Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #16  

I hear ya - next week, I'm in Vancouver one day, Calgary the next, and I think I can't actually make it back in time to go to my friend's wedding reception (sigh). The trip is so fast that I don't even get to do much, though I'm hoping I can have dinner with my friend in Vancouver the night before my meeting.

Times like this I really hate travelling. I'm just really starting to establish my weight loss routine (though I gained 1.5 pounds last week - sigh), and am thinking about more, but I always find travelling throws everything out of whack - always busy, always eating on the run, etc. This time, I'm going to try to do better. My last trip, the hotel actually had free yoga and exercise videos on the tv, and I'll try to get in some swimming in the hotel pool. Though I'm still terrible at portion controlling in restaurants - perhaps I'll do the trip vegetarian so I can at least try to keep the calories down.

March is going to be a long month.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #17  

Just a little self-w00t:

I'm going to a chocolate potluck this weekend - something I've been looking forward to for a year. Of course, this could also be a killer to my program. But I've been SOOOO on program this week! WW gives you 35 extra points per week that you should spread out over the week - well, I've got 32.5 of them left!! Which means I get to enjoy the chocolate party without too much worry (so long as I keep the portions reasonable). Though, last time I had a piece of cake on my diet, I felt really ill from all the sugar. Still, it's going to be fun

I'm making chocolate marzipan brownies for it...yummmmmmmm!

Hope everyone's having a fab weekend!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #18  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

That sounds like great fun Sillymonkey. Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #19  

The chocolate party was fun, but there were only about 10 people there (I was expecting 20-30, which is the number they've had in years past). Of course, this means there was less food than I expected too. I ate small portions of what I wanted, none of what I didn't, enjoyed everything, and I'm pretty sure I didn't use up more than 15-20 points. Marvellous!

The marzipan brownies turned out gooey-er than I would have hoped, but the entire pan got eaten what with people taking some home, etc., so I was pleased (I'm not a fab cook/baker, so I'm doubly happy when people enjoy my food). I'll have to make them again for the girls at work - I still have chocolate left over, and I'd like to get rid of it before it tempts me too much.

I actually think I've lost several pounds this week. My (fairly inaccurate) home scale shows nearly a 5 pound loss! Can't wait to see what shows up on the WW scale on Tuesday
Old 02-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

MMMMMM! That sounds like my kind of party! Glad you had fun and that your brownies got cleaned out.

I spent today working at a bazaar so I feel quite tired this evening. Lucky for me that my wonderful DH cooked a roast chicken diner with potatoes and veggies so I had a nice meal to come home to.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #21  

So, my worries about travelling hurting my diet were for naught. I caught my flight to Vancouver from Ottawa, but when I got to my layover in Calgary I found out my meeting was cancelled and I had to come back home. 10 hours of flying and I never even left an airport. Arrrrgh!! But, not only did I hardly get to eat (since they don't really feed you on airplanes anymore), my routine didn't really change, so the diet is safe. So at least there was one good thing about it - sigh.

Now I know what an international flight feels like
Old 03-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #22  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi all..looks like almost everyone has been too busy to check in and post! Everything at my work has been falling apart, hubby took my lappy so I have a lot less computer time now,and honestly even if I did have the time my energy is low.

I did start working out again after a lot of months of not doing it. It feels good to be back at it again. Was happily surprised to see that the 20 lbs I lost when I was gung-ho are still off. Guess keeping with smarter choices for my diet is theway to go.

Hope everyone else is doing okay...
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #23  
Cute & Fluffy

I am around. Quiet, but around. I have been busy too, plus when I am at home I have had no interest in the computer lately. I have been reading a lot more. I also have been trying to get into working out - I recently bought a WATP DVD that also came with hand weights, the stretchie thing and the belt. It is a 3 mile or 5 mile walk, and you can pick with "extra" you want to use. I also have been doing good at eating more fruits & veggies. I am also trying to get the apartment more organized. So far it is slow, but getting there.

I have a few busy weekends coming up too. A Hockey game Friday. A new table being delivered Saturday, Las Vegas the following weekend, and 2 concerts the weekend after. I am really looking forward to Vegas, since I got us tickets to Spamalot. That should be fun! Also I can't wait to see The Hip 2 nights in a row in a few weeks. They are one of my favorite bands and I don't expect to get to see them very often here. They play a lot more back at home.

How everyone is doing well!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #24  

I've been doing drive by posts lately as I can't access from work anymore at lunch time.

I've been busy with work, drumming, dancing, yoga, WW, seeing friends, trying to get my house straightened out before we paint. Then when I am around I don't have the energy to get on-line!

Anyways, I resolved that I would get back into posting on a daily basis so here I am.

Sillymonkey, that sucks about your trip - what a waste of time.

lizziness- way to go on keeping that 20lbs off!

Squeaker - you sound like you have a lot of fun stuff going on -good for you!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #25  

Had a good day at work today and went out to lunch with a co-worker which was really nice.

I'm going on a girl's day out on Saturday with my mum which should be fun. We are going to a convention type of thing for a few hours, then lunch and shopping.

Then DH and I are having some friends over for supper and a movie.

Almost TGIF!!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone, I'm back. I had a great time last week at Disney (on business) and at the Arnold (for fun), despite having my luggage in "lost land" for a day. This week has just been crazy with all the catch up.

Well I got a chance to visit Magic Kingdom while I was at my convention. I wasn't sure it would be any fun on my own, but it completely was. I went on everything I wanted to, nothing I didn't, and never had to coordinate with anyone. Surprisingly enough I was able to get a hummus sandwich with fruit for dinner. I didn't think I'd be able to find many healthy options but there were more then I thought. It's a good thing too, because the rest of the trip I didn't always eat the way I should. (Dessert buffets are evil!!!)

DH got a new personal best in his weightlifting at the Arnold and we also got to see a couple of American records being broken so that was neat. There was also a ton of other sports being showcased so we got to watch gymnastics, table tennis, speed skating, wrestling, ballroom dancing, and some martial arts.

Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #27  
Cute & Fluffy

Mauvais - I hope you had fun with your Girl's day.

Spideranne - I am glad you had fun at the Magic Kingdom, and Congrats to you DH on the personal best!

Things here are going well. I forgot to bring my book with me to work on Friday, so instead of reading at lunch I decided to run to the store. Everytime we got to the store the boy looks for a Wii. He does this often enough I would even look when he wasn't with me. Well, I just happened to have good timing and they had a few! So now we have a Wii. He was pretty excited. We got a few games, and are enjoying it. I really like the bowling game, and tennis. He also picked up Guitar Hero for the PS2 for me (my late Valentine's day present). We had Guitar Hero II, but I wanted the original too.

Friday night was a hockey game. It was fun. It was hockey, which I miss out here. It may not have been my Sabres, but the Ducks are fun to watch. And have an old Sabres player.

Saturday our new dining room table came. I love it. It looks really nice in the small space we have.

Sunday we headed to a Pow Wow for a while. I love to watch the dancing. Then we headed to the mall for more Wii games, and a new table cloth.

We are busy. Not always exciting, but busy. Now I am just trying to get organized for the Vegas trip this weekend.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #28  

Spideranne- congratulations to you hubby! sounds like you had a fun trip.

We had a great time at the convention, got lots of free goodies and I bought some fancy nail care items and a new handbag (as if I needed one! )

Squeaker - yay, you finally got your Wii! l

We went to see 300 on Saturday night. It was very nice visually but I didn't really get into it. I think I was feeling too tired as I had been out all day, then entertained guests and ended up at the 12:00 pm. showing.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #29  

Well I had a total crash weekend. It started out on Friday by me falling asleep on the couch at 6:30 p.m. Woke up felt awful and then went back to sleep. That's pretty much the whole weekend written off - then again it did make me relax.

Feeling better today so I watched t.v. and cleaned out some boxes of paper I was supposed to be destroying or filing.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:25 AM   #30  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey all, been a while. Saturday it was almost 70 degrees outside. Without too much begging or prompting, hubby went with me for a nice long walk in a park by the Willamette river. It was lovely, all sorts of people were out there were even some kids playing in the river with the ducks and geese. It was a big deal for me because in the past my hubby has refused to go anywhere outside with me EVER! It was nice.

work has been stressful, as per usual. been feeling a little bit depressed lately.. but that seems to just be me. I go in cycles of feeling okay, and then feeling less than okay. *LOL* I'm just trying to stave it off the best I can... hopefully with more daylight and soon more sun I'll start feeling better.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.
Closed Thread