Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Chicks-

I have been MIA. I was in kind of a dark hole. I was at least losing a little weight. I am coming out of it. Long story. I'll give you bits and pieces in the future. But last night when DH left for hockey at 9:30 p.m. I was surprised cuz I wasn't expecting it. right agter he left I drove to drugstore and bought not just chocolate but Skittles! Not my thing but I looked like a drunken sailor downing them and the chocolate. And of course, it was buy 2 get one free or something. I have a sugar hangover and I'm very annoyed with myself.It's one thing if you're really enjoying it - something homemade or special. I had been doing pretty well. It was just like an alcoholic going on a binge with the cheapest junk. I should have had some wine - I would have only had 100-200 calories. But my stomach has been very acidic and I just haven't wanted any alcohol. Knew I had to come see my "girls" and get straightened out. I know it had to do with me not expecting my husband to go out that late. Not his fault - just part of my black hole - feeling lonely about the kids, mostly.

I will get caught up soon unless I decided to read the book for my book club. But I did want to join Gayle is saying I'm sorry about Lynn, Donna and Tuscany's losses. And Gayle - I sympathize about new computer stuff! Mary - you go girl with getting stuff transfered to DVD! I hope you will inspire me.

My DM is doing quite well since the mastectomy. I better run. Hugs to all!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #197  

Height: 5'3"

I gained 2# this past week...not surprised the way I've been eating and not tracking. Lots of salty foods too. So up and down I go. Just not quite ready I guess to cut back enough to maintain a good loss.

Today we are getting ready for the carpet cleaners. I have piled lots on the spare bed and office bed so they can get around the big heavy furniture. I use this as an opportunity to vacuum areas I often neglect too. Dh helped me pull out the sofa in the family room so I could vaccum where it sits. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. Later I plan to roll up the dining room area rug and give the dining room floor a good mopping. Then we will move the smaller tables, lamps etc into the dining room so the cleaning people have room to clean better.

Doing this always starts me decluttering. Sometimes I am amazed what we tend to keep. It also starts me thinking of things I want to replace....like I want a new sofa and I want a new desk. I want the desk to be lighter, my current one is so heavy and is also breaking down. If I ever did get it to move, it would probably fall apart! I guess I'm going through another stage...I tend to want things in my life to be lighter and I want more space in my house.

Deelee - Good to hear from you! I understand about the junk food..one of my problems too. Even if it's not really what I like, if it's around I'll eat it. My dh made rice cake on Memorial day and I've had a terrible time staying away from it. He did reduce the sugar quite a bit but that makes me like the taste even more! Glad your dm is doing well since her surgery.

Gayle - Good luck with the new computer system! I know you nurses are SO busy and every new thing adds to it. Also glad your weight is holding steady despite all the emotional stuff.

Rosey - Gosh your temps really fluctuate up there! I never knew that before.
Any more news on when you'll be having your surgery?

Well, dh just left for the store so it's my chance to mop the kitchen/dining room floor.

Talk later,
Mary

Last edited by maryea; 05-29-2013 at 05:17 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #198  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Dee - it's good to see you. You must be an integral part of this group now, because I miss you when you wander off...! I'm glad your DM is doing well.

Did I tell you all that I've decided (and done it!) to get some paid help in for GM? I cannot do what Barb and I both used to do for her and still work and still try to get this estate settled. I hired the woman at work to come over a few hours a week and help Mom shower and do light housekeeping or whatever. I'll break the news tomorrow. I'd so much like our relationship to go back to being fun and enjoyable. It's been a long time since I've looked forward to seeing her, and she'll be 90 on the 5th. I don't want to waste the time she has left by us being snarky to each other. The brothers are being supportive and will contribute to the payment.

My brother had back surgery this morning, but he's strong and fit, and I hope he does very well. He looks like the Marlboro Man, very tall and handsome. He's my favorite brother; some good thoughts for him would be appreciated.

Nothing to report. Since I had strep and then bronchitis and now with the emotional turmoil of my sister's passing, I'm down almost 10#. I hope I can keep it off! Now if I could just sleep a full 8 hours again, life would be pretty darn good!

Hope your days are going well! Later, lovelies!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #199  

Hi everyone. another beautiful sunny day here. it was 78 out this aftnoon. steve and i made a trip to the post office and then to the garden center at wallmart. stopped by the pharmacy to give my dd a hello and hug. she works there. i bought pink,yellow and purple petunias for my planter on the deck. im waiting for it to cool off befor i plant. everything is getting green and smells like wild flowers. and im loving it. Pepper is a holy terror she's a little weasel and even tho i have areas blocked off she still gets in where shes not suppose to be,and when i scold her she flops on her back and looks at me and grins really. her and tootisie chase each other and fight over food lol fun to watch.shes getting the potty papers figured out too. not bad for 8 weeks. jess,im sorry you are grieving. sometimes it just takes time,take care of your self and i think its agreat idea to get help for your mom.deelee i had to laugh as guess who else ate a small bag of skittles today umm that would be me,glad to see you back,maryea i need to declutter,you are inspiring me to organize. steves turning the back bedroom into a craft room for me. can hardlt wait to have all my stuff in one spot and can keep my sewing machine setup permanently. gayle hope work goes smoothly for you. Bobbie we need pictures if you have the time.hello to the karens and cajun and lyn too. hope i didnt miss anyone and if i did im sry. the old noodle doesnt work as good as it once did. oh, my next dr aptis a rash check on the 18th of june and then i see the plastic surg on the 26th. i really want this to happen. hoping your evenings a good one rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
stuffed pepper
bag a skitttles
iced tea

snack
soft serve ice cream cone

dinner
turkey salad(cubed turkey,apple,celery,onion,grapes. cashsews,witha lemon mayo dressing)

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies
Looks like ds will be moving out this weekend. . They are delivering his furniture Friday. It's been rainy here and they are giving more this weekend so he may not be able to move.
Heard from our friend yesterday. He's still not able to move left leg very well but still can feel. Dr confirmed he does have cancer on his kidney and they want to remove the kidney within a month when he's recovered somewhat from this 6 hour neck surgery.
I've been doing well on my diet half the day and munch on trash the second half. I'm out of control. This has to stop.

Bobbi I'm missing hearing from you. Are you out of your house yet and how are the renovations going?
Dee so sorry to hear about your dd troubles. Hang in there. I understand the emotional eating. I'm just like that.
Karen fl are you ready for hurricane season? It's a time of year thst I dread. Hopefully we escape this untouched.
Rosey your Lil pepper sound like a rascal. Very entertaining.
Donna congrats on the 10 lb weight loss. Just wish it would have been for different reason. So sorry for your loss. I'll send a Lil prayer for your brother. Hope all goes well.
Mary you should get rid if that 2 lbs quickly with your cleaning project to keep you busy. I love when everything is fresh and clean. Just wish it would last longer than a day. Lol.

Laundry is calling my name. My laundry is fixing to get cut in half with ds moving this weekend. That boy is worse than a girl with the clothes he goes thru in a day.

Hi to all I missed.
Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #201  

Height: 5'3"

Well we are ready for the carpet cleaners who should be here in 30 min. That's about all that's going on here. It's cool but no rain right now. I hope to make some beef and cabbage soup for dinner tonight.

Cajun - Your eating sounds about like mine right now. I did drop down a bit but not enough.

Rosey - As I have stuff piled up all over...beds, sofas etc. there is so much space in the rooms. And I love, it! Wish I didn't have to put it all back on place. Maybe I won't.

Donna - Not a good way to lose weight but for your sake I hope you can keep it off. I hope you can get a good sleep soon. Hoping for the very best for your brother.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...Think we're gonna get the afternoon boomers. Sky is building up dark clouds and wind is blow out of the East. Actually whenever it looks this way we get nothing. Cajun...after all these years I stay ready for hurricanes. I just replenish older stuff, eat down the freezer and get extra water. The pool water can be used (not for drinking)! Keep an extra tank of propane. Just got some new water snakes...they are long tubes that look like pool noodles and literally soak up tons of water. Dry out reuse. We watch weatherunderground.com for good factual reports.

I even have 2 battery operated fans. As soon as the power goes of it gets hot. And our power goes off frequently. Just a palm fond will do it. Don't mention we live maybe 5 miles from the nuke plant!!!! The warning siren will scare the britches of you! Have lots of candles and several kerosene lamps. OMG an army could eat out of my pantry for a month. After tossing 6 hugh bags of food out of the freezer after Frances, we eat down what ever is in there. Makes for crazy meals this time of year. We are 3 miles in from the Gulf and the canal here is 17' deep so we get quite a storm surge. Oh and we do have a generator. ...can't run that during the storm. Looks funny when we have white caps in the street from water backing up thru storm drains. That goes away with tide change.

Funny how you remember the storms by name. Have to do some figuring of actual dates but the names pop right up....Hazel, Ivan, Bob, Charlie, Frances have 50 others have had an impact on our lives. What do you for prep?

Donna...that's a great idea to have a home health aide for Momma. If you're lucky she will become a real friend and life will be simpler.

Rosey...Didn't you just have snow?

Dee....empty wine calories are really better than skittles! Wine is supposed to cardio friendly.

Mary....I have LOL about finding the dvd. It was in plain sight, trolls are clever hiding our stuff.

Bobbi....where for out thou?

k3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-30-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls -
It's good to be back, reading your posts from most recent back so bear with me.

Rosey - you got good weather before Chicago. That's not saying much I guess. Seems we had one pleasant day then got hot (in my opinion 88 from 45) and humid. I keep forgetting my old saying, Chicago has a beautiful spring, both days of it! So sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was happy. Congratulations on your DGS's graduation from Air Force Basic training! You must be so proud. Good luck with your dr. appt. It will be great when you can get that surgery. I'm trying to picture Pepper traveling on your shoulders. The dog in your picture looks a little large for that. Ah, I just saw the adorable puppy! He looks perfect for your neck. I think about getting a dog but I can't take cleaning up more poop. ( The parents have put me over the edge on that!)

Maryea - The nausea and weakness that came over you suddenly - sounds like hypoglycemia or low blood sugar or something like it. I used to get that feeling. This was before I was testing my blood sugar levels or on medication. I was hoping to lose enough weight to avoid it. I remember walking around the wharf area in San Fran with DH and DS. I hadn't had a chance to get a bottle of water yet after our flight. I kept saying I needed to eat. DH kept saying, "Lets just keep going a little farther to see if there is a better place." Up and down a few more hills, feeling worse. I finally said, "I have to sit down and eat NOW!" Of course they exchange the "Sheesh, what is her problem?" look. Now I always get a bottle of water, and a bag of nuts. That helps keep me going. Plus, when my endocrinologist said to go on the Metformin,( the second doctor to say this to me), I did and now everything seems better.

Karen fl - Love your roses. And I love your taste in tv so I'm looking forward to reading the books you mentioned. I read a lot of Sherlock Holmes years ago. Now I get them on audio for car rides. Got youngest DS into them.

Gayle - very sorry about the divorce but LOL about your nickname for SIL - Scum boy. I love it!

Lynn - so sorry about your brother. So hard on you. How is your son? I hope he is getting better. Big welcome and big hugs to you!

Bobbi - Love your prescription to Karen fl for her knees! Over the past few months I have resorted to two shots of a nice lemon vodka...Skol! But losing 5 lbs - amazing. You know you should change into your play clothes before you paint - right?

Donna - the paid help is a great idea. It will enhance your relationship with your DGM. A wise friend told me, "Anything that you can hire somebody to do - do it!" It will give both of you a better quality of life. And good thoughts for your Marlboro Man brother. So not hard to do. I love Marlboro Men types - as long as they don't smoke.

Hugs to all!

Last edited by deelee10; 05-30-2013 at 08:24 PM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #204  

Another beautiful day here,not as hot but warm with anice breeze,i planted my flowers this afternoon and they look nice,mostly pink and purple petunias. Maryea the weather changes really fast here and im soaking up all the sun i can get.I also altered 4 T shirts,i added stretch lace on the hem as they where a little short and i like my dunlaps covered,then i had gotton some bling iron on transfers and put on the fronts. turned out nice. hoping your day was sunny too. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
turkey salad (left overs)

snack
coffee mocha
fresh pineapple
a few cheese doodles (weird combo right )

dinner
hot dog
1/2 c mac and cheese
cukes and tomatoes

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #205  
Donna

Quick hola!

Had my little talk with MamaDear, and she totally surprised me! Not only was she amenable to the idea of help, but she said she'd been thinking for a while that it's time. Whew, what a load off... I truly thought she'd fight me on the idea!

Dee - my brother, the Marlboro Man, is a fireman. He's doing so well that they'll release him from the hospital tomorrow if he's stable enough with a cane. I'm so glad that he'll have a few good years before the damned arthritis kicks in! And it will! No, he doesn't smoke

Everyone with potential weather woes, GOOD THOUGHTS!

I'm going to bed very soon. I actually slept most of last night (yay), and I'm going to try some oatmeal a half hour or so before bed and see if that does for me what it does for little babies! I'm pretty much a big baby, so it might work!

Later, lovelies! Rosie... pictures of your blinged tops?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #206  

Happy weekend everyone. the weather changed again cloudy and windy today,i knew the weather was going to change cuz my bones told me. attaching some pictures of my grandson Tim who graduated from airforce boot camp today. im such a proud grammma. hope your weekends awesome rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
stuffed pepper
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
grilled pork steak
1/2 c potatoe salad
fresh pineapple

1st pic dd sarah,Tim,amanda

2nd sarah and her husband chad at texas beach

3rd banner waiting to greet Tim for the airmans run

4th Tims flight group hes in the middle

5th Tim and Amanda

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-31-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Great pics Rosey! Thanks for sharing! Everyone have a great weekend. We are in a tornado watch again so preparing for another nasty night! Anyone who is in the paths of these storms --- stay safe
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #208  
Donna

Ah, Rosey, those pictures make my heart hurt. I HATE, HATE, HATE that we have wars going on! Your Tim is in my prayers!

CK - be safe.

I'm going to bed early.... long day! Hope all is well for everyone!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Closed...come On Over To June's Goldens
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote