Terri
Old 10-16-2002, 11:00 AM   #75  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like a great holiday, Terri. I'd make the kid walk the plank next time. Boats are too small for brats - unless it's the Queen E.

Well, I just got my surgery changed from next week to November 27! That means I'll have at least one good wrist for my trip to Nanaimo mid-November. It also means I'll need to get my Christmas organizing and baking done well ahead of time.

Pissy rainy day today. What do you chicks do to cheer up days like this? I am wearing red, making soup for lunch and thinking fondly of the sherry bottle!
Closed Thread