Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Being able to go to the lake with my thin fit friends and not feeling like the cow amoung them.

Opening the box of nice clothing that I can't wear anymore.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

wearing: this is a big one for me. I find it hard to pull off the fashion I love being big

high heels
fish net stockings
socks (knee high)
girl tshirts
hats
skirts
corsets
ripped skinny jeans
tattoos
leggings

Doing:
going to the gym without dirty looks
going out to a club with friends
shopping!!! and liking it
wearing whatever I want
seeing the looks on peoples faces I haven't seen for a while
getting second looks from people when I am out walking
swinging on a swing without bum pinch
being confident
getting my picture taken and liking it (full body shots too

feeling
happy
confident
outgoing
creative
fashonable (in my own way)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

I want to wear the sexiest clothes i can find.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #49  
Science Genius Girl

Height: 5'7"

I love this thread! Great motivation!

Wearing:
-NOTHING on my calves!! I want to be able to have bare calves without feeling ashamed. ;_;
-Capri pants (they're extremely unflattering on cankles)
-Loose, flowy shirts (If I wear anything but fitted shirts, my legs look huge)
-A swimsuit WITHOUT board shorts!
-Flashy jewelery/accessories that look funny on larger bodies but cute on smaller ones
-Jeans that actually fit properly!! No matter what, when I go to buy jeans, they're either perfect in the waist/hips and too small in the legs, or perfect in the legs but too big in the waist/hips! Curse you, thunder thighs!

Doing:
-NOT being the fat one among my friends! Somehow I ended up being friends with practically nothing but good looking people. I'm sick of being the fat ugly one. T_T
-I hadn't even thought of this before reading the other posts, but I would love for my boyfriend to be able to pick me up! XD Well, he can right now, but I don't like him too just because it makes me feel really big. XP Being the same height doesn't help. I would also love to be able to sit on his lap without looking silly!
-WALKING WITHOUT MY THIGHS RUBBING TOGETHER

Feeling:
-Healthy
-Happy
-Sexy
-Gorgeous
-Like a freak... but for my personality and general quirkiness, NOT for my weight!

Last edited by Penultimate; 08-23-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #50  
Moose on the Loose

S/C/G: 200.4/Ticker/150

Height: 5'1

I've been on SBD P1 for 1 week now and my motivation has been all my super cute baby dolls I wanna wear again. I have them all hanging up in my closet just staring at me. I fit into them but you definitely DO NOT want to see me in them, my muffin top and umm, for lack of a better word, gunt. I have not dug out all my fetish attire which I know I can not get into. I have a $400 custom rubber mini dress that I miss so much, I doubt it would get past my thighs. Chokers look terrible with a double..triple chin. ugh.
So, those are some of my motivations. Luckily I kept all my tats and mods in the right places so my weight gain did not affect them.

Here's to getting Healthy!!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #51  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

I could quote so, SO MUCH of what you've all said and call it my own. For me, it all boils down to being fearless again. When I first moved to this area, I visited the entire Ottawa area on my bike. The first day I took off alone and did 25 miles on the bike trails. In winter, I used to walk everywhere (didn't have enough money for the bus). I can't even walk a half-mile now, doing the groceries is torture on my back (I practically use the grocery cart as a walker!)

However, my husband and I want to take a month and hike around the Grand Canyon/Four Corners area for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2013. So that's my big, BIG goal for weight loss -- to feel well enough to be able to do that!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #52  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Wearing:
I'm currently very self aware of the cellulite on the back of my thighs so I tend to wear longer shorts, longer skirts and longer dresses- once the cellulite is reduced I plan on wearing shorter shorts etc... I'd also like to wear lingerie for my Fiance and actually feel comfortable doing so, I know this is attainable. In general I'd like to feel confident wearing most things, currently I see fault in most of my body parts- that sounds pretty sad, but it's the truth.

Doing:
GETTING MARRIED!!! I plan to be at target weight or below before our wedding next Spring.
Running a half marathon next March, the training will really help, but I'd like to get to target weight before training so that the training isn't so difficult.
Showing a certain someone who doubted me that I did it.......I won't actually say anything, but I'll just feel good when this person see's me. This person has always secretly competed with me, only leading to me being more motivated.
Not feeling anxious and embarrassed each time I take off my cover up at the beach/pool.

Feeling:
Confident
Healthier
Happier
Sexy
Less anxious about wearing a bikini, enjoying shopping trips etc...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Wearing:
Low Rise Jeans
Knee High Boots
Skirts
Sleeveless Tops
Cute MOH Dress (june 26th 2011)
sexy lingerie for my husband

Doing:
Husband picking me up
Sitting on his lap without breaking his legs
Going Jogging
Keeping up with my 2 year old daughter
Having the lights on in the bedroom =)

Feeling:
Confident
Beautiful
Sexy
Like one of the pretty moms
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Wearing:
Clubbing clothes
Skinny jeans
low rise jeans
knee high boots
short skirts
fur coat
loud stuff that draws attention
pinup girl clothing
piercings
killer heels
tight tops
high waisted bottoms
pencil skirts
did I mention knee high boots?
garter belt and stockings
vintage stuff

Doing:

Going to L.A. and feeling good, meeting up with some friends and this one particular sub-lebrity that I used to do marketing for who's a total desperate Weho queen and out hotting him.

Dancing
Horseback riding
Have a pinup photoshoot
Hit on someone I think is cute, rather than always hang around scared that anyone will approach me
Cut off all my hair
Tell all the people who doubted me to suck it.

Feeling:

Powerful
Beautiful
Confident
Brave
Accomplished
Fun
Healthy
Not judged

Last edited by DaughterOfVenus; 09-03-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #55  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I have to admit that I'm pretty shocked reading some of these wish lists. People are saying they can't wear skinny jeans, skirts, dresses, bathing suits, etc. and people saying that they want to feel loved, be worthwhile, be assertive...It makes a bit sad because these are things you should have NOW, not 20, 30, 40, + lbs from now. I rock skinny jeans, cute dresses, bathing suits, etc. now. I also know that I am loved, worthy, and I look fierce! You guys all seem like intelligent, caring, smart women. Things like love and self worth aren't going to come magically when you reach a number on a measuring tape. I know that may sound trite but the people in your life who care about you probably think you're all of those things you wish to be. I know self-confidence is hard and you do have to work on it every day but I really wish more of you felt it.

That is not to say that I don't have my days and feel gross and unattractive but if you want to wear skinny jeans, WEAR EM. A few random people might give you the side-eye but who cares, haters to the left. Some of the most conventionally attractive women you know are probably some of the most insecure. Even supermodels have gross days.

Anyway, sorry if that sounded preachy. I actually do have a list as well. I'm looking forward to:
-Being able to run 5k's again.
-Not having shorts ride up and look like they were eaten by my thighs.
-Getting rid of the dreaded "chub rub" when I wear skirts and dresses.
-Being able to have great sex without feeling like a 78 year old chain-smoker who just ran up a flight of stairs.
-Dancing all night instead of collapsing at the banquette after 20 minutes for a water break and looking like a sweaty swamp monster.
-Being asked to go on fun outdoorsy trips and things. I think people assume since I'm fat, I won't want to go.
-More energy!
-Being more comfortable when I'm in airplane seats, buses, etc.

P.S. Ladies there are fashion blogs for the fatshionista! Also, there are stores like Faith21, Torrid, Evans, ASOS, and Target have amazing clothes in big sizes.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #56  
: )

S/C/G: tick tick ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon safari View Post
I have to admit that I'm pretty shocked reading some of these wish lists. People are saying they can't wear skinny jeans, skirts, dresses, bathing suits, etc. and people saying that they want to feel loved, be worthwhile, be assertive...It makes a bit sad because these are things you should have NOW, not 20, 30, 40, + lbs from now. I rock skinny jeans, cute dresses, bathing suits, etc. now. I also know that I am loved, worthy, and I look fierce! You guys all seem like intelligent, caring, smart women. Things like love and self worth aren't going to come magically when you reach a number on a measuring tape. I know that may sound trite but the people in your life who care about you probably think you're all of those things you wish to be. I know self-confidence is hard and you do have to work on it every day but I really wish more of you felt it.

That is not to say that I don't have my days and feel gross and unattractive but if you want to wear skinny jeans, WEAR EM. A few random people might give you the side-eye but who cares, haters to the left. Some of the most conventionally attractive women you know are probably some of the most insecure. Even supermodels have gross days.

Anyway, sorry if that sounded preachy. I actually do have a list as well. I'm looking forward to:
-Being able to run 5k's again.
-Not having shorts ride up and look like they were eaten by my thighs.
-Getting rid of the dreaded "chub rub" when I wear skirts and dresses.
-Being able to have great sex without feeling like a 78 year old chain-smoker who just ran up a flight of stairs.
-Dancing all night instead of collapsing at the banquette after 20 minutes for a water break and looking like a sweaty swamp monster.
-Being asked to go on fun outdoorsy trips and things. I think people assume since I'm fat, I won't want to go.
-More energy!
-Being more comfortable when I'm in airplane seats, buses, etc.

P.S. Ladies there are fashion blogs for the fatshionista! Also, there are stores like Faith21, Torrid, Evans, ASOS, and Target have amazing clothes in big sizes.
Just wanted to say that you rock!!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #57  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Oooh I love this thread!

Wearing:

-Knee high boots
-Tank tops in the summer
-Little dresses/mini skirts
-Cropped jackets
-"Fitted" anything
-Smaller rings! (I swear, I carry all my fat in my fingers )
-Bikinis

Doing:

-Having a guy hit on me without wondering if it's some kind of cruel joke
-Bungee jumping without having to make the employees assure me that I'm NOT going to snap the rope
-Posting full body shots on Facebook
-Being able to tiptoe without sounding like a baby elephant
-Taking a pole dancing exercise class at a local studio
-Being able to get into camel pose and crow pose properly during yoga class
-Running without getting funny looks
-Not having my thighs rub together
-Not being "the fat funny girl"

Feeling:

-Sexy
-Fashionable
-Feminine
-Small
-Desirable
-Worthwhile
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #58  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

I want to learn to rock-climb, go skydiving or paragliding, ride horses without worrying about hurting the horse or needing a stool to get in the saddle, learn to salsa, take a pole dancing class, shop in the same stores/sections as my friends, wear sexy high heels with lingerie and not feel like an idiot on stilts, jog without getting shin splints, go out dancing with friends and not be a wallflower, and more - I know that I could do some of these things at my current weight, but I don't have the confidence. I spend so much time worrying about what other people might be thinking about "the fat girl" trying these things. As I lose, I'm also taking baby-steps in the land of building my self-confidence from within (i.e. not based on appearance), but I also know that weight loss will really help.... Just looking at my list, I get excited
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #59  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixiet View Post
ride horses without worrying about hurting the horse or needing a stool to get in the saddle
Oooh I forgot that one. I always feel like the horse sees me coming and is like "FML THERE GOES MY BACK." lol
Old 10-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #60  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Quote:
Omg...how did I not know that Forever21 sold plus size clothes?!?!? There's even one fairly close to me that carries the faith line. Their clothes are so cute and cheap...I mean, within my budget...they may not last forever, but that's perfect if your losing weight anyways
Closed Thread