Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, I'm sending prayers and will be sitting on pins and needles to hear from you. You will do fine.

I'm not going to try to do any personals tonight and I will apologize right up front. The last few days my patience is really being tested and I'm just not in a very good place to be writing personals. But just know that I think of you all each day and will get back to normal (whatever that may be) and be back soon.

Take care and have a good Friday!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #257  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Totally understandable Karen. and prayers for you too.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #258  
Jacksonville, FL

Praying for you Bobolink......
Old 07-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi is probably having her surgery right now, or maybe in recovery. Pray that all went well!

Karen 31, thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim with all you are dealing with right now.

Gayle, is your library online by any chance? I check out ebooks from our library over my PC. Also, my online account shows an actual books I have checked out and all it takes is a click to renew them. They can be renewed up to 4 times I think. You should ask about that. It so convenient.

When I look at my stats I'm surprised to see that I have only been posting here for 3 years. It seems much longer. I've logged a lot of posts for such a short time. I must be really gabby, or I'm just having a lot of fun!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Sorry Carol Sue but you haven't been on Golden Girls for 3 years. Maybe another 3FC site?

Last edited by Karen3; 07-25-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Sorry Didn't mean to sound mean, but 3 years ago when I had an emergency problem the ladies here tracked me and DH down. They swamped him with cards and even phone calls. That was when Donna became head of our posse. The support and caring meant so much and helped me get better. k3
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #262  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…

Carol Sue – thanks. I had forgotten that Judy is the Best! And I use the library’s eBooks program often. In fact, I use the library often, period. My 91 year old mom is a voracious reader and, of course, I have to read what I get for her, so we both have our nose stuck in a book a lot!

Mary – it’s good news that your DH is off all restrictions! He’s so active that that had to have chafed him! And I think it’s so sweet that he plants flowers for your viewing pleasure! He’s a good guy… you keep saying that, and I think you must be right! I’ll look into the container gardening more next year. It’s probably too late this year, and I’m still “healing” (I wonder how long I can milk that???).

Cajun – Oh, I hope you’re feeling better FAST. Of course, you’ll lose weight with colitis, but you probably don’t want to do it that way! And newborns NEED to be held all day long, NEED to be held and cuddled and sniffed! There’s something so sweet about babies, and I agree with KarenFL that there is nothing cuter than baby feet and toes!!

Where did you get 40# of chicken thighs? Do you purchase these or do you raise the chickens? That’s a LOT of chicken!

My boss just misses me. She and I share the same twisted sense of humor, so there were peals of laughter a lot. I’m not willing to interrupt my busy new life to go, um, like, work!! Maybe later, IF I get bored, but not now!

Bobbi – you were sounding very brave and optimistic in yesterday’s post. By now, the surgery should be finished, and I hope you’re not in too much pain. Remember: better living through chemicals! Take what they offer! Good thoughts, good thoughts!

Tam – okay, you can walk at 4 a.m.

KarenFL – in MY mind, there is just one month of summer left. August is always our booger and then we start getting Fall temps. I can do this! I might whinge, but I can do this! Your George sounds like a keeper, too.

Gayle – “oops” is good!

CK – hang in there!

I made eggplant parmigiana for the first time last night. It was tasty, but I don’t like the texture! I doubt I’ll make it again soon.

I’m delighted with the number of posts GG has this month!! I think it’s so important that we do personals whenever possible, because it makes this site a conversation. I’ve enjoyed it for years and hope to continue to do so for a lot longer!

Onward and upward! Everyone, have a good day!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies. Happy Friday. What's on my agenda? Tonight some friends from michigan are coming to visit us at my sister and brother in laws house for the weekend. Tonight it's going to be crab and shrimp gumbo. Tomorrow dh and I are going to defrost the freezers outside and spray ds's yard. Uh oh. Crazy dh with roundup again. Hope the flowers survive. Then we are going back to sisters house for boiled crabs. Sunday we are cooking thanksgiving dinner (turkey) in July and all the side dishes. Our friends are looking forward to down home Cajun cooking. I have a plan on what I'm going to eat. I have to make macaroni and cheese and I offered to make a cake. I found cake mix at walmart to make a camouflage cake. The guys are going to like that.
I only have 3 toddlers today so most all my housework is done. Last load of laundry in in the dryer. I unpacked my playpen for the newborn coming Monday. Washed his sheets. Now I'm ready for him.
My oldest ds is taking a big level 2 test next week to become certified in NDT. Please send prayers for him. It come with a raise. Could always use a raise these days. He's advancing in his training very fast. The bosses have been watching him and called him in and told him they are impressed with his work ethics and determination to advance his education. So he was happy that they noticed and he's up for a raise. He had no schooling for NDT. They hired him when he quit nursing and is learning from his younger brother.

Jess1 I'm loving all the extra post too. For awhile it would go days with only 5 or 6 post. Isn't it great to feel the love again.

Bobbi you have been in my thoughts and prayers since early this morning. Hope all is well without too much pain.

Carol sue. I'm having fun to.

K31 we are here for you if you ever need. Sending a great big hug to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Gayle thanks for the prayers. I'm so hoping my problem straightens out. I have 6 every day Monday thru Friday. Yep I'm pooped at the end of the day. I bet when you don't have maddie your glad for the break but miss her at the same time. I have so gotten used to doing my housework with kids under foot that when they are not here I'm lost.

K3 I love to kiss on those sweet little neck and those soft temples. I also love baby feet. I would love to hold them all day but I have other toddlers to see about and if I spoil him rotten to the arms then I'm in trouble to do right by the others. Phew rolling pen, ear worm, posse and now super glue. Girl you are rough. I promise I'll be good. I have to buy a dress for our wedding. I'm going to wait until the last minute like February. I have incentive to do good. Not to mention a rough friend that has weapons to use on me. Lol did your dh get scallops?

Tam do you work weekends too like you do during the week? I would like to throw my alarm too. I always say I'm going to sleep in on Saturday morning but my eyes pop open at 5 am just like weekdays.

Hi to every one I missed.
Not sure if I'll be back on here before Monday. Y'all have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #264  

Default La weightloss

Has anyone here ever done the la weightloss program?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #265  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Sweert - I did LA Weightloss years and years ago... very expensive! And it didn't work long term for me.... I do, however, have and do use their cookbook! Are you having success with it, I hope?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #266  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Tam tam welcome back. You are the one that owns the religious store right? Were you also the one that was doing 1-1-1. I tried that and the carbs allowed sabatouged me. Instead of a nice healthy carb I ate a nice delicious piece of chocolate. Lol. Glad to have you back.

Gotta go.
Hugs
Cajun[/QUOTE]

Yes mam that is me!! Yea I was getting out of hand with the chocolate too! Glad to be back with all you wonderful ladies!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #267  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Cajunlady165;5046268]

Tam do you work weekends too like you do during the week? I would like to throw my alarm too. I always say I'm going to sleep in on Saturday morning but my eyes pop open at 5 am just like weekdays.

Girl I work more or less 7 days a week. 6 at the stores and Sunday catching up on everything else! Yep I understand, for the 4th of July when we were closed and we were going to sleep late and we did, until 6am!!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

KarenFL, I'm sorry. I looked at my stats on the left and it said that I joined 3FC in May 2011. I post on a lot of different threads, but my first on GG was Aug 2011. I thought I was posting here when I had my heart surgery in 2008, but that must have been another forum. Time flies when you're having fun! LOL
Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Jess1 I sent you a private message. Hopefully you get it. Let me know if you don't.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #270  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks girls for the prayers and good thoughts...I went right to bed when I got home. %^&%$#^ Mad, mad, mad. They changed my check in time to 6:30am, then I laid in a tiny room for 4 hours waiting. It was 10:30 before they took me in for surgery. Geeeeeeeeeeeez, I asked the nurse why I had to be here so early, she just apologized and said the doc wanted everyone there. When I get the other foot done, I'm asking for the 1st surgery of the day. the surgery went well, they put me under so I didn't see, hear or feel a thing. I can only be up 15 minutes out of every hour.
My 15 minutes are up, back to the couch, 3 pillows and ice. I have to have my foot elevated above my heart for 45 minutes out of every hour.
TaTa

Closed Thread