3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/288569-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread2.html)

Crimzon 11-17-2013 11:06 AM

Wow - this is depressing. Last week I was optimistic and changed my stats only to find this morning I gained the two back plus one. Up and down. I have to break this set point.

Corinna T 11-19-2013 05:30 AM

Oh no Lizzie! Perhaps it will all balance out by the end of the week. Let's hope so.

Deelou-keep at it. I think it must be the water too.

I am doing okay, just hanging in there day by day.

Jillie422 11-19-2013 07:53 AM

Hi Chicks!

It's been a slow go for me too, down one so will try not to complain....but geeeeze! Still counting calories, and staying within my 1200, but ugh.

Going today to Hubster's mom's. She's about to turn 83, so we are going to try to lay a new wood (vinyl) plank floor in her kitchen and dining room if the floor underneath the old stuff doesn't need too much work. Her house is ancient so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad to see you're all still hangin in there despite the ups and downs....it's soooo much harder to lose at this age...I know that! I must have the metabolism of a turtle.

Hugs!

Corinna T 11-20-2013 05:35 AM

That makes two of us with very low metabolism. :snail:

Deelou 11-21-2013 06:47 AM

First real success !...I will take it though I expect to keep bobbling up and down....low carb continuing!

Crimzon 11-21-2013 07:50 AM

That would make three of us.

Happy for you Deelou. LC does work - I just have to keep it serious.

Renee3 11-23-2013 06:11 AM

no change here......:?:

Deelou 11-23-2013 05:14 PM

Today. First day I have seriously craved potatoes....tomorrow is my birthday, think I want to pamper myself...I succumbed to a few chips.....

Crimzon 11-24-2013 03:33 PM

I didn't weigh-in this week. I had a bad week and didn't want further bad news. Taking a break from the scale.

Happy Birthday Deelou!!

Deelou 11-24-2013 03:41 PM

Thanks....70, but don't feel it most of the time!

deelee10 11-24-2013 04:21 PM

Happy Birthday Deelou!!!

Renee3 11-25-2013 06:02 AM

:bday2you: Deelou, hope you had a wonderful Happy Birthday

Deelou 11-25-2013 01:53 PM

Thanks, good day but I have given up on low carb, I have been so good even no dessert on my birthday and was right back where I started..I know what I have been doing crabwise and calorie wise trying to go back and forth between 1200 and 1000 when md said needed to do 900 can't live on that so am just plain trying to eat well and watch cals and forget losing...if it happened it does but I think I have ruined my metabolism and this is just what I have....depressing I must say, but by now I just say, oh well...that's life!

Crimzon 11-28-2013 12:25 PM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES !!

Deelou - :hug:

Renee3 11-28-2013 03:10 PM

:happ3: Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!!! :turkey:

Crimzon 11-29-2013 11:35 AM

Deelou - I found this link you may find helpful (or not):

http://thyroid.about.com/u/ua/losewe...ts.htm#ua_form

I'm reading through the nearly 400 posts myself today.

Deelou 11-29-2013 01:40 PM

Thanks, I have read this and taken much of it to heart, the iffy part is many of the doctors listed are natural and some not even MD...none near me and most out of pocket not covered by insurance...I think I just have to do the best I can with what God has given me and try to be as healthy as I can...worst os the fatigue that hits randomly....never can plan much ahead and exercise has to be close to home...

Corinna T 11-30-2013 01:34 AM

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, and it was one spent with family and friends!!!! If you don't weigh in this week, I can understand. I don't plan on doing it this week. It is getting to be that time of year again where all the various types of foods overflow during the holidays. It is going to be a rough one for me I can tell already.

Renee3 11-30-2013 06:39 AM

Hi everyone:wave: Still no change for me......going to be rough going over the next few weeks....lots of tempting food.....maybe I will start strong in 2014!

Crimzon 11-30-2013 11:25 AM

Hey guys,
The feeling is mutual Corinna. I may hit the scale on Monday or Tuesday. It is a difficult time of year for everyone and food. The older I get the closer each holiday season gets. I think we should skip years or something. No family near me except my DH and I prefer not to travel during this time of year. I don't even do that much celebrating - still a lot of temptations.

Deelou 12-01-2013 08:29 AM

I really did not over eat, but have added more calories, up to 1200-1300 so am up again...it is very hard to live on 900-1000 a day....sigh

Deelou 12-01-2013 08:31 AM

Funny when you go above your starting weight it will not change....well that is the truth I am 2# above starting weight......

Corinna T 12-02-2013 06:50 AM

Hey Renee, 2014 sounds like a good game plan for me too. :) Have you started to think about how you will approach it this time? I am thinking that I will eat a good breakfast, moderate lunch, and maybe just a light meal or snack during my early supper. What do you think? How about you?

Deelou, 1200-1300 calories sound a bit more realistic. Your body needs some energy to survive and just live. Too little and things will stop working. You don't want that to happen. I am sure you would much rather be alive. We all like you feeling better and happy too.

Lizzie, do you find that you are more tempted to eat when you are alone?

Crimzon 12-02-2013 11:39 AM

Hey Corinna - No, not really. I'm just off plan sometimes. Like this morning I had cottage cheese and blueberries. Sounds healthy but being a low carber I know it's more carbs than I should be eating. I'm really sick of guilt around food.

Deelou 12-02-2013 02:46 PM

Unfortunately I gain on 1200 cal stay the same at 1000 and bobble a bit down at 900 just bad metabolism, thyroid...I am working on trying to be healthy and accept it....guess I really don't belong on here anymore...

Renee3 12-02-2013 05:31 PM

Corinna, your plan sounds good...I need to stop the mindless snacking...it's hard to purge the house of snacks when you have a husband and son that are always asking for them.

Corinna T 12-03-2013 07:36 AM

Lizzie, I don't think you should feel guilty for eating food. Food is something good and nourishing for your body. But too much of a good thing can be bad. Is a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with blueberries too many carbs for you? If so, perhaps 1/3 cup may meet your requirements and satisfy your cravings instead.

Deelou, you are welcome here. We enjoy sharing with you. Unfortunately, my diet situation is a bit different than yours. I am more of an emotional eater and tend to overeat. Still need to lose weight like you, so we do have that in common.

Oh Renee, that would be hard. Too many temptations. Do they try to support you on your diet efforts? Or is it just that you know the food is there and you feel it is calling your name. If I know the food is there, like a luscious piece of cake, I will have to eat it. It lingers on my mind until it is gone.

Renee3 12-03-2013 01:52 PM

Corinna, they totally support me, but I love to cook and bake for them and always have temptations around...I just need to have more will power

Corinna T 12-04-2013 05:30 AM

Renee, you sound look a great mother and wife.

:dust: for everyone. I think we are all a bit low on it right now. :)

Renee3 12-04-2013 06:13 AM

Love the will power dust ...thanks Corinna! :hug:

Corinna T 12-05-2013 05:59 AM

Will Power Dust.....It's fun to share with friends. :)

Today I did okay diet wise. I didn't walk in the morning because I had to go to work early. But the yard work in the evening more than made up for it. I gave my dog exercise by throwing the ball, and I was busy pulling/trimming the weeds around the yards edge. Would have got the mowing done too if I hadn't been low on gas in the lawn mower. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

I thought about getting an ice cream bar today, but once I looked down at my tummy, I realized that I already had a few to many from previous days. So no ice cream. Sometimes I use food as a comfort when things are not going my way, or just for a reward. It helps me feel better, but I need to realize it doesn't make me look better in the long run.

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit. It is hard when there is only hot weather. I put up our Christmas trees (one on the inside, one on the outside) on Sunday. Been watching a few Christmas shows too in the evenings. My favorite is the "The Little Drummer Boy"

Hope the sun smiles warmly on your hearts today, and brings you a breath of fresh air to push all you worries away. Think thin to win!

Renee3 12-05-2013 11:05 AM

We're supposed to have some snow on Sunday...all the outside decorations are up:tree: I have a huge nutcracker collection and Christmas village that still need to get displayed. I love Christmas, especially the Church services on Christmas eve. My husband is Italian, so we have the 7 fishes for Christmas eve dinner.

Corinna T 12-06-2013 06:48 AM

Your nutcrackers and Christmas village decorations sound wonderful. I am not familiar with the 7 fishes. Do you prepare 7 different types of fish for a meal?

I hope you have a light snowfall to bring in the Christmas spirit, and one that is not too much work for shoveling or impacting the care of your animals.
:snowglo:

I need to come up with a good dessert for our Christmas party at work next week. Do you have any favorites?

Renee3 12-06-2013 09:01 AM

The fish are : tuna and anchovies on an antipasto, clams in chowder, baccala soup, shrimp cocktail, fried smelts, and calamari in red sauce for the pasta. This is a traditional menu for us...been doing it for over 30 years!

For your party how about a buche de noel or trifle? Neither are hard to make and they look very festive

Now I've made myself hungry!

Corinna T 12-07-2013 06:42 AM

Renee, thanks for the suggestions. I haven't made a buche de Noel yet. I may consider making one. After your suggestions, I found a recipe on the internet for one with meringue mushrooms too. Very interesting.

What a nice tradition! Traditions are what make the holidays special.

I did okay this week. I went down 2 lbs, and that wasn't because I was trying. It really just happened. Wish it would happen more often like that. LOL :elf: :wreath:

Renee3 12-07-2013 07:00 AM

You did good Corinna :carrot: I still stayed the same :( I have 2 Christmas parties this week, so I'm not looking for anything new at the next weigh-in, but come 2014 I am really going to put more effort into my diet.....

Have a wonderful week! We are expecting a bit of snow, which will be welcome...everything here is a dull brown until Spring.

Corinna T 12-08-2013 06:50 AM

Wishing you some cheerful enchanting snow to bring in the Christmas Holiday period. Have a good week.

darius 12-08-2013 09:46 PM

I just found this thread. I am 53 and I need to lose more than 30, and I have already lost 22, so I may I join now and I will start at last Friday's weigh-in and track my progress for 30 lbs on this thread.

Friday weigh-in
12/06.....-0 lb (start)
12/13.....
12/20.....

Corinna T 12-09-2013 06:25 AM

Hi Darius!! Welcome to the group! We are glad to have you here too. Congratulations on your 10kg loss. Wow, that is great. What a boost of inspiration you will be for this group. I hope we can inspire you too to reach your goal. We look forward to seeing your progress as you lose the 30 kg.

What helped you lose the 10kg? Was it a long process or do you have some type of daily routine that is slowly melting away that extra weight?

Renee3 12-09-2013 06:52 AM

Glad to meet you Darius :wave: Please tell us how you are managing your diet....