3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/288569-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread2.html)

Corinna T 04-27-2014 01:17 AM

Yippee Jollyjude! That's great. Keep at it. :cheer2: Maybe I am not drinking enough water. I will have to check and see how much I drink now. I don't think I drink 4 liters a day, but can try it.

You can do this Renee...focus, focus, focus. Let's do this, diet buddy. :carrot:

Keep it up AAD, your doing good. :yes: You're getting closer all the time.

Julystar - where are you...hang in there lady.

Andi, how is your weekend going? Are you sticking to your meals and exercise plan?

I did some walking today. I enjoyed it. Although my walking buddy was a bit sick. Now I feel a bit sick too. I hope I am not catching what she has. Maybe I just need more water. I hope that's all it is. :(

jollyjude 04-28-2014 06:55 PM

Just a quick check in, just got home from work, and have to be back at 6 in the morning:faint:

I have had a good start to the week so far - staying on track, and trying to keep my eye on the bigger picture.

I hope everyone is having a good week and that we have good results to show at the end of it.:cheer:

Jude

Corinna T 04-29-2014 06:06 AM

:cb: That's good to hear Jollyjude. Keep you enthusiasm going, going, going, to be slim to win! :cb:

I had a rough day today, but I managed to stick to my diet. I just made some alternate choices. I will be glad about my decisions once the day is over. We can do this. We can and we will.
:lifter:

Corinna T 04-29-2014 06:19 AM

Hey Julystar,

Hang in there. We know you can do this. It is always hard getting started. If you have any relapses, don't be too hard on yourself. Just focus on where you are headed once again. The baby steps will soon turn into bigger steps, and you will eventually be walking down the path of a new healthy eating lifestyle. We all have falls along the way. The falls just help us to figure out how to do it better next time, and we can and do make it to our goal. So will you.

:dust:

Corinna T 04-30-2014 06:31 AM

Hey there Ladies. I hope you all are doing good this week. Remember to make good choices.

:broc:

Corinna T 05-01-2014 05:10 PM

Eating Disorders

2 Attachment(s)
Do you wonder if you may have one?

Attached is some information on three of these eating disorders that are treated with a comprehensive approach involving medical, dietary, and psychological intervention.

:ebike:

jollyjude 05-01-2014 10:42 PM

Hope everyone is having a good week!
I have been a little down this week, I think just because I have been working some weird shifts and not getting enough sleep. My last midnight shift is tonight, so hopefully I can get rested up after. I think getting enough rest is an important part of being able to lose weight.

Corinna - Hmmm... Binge eating sounds oddly familiar, and it is something that I really have to guard against - being aware of it and owning it helps

julystar 05-02-2014 01:33 AM

thanks for reaching out

Corinna~
Thank you for reaching out. I'm genuinely touched how you give your time to say encouraging words to me, a stranger.
I haven't been in touch for two reasons--discouraged with my relapse of compulsive eating, mainly sweets...and being busy, & too tired at the end of the day to get on my computer.
Last Saturday morning I stepped on the scale. I was eager to report the evidence of a week of self-control and feeling great. I was happy to see I'd lost 2 pounds. But by afternoon when confronted with the temptation to allow myself some chocolate I gave in--then I seemed to make up for what I just spent a week denying. No doubt I gained back what I lost.
I know some people say you have to allow yourself a little bit on a regular basis to avoid the 'binge'. And I have tried that--it doesn't work for me. Sweets are a trigger food for me....
The better news is: today was a good day after 5 days of wanting to get back on track but having that disconnect between my brain and behavior.

As I was tempted to have some ice cream tonight, somehow I was able to push past the desire for instant gratification to admit I wasn't hungry and it was my irrational thinking telling me I needed it.

Again, thanks for encouraging me to not give up! I want to get to a better place of peace with food. Naturally I need it, but I don't want it to control me.

jollyjude 05-02-2014 04:05 PM

Hello all.
I had a kind of down week, but stuck more or less on plan, and today am back to my usual self and feeling so much better - I am finally caught up on some of my sleep, and have a couple of days off. Now if only the weather would co-operate, I could get out and get my yard work done.

Julystar - Good for you for several reasons.:carrot:
You have shown that you can have a good week and lose weight.
You CAN resist cravings, and realize that there is a remarkable difference between want and need!
You have figured out what a big trigger is for you, and that "just a little" is not what works for you.

You have reconnected here, and know that we are here to support and encourage you. You can do this!:hug:

Hoping the scale is kind to us all tomorrow,
Jude

Corinna T 05-03-2014 02:19 AM

Jollyjude-I use to work shiftwork. :tired: It was hard on my body and dieting. I admire your dedication in trying to make the best of it all.

Anne3-If I want my belly fat to go down quickly, I quit eating dairy and starchy foods including bread products for a period of time. That always seems to help me. Exercise on an elliptical machine or walking/jogging seems to help too. :running:

Julystar-I was just thinking of you because I know how hard it is for me to start a diet. I am like a yo-yo, before I finally really get things going. I thought perhaps since we didn't hear from you, you may have been going through something similar. Glad to have you back. :cheer:

Renee-:wave: You have been too quiet lately. I hope you are hanging in there.

For me, my weigh-in this week shows......ugh, still the same.
:dunno: But that is still good I guess. I didn't switch to vitamin drinks like I thought I might try. Perhaps I will try making some soups. Not sure yet how to handle this one. It's getting colder here and now I want to eat more to stay warm. Got to keep a good balance.

jollyjude 05-03-2014 10:24 AM

Weigh-in today - down 3.2 lbs:D

Corinna - I know how frustrating it can be to hit a stall. Hang in there! At least it wasn't a gain. I think sometimes our bodies just need a breather to regroup for a bit. I have been thinking of Renee too, and hope all is well with her.

Hope everyone has a good week this coming week

Jude

Renee3 05-03-2014 03:01 PM

Well, down .8 this week....been very busy here on the farm....had a horse show today....time to get planting. Hope everyone has a great week!

julystar 05-04-2014 01:48 AM

grateful

I'm grateful for 3 days in a row of not letting food have the greater power. I walk carefully though, knowing temptation creeps ups and I am still vulnerable and may always be.

I weighed myself this morning, I am down 1 pound from my starting weight 2 weeks ago.

Thanks again each of you, for your encouragement! I'm not used to having anyone cheering me on in this, and it truly touches me.
In the past when I'd mention to a friend or family about having a eating problem, I nearly always hear it dismissed "you look great" or "don't be so hard on yourself"--they don't understand it isn't always about the amount of weightloss needed but rather more about the bondage of behavior when food has an unhealthy stronghold in your mind, habits, & coping method.

I really should make time to write here more often. It could make the difference I need, since doing it on my own I don't ever seem to get past 2 weeks then I overindulge till I'm back where I started.

So like each of you--may we find grace for one day at a time.

Corinna T 05-04-2014 05:40 AM

Wow wee Jollyjude down 3.2lbs!!! I am glad to see you smiling big. That's terrific!!

Renee and Julystar-you are both hanging in there with a loss too. Your going good. Julystar-I can relate to what your saying exactly.

You ladies did great this week. Keep at it. You've got me motivated to get things moving too.

AAD 05-04-2014 07:57 PM

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
\4/5 = 215.9 I hit 7#! = -7.1
4/13 = 215.6 = -7.4
4/21 = 215.4, -.2 this week = -7.6
4/26 = 215.2 = -7.8
5/4 = 214.8 = -8.2

Corinna T 05-05-2014 05:32 AM

Good job AAD!!!

jollyjude 05-05-2014 01:40 PM

Hey everyone,:wave:

AAD, Good job - you keep going down, so steady and consistent. It all adds up

I had a huge surprise yesterday when I woke up and it was white outside!!? The temperature had dropped to below freezing and we had snow overnight - this after having temperatures in the 20's (I think in the low 70's F?) earlier in the week. I thought for a second that maybe I had slept through summer:?:
It was nasty all day, and didn't make for the best of moods, but I muddled through and today the sun is shining and it is all good.

I just finished baking cookies. I usually take them in to work, and I am now able to do this without tasting even one - I know if I have one that it wouldn't stop there.
I have had to program myself to be able to do this by recognizing that if I eat cookies (or whatever) I feel soooo guilty afterwards, and usually feel so bad that I end up way overeating. However, if I resist, I feel good afterwards, and feel that much stronger in sticking to what I believe is best for me. It keeps getting easier.:)

With determination and support we can keep this going

Jude

WebWoman 05-06-2014 10:45 AM

Hi girls,

I finished the 1/2 marathon in Indy on Saturday, and 45 minutes faster than the one last year! Unfortunately I have silver-dollar sized blisters on my left foot which I hope will heal before Saturday (a friend talked me into walking a local 5K). Since I had to "carb up" the day before the race, I've only lost a pound >: but I'm re-committing to mindful eating and will start weighing in more regularly.

I'm also back to taking fiber capsules a couple of times a day...keeps you regular and makes you feel full so I eat less. Just have to remember to take them!

Happy to see that you are all doing well and the tickers are moving! It's easier to get out and move in this beautiful weather! have a great day.

julystar 05-07-2014 12:11 AM

going in the right direction

I'm going in the right direction. I'd like to say it has been flawless, because I like "flawless", but that isn't the case. And I'm learning it doesn't have to be flawless but it just needs to be much improved. For example--I've been avoiding sugar like I need to, but sometimes I have been eating bigger portions of healthy food than I need. It is progress to have gotten past the sugar cravings (temptations will always be there, but it doesn't have the same control without the cravings).

Jollyjude--I do relate to your making cookies scenerio. The same is true for me.

And I trust as I keep the bigger giants (sugar & refined carbs) away, then gradually I'll find more strength and space to rid the smaller giants out of my life. :)

You all inspire me by your committment too!

Corinna T 05-07-2014 05:14 AM

Hey Jollyjude, you do have some will power! I couldn't have made the cookies without trying one. I admire your will power and determination. :carrot:

Wow, webwoman, you are a wonder woman. A 1/2 marathon and a 5K the following weekend. :running: Keep those legs moving. That weight will drop.

Julystar, you are learning what it takes to get there and making the necessary changes. Yeah, your doing great, keep it up. :cheer3:

Wannabehealthy 05-07-2014 08:42 AM

Webwoman, I am so happy to see you back posting. I don't know if you remember me from posting on the BellyFatCure thread.

My weight doesn't change much...up and down a lot...but I won't quit trying!

BillBlueEyes 05-07-2014 09:04 AM

Oooops . . . This thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start Thread3?

Corinna T 05-08-2014 07:16 AM

This thread is now closed.
Please look for the new thread titled:
25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3
Look forward to seeing you all there real soon!

:wave: