3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #16

S/C/G: 265/232/150

Height: 5'6"

Being 62 ,the big thing for me is realizing that the years go by so fast and if I had just accepted the stalls and slow losses from past attempts, I would now be where I am heading. The turtle really does win the race.

I have a husband who lives me, folds and all, wonderful kids and grandkids and I can make this happen. I am relatively healthy (just take a low dose BP med and the weakest statin out there and hope to be off the statin in October and off the BP med by January if not earlier (morning BP right now is 113/70). So my goal is health and also after caring for my overweight mother, I want to go into my 70s and 80s as lean as possible!
We know what it takes. Persistence. Riding out the flats. Taking one day at a time and sticking with it. The time is NOW! Each day a new day.Can't look back. Can't control the scale. Can control the behaviors and the healthiness of what I put into my body.

Nancy

Started the Bright Line Eating approach July 24, 2017
No sugar, No Flour, 3 planned meals a day, Measured Quantities of protein, veggies, fruit and grains

Oct 16, 2017 ....... down 33 lbs/ 100 to go
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #17
In the desert

S/C/G: 193/ticker/148

Height: 5'8"

Just stopping by to say hello...

I've had some challenges lately, (understatement), and have gone completely off the rails. Isn't that the way it goes? Best laid plans and all of that. I am hoping to get back on track in the next week or so. I hope everyone is doing well!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #18

S/C/G: 179/179/159

Height: 63"

Hello! I think you're right. Hormones change for many of us of a certain age (I'm 66). When I was younger, say, up to the age of 50 or so, it was easier for me to keep my weight down.
JudyDietBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #19

Me, too. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #20

A carrot and a celery stick help me. I do not prefer those to junk food, but I notice that if I can make myself "OPT" for those my munchie craving goes away. The problem is "making myself" opt for those. I have them, but I tend to grab something else (junk) instead.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:13 AM   #21

DISCLAIMER: I am not 50+

Just wanted to come in and say how much I admire you guys. I wish everyone in your age wanted and strived to improve themselves, much like you do.

Respect.
MariosG39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #22
In the desert

Hello to anyone passing through:

Today is the day I will begin (yet) again. I have gained 20lb in just a couple of months. This is a pattern, but I seem to fall into the same trap over and over and over. I start Atkins, lose rapidly, become exhausted to the point where I cannot even climb stairs, abandon Atkins, and gain 10lb above my previous high weight. You know, the definition of stupid is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". I have finally accepted that although I had a great deal of success in years past, losing around 50 pounds that I gained while on Paxil in my late 30's and keeping it off for years, my mid 50's are a completely different animal. I intend to go back to "The Best Life" diet, which focuses on whole foods and increasing activity. It's effective, but I usually abandon it because it's slow. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

I weighed yesterday. I will not weigh for a month. Thus begins "Phase I"

[/url]

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. - King Solomon

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Stephen King (Andy Dufresne - "Shawshank")

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
― Dean Koontz, A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog
Old 10-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #23
In the desert

Musings and Contemplations:

I've been considering where to go from here. This is the heaviest I've ever been, with the exception of my third pregnancy, at which time I weighed just over 200 pounds the week I delivered.

I think it will help to have a few goals:

Down 20 pounds by Jan 1, 2018
Walk with my Jack Russel daily before work.
Wear my fitbit
Record dietary intake in MyFitnessPal
Out of bed by 930a.m. (I work 2nd shift and often don't get home until 1am)
Eliminate household clutter by Jan 1, 2018
Stop eating at by 7pm
Daily Bible study/journaling

These should be easily accomplished. Logging in MFP may have to wait until I receive my replacement cell phone. I broke my existing phone a week age. I haven't tried logging in MFP by lap top before.

Anyone else out there with some pre-new year resolutions?

[/url]

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. - King Solomon

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Stephen King (Andy Dufresne - "Shawshank")

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
― Dean Koontz, A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog

Last edited by LurchMomma; 10-04-2017 at 10:49 PM.