Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Anniversary Karen31 and Happy New Years to everyone
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #17  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

2011. Well, I'm afraid I've been sleeping all year (since midnight..... ) so I can't say much about what kind of year it's been so far, but I have high hopes for the rest of it. Like maybe I'll retire. The jury's still out on that question. We'll see, I guess. Okay, so we were at my dd's until @ 10:30 last night. Then I wimped out, I'm afraid. Long day, long history of seeing in too many new years to count, practically, and longing for my nice warm bed. While at dd's, we ate Chinese food - oddly, I didn't have as voracious an appetite as I'd expected , and so didn't leave 2010 with quite the "big bang" that I'd planned - and we played Wii tennis and bowling and baseball until I cried for mercy. So, I guess I got in a little exercise to end the year! (Too bad I didn't do it all year long - if I had, I doubt that I'd be looking to lose weight again THIS year! )
Well, no point in boring everybody with my NEW resolve and my NEW plan for losing weight AGAIN this year. I'm even beginning to sound like a broken record to myself. (Of course the beauty of being a Golden Girl is knowing that when I say I sound like a broken record, MOST of you know what I'm talking about!)
Omigod, PT !!!!! Samcat has a stroller!!!!! How silly is that? Made me giggle. I mean, a DOG in that sort of thing - like Karen's girls - is somehow okay, but a CAT? And he's tolerating it? Just lying there looking around? Omigod...is it possible that someone (you) has actually tamed a CAT?????? Surely this is one for the history books?
Well, I am off to do my (healthy) grocery shopping....so everyone have a terrific day, you hear? I don't plan to exert myself too much, and...tah-dahhhhhh!!!!! I have Monday off! Another three day weekend! Yay! (I could get used to these!)
BBL,

Z
Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Happy New Year Everyone.
Im debbie, and im 60, looking for support and looking to be supportive.
Its nice to meet You all.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Debbie & Bunti,

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #20  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Bunti and Debbie.....soooooo happy to have new Golden Girls! Like Karen says, post your bio either place.
Zoe...I don't even make new years resolutions, never have. Do you track your weight on a program like Fitday?
I'm curious how about what everyone started 2010 with weight wise and the weight you ended up with. I'll have to check but I've been up and down, up and down. One thing I've learned over last 2.5 years since I've lost the weight, if I stop posting here, stop using Fitday, stop weighing my foods, I get into trouble. Up, Down, Up, Down
As you all know, get back on the band wagon as soon as you're over your binge. We've got all our Thanksgiving and Christmas season over with and today is a fresh start to the new year.
The laser treatments are helping, no headache to speak of for the last 2 days. (Slight only or none at all).. Thanks everyone for asking but I think this new doc is going to help me. One thing happened the last time I was there, he showed me photos of my back side and side profile. Geeeeeezzzz...do I look fat! Makes me think I need to take off another 10 pounds. My tummy really needs to look less pouch-like. Looks like I've got a baby roo in there
Those cat and dog strollers are too funny. I can see using them if you have tiny dogs, they get enough exercise running around the house. Our 'Charlie' is a big male English Setter and needs the outdoor exercise. Speaking of him, I'm eyeing a pile of poop in the snowbank outside as we speak. I gotta tell DH where it is this time so he can get it picked up. He picks up after Charlie everyday, we don't want to find any nasty stuff this spring when the snow melts.
Bunti and Debbie, are you dog, cat, bird lovers? My dog is so funny, when we open the door to let him out, he goes immediately on point. We have a couple of bird feeders and he thinks he can sneak up on the wild birds. A couple of days ago I purchased 100 pounds of corn for the pheasants, we have so much snow and they can't find food. I had to pull the shade in one of the bedrooms so Charlie doesn't scare them. We like to put the corn where we can watch them thru the windows.
I'm getting hungry, think I'll eat and get on with my day.
Have a great start to 2011.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I'm curious how about what everyone started 2010 with weight wise and the weight you ended up with. I'll have to check but I've been up and down, up and down.

Jan 1, 2010 = 155.6
Jan 1, 2011 = 151.8

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-01-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #22  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good job lynn......now who else is brave enough to confess?

I just checked back on my spotty weight log on Fitday:
December 30, 2009 I was 128
February 15, 2010 I ballooned to 133.5 (probably holiday gain and didn't get right back on the wagon)
December 31, 2010 128 So in the end I'm the same. Sort of maintaining.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-01-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning and it is so beautiful out already at 72! Has a great evening with happy friends and home by 7:30. Just in time to watch the sheriff cars setting up check points. At 11:50 I thought wow gonna see the ball drop and woke up at 12:30am....ooops.

Welcome Bundi and Debbie....The best way to keep on track is to have to admit to a bunch of fellow chicks what'ch are doing. They understand here better than most cause they've done it, tried it or are gonna do it. Changing a life style is hard, but with support it can be done....

Today am making real honest to goodness homemade Maryland crab cakes. With lump crab and spoonbread. Tomorrow back to the Beach. Just another couple in to share our meal. The crab cakes are held together with a hint of cracker crumbs and whisper of mayo plus an egg.Lots of old bay and baked in the oven with pat of butter....I'd give you the recipe but would have to shot you. Old Smith Island recipe from Mrs. Kitchen's. Forget the spoon bread that is not on anyone's plan....yum

Hey the wee fire Christmas day must of scared the neighbor because first time ever kid did not shot off anything. Dash ran for miles up and down the center of our street searching for a hint of gun powder.

Took the tree down and my Moravian star. Surprising how quickly things get undone. By the way still haven't found the hidden gift?????July birthday present??? Cooking turkey thighs for Dash. filling the pool...down here Nov to May is the dry season and pool water evaporates . So if you have any extra rain send it on down. Not the cold! hey guys I'm multi tasking....

Must thank you all for the support and friendship and kindness you gave this year. The best part of knowing you all is the sisterhood we share. It seems impossible to be so far apart and never actually together yet the relationship is there. To laugh and to worry......

hugs,karen3

ps...geesh Bobbie....I went back the old posts cause i couldn't remember what I weighed last Jan. Got catch up in rereading our lives...and finally figured out the old posts have updated info not old weights...anyway think i was 220 when I came back...So down 10 and resuming the climb to healthy. k

Last edited by Karen3; 01-01-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #24  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Bobbi, that's such good news about your headaches. I hope this new doc can help you!! Wouldn't it be great to have 2011 be migraine free? Good thoughts!!

PT/Zoe, sounds like your NYE worked out well. There was hardly any noise in my neighborhood, which surprised me. They're moronic lunatics when it's 4th of July!! KarenMO, happy anniversary!!

No, PT/Zoe, I don't think I've actually tamed my SamCat, but he DOES think he's a dog. He follows me around, thinks I'm a piece of furniture, answers me when I call... and I can do ANYTHING to him! He's the most mellow and laid-back wee feline I've ever known! (p.s., I love him!)

Newbies, you're very welcome! This is a great gaggle of girlies, and you'll enjoy it here!

On February 28th, I was at 222.6#; I'm at 200.8# today.

Everyone! Happy, happy, happy new year......... be warm, dry, contented, healthy, and safe!!

Last edited by jess1; 01-01-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #25  

Hi everyone.. we are having a heat wave its 28 degrees out.. i sat in the door way this morning breathing the fresh air,,awww and a nut hatch flew onto the door and hung upside down inspecting me. i luv moments like that! Bobbie great news that the treatments are helping welcome newbies you will like it here..heres to a great new yr for all of us.

my beginning wt was 368#
im now 299#

im about done with the baby diapers and have some cloth books to sew and then can start on the quilt. it feels good to have projects to keep me busy. nothing else new today..i made plenty of sphagetti and mini meat balls yesterday so no cooking today..i did have 1 meatball well chewed it tasted awsome( im so sick of babyfood) well im rambling so for all ttfn rosey
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #26  

Good Morning,

I did 90 min this morning of fast walking (really, 60 fast & 30 less fast). Bottom of my foot starts to get numb/cramped after about 70 min - I wonder if this is related to the diabetes?

This week, my DD, SIL, and I leave for Orlando. My DD's marathon at Disney World is next Sunday. She has been absolutely faithful about all the practices, so she should do fine.

Did anyone else get a Kindle/Nook/I Pad for Christmas? I got a Nook & am learning how to use it. Not sure whether or not I will like reading a book on it.

Lynn
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #27  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Started off my dieting regime April 8th 2010 at 224lbs and am now at 205lb = 19lbs loss. Hooray!!
At 76 and being disabled so exercise is extremely limited I am quite pleased with myself. Did have a couple of blips on the way but what the heck! that's just being human.
Hope - no change that to WANT to lose at least that much again AND keep it off once and for all.

Here's to a successful downsizing 2011.....
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon all....Quiet cloudy warm day here. 70 again today.

Lynn, just checked next weekend. Sat is sunny 70's and Sunday is 69 with 40% chance of showers. Usually if showery it happens in the afternoon. I'm about an hour from Orlando. Diabetes does cause circulatory foot problems so be aware! I got a Kindle and not wild about it. Heck i don't even like the shape of the new paperbacks...long and narrow. DD gave me the leather folder so it feels more like a book...I'll be traveling with it next month and let you know.

Rosie...Decided you are our work in progress and have another area to watch as you trim down. We've gotta watch your tattoo bet as you shrink the colors will get brighter!

The crab cakes last night were so good. The spoonbread was so awfull that I made a quick batch of corn bread. DD sent me the recipe and you use a can of creamed corn and can of whole corn...well the whole corn gets like small gummy bears and literally glue to your teeth. Easy way to stay closer to plan. Toss out the food.

Need to make my vegie pot. Even Dh stays on plan if he has access to bowl of what he calls soup.

Going to appologize now for my next 2 weeks of whine. Level 1 always kills me. The addiction to carbs causes a nasty withdrawal. Plus the other side effects....South Beach flu and leg cramps. not even started and whining...see! BUT I will do it ......or die trying!

Got to make a weekly menu and get the vegie pot done....hugs,karen3
Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #29  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Afternoon, All....
Oh, KarenFL, that doesn't sound like a good idea, the SouthBeachBlahs! You shouldn't be getting leg cramps and stuff like that; is that normal for you??? My friend has had good luck with just limiting her carbs to 20-25 g a day and moderating her portions. Maybe that would be an idea for you to consider?

I was hoping to take SamCat for a ride today, but it's too cold and the sidewalks are still icy. He does NOT like cold, although I did put a very nice and fluffy baby afghan in the stroller for him!

I'm not in the mood to do any of the year end stuff, and I have to close out the business books. Soon we'll be doing tax prep, too, which isn't a big deal. I'm pretty anal and can get everything ready in a day or less. I'm just already B-O-R-E-D with it!

Hey, Miss PT/Zoe, are you still sleeping away the year? Did you say you're off tomorrow? Enjoy, enjoy! Bobbi, headache today?

Rosey, Freda, Mary (Mary, are you out of town?), KarenMO, everyone!, have a lovely Sunday, and you know what to do... and be safe!

Last edited by jess1; 01-02-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #30  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Day 2 of the NEW Zoë!!!! Well, the old Zoë returning to her OLD new & healthy eating plan. Well, the new old eating plan for a return to the (old) new Zoë.....or something sorta like that, okay? I checked back and saw that I joined 3FC back in February of '07. Bobbi was around then, and I think Karen31, right? Lynn too, if I'm not mistaken. Not exactly sure who else - a lot have come and gone in between. I remember we got together and talked about what we should call ourselves. We all identified with - and agreed that we should be "The Golden Girls". Meowee-Linda was one of us, as well, and has since passed on. Bobbi created our title page and has faithfully opened a new thread for us with it every month. I'm ashamed to say that I came within a few pounds of my goal a year or so ago - maybe a year and a half (?) - and stopped hanging out here for awhile. Learned my lesson about how hard it is to maintain when you don't have anyone or any group of anyones to be accountable to. So I've been back to stay through thick and thin...and I DO have both my thick and thin moments, trust me! I had a relatively thin summer last year, and then started nibbling (stopped counting the calories I was swallowing down) and gained back 10 +/- pounds. Ate my way through the holidays (but by that time, I think my body had adjusted itself to the additional calories by revving up my metabolism some, because I only gained a pound and a half between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Essentially, I started at 194 in February of 2007, and have bounced my way up and down to now...165 pounds. (Have to change my tracker but am just too lazy right now). My NEW goal is to be at 145 by next year at this time. That's just a little over a pound and a half a month, and I think that's really do-able. So much for me, me, me...
Welcome Debbie, Bunti and Emaline. We're always happy to have new folks join us, and we hope that you'll stick it out here, because I promise you, the longer you stick with it - and the longer and more you post and chat back and forth with us, the easier it'll be for you to reach your goals and maintain them once you've reached them. PLUS, you'll make some seriously good friends. I have to confess that I no longer jump up and down with excitement when new folks drop by, because so many come in, introduce themselves, get welcomed by one and all, and then we hardly ever hear from them again. So, I really, really do welcome you very warmly to our group of friends, and hope you become one of us, if it feels right to you. Happy new year, either way.
Well, I have spent the 2nd day of the New Year...in an extremely domestic mode. I made chicken-vegetable soup this morning - low fat chicken both, chunks of chicken breast meat, lots of kale, petite carrots, celery, onions and rice. Seasoned with cumin, Mrs. Dash's original, and fresh ground pepper. Oh, and a jar of that chicken paste stuff that's like boullion, but dissolves more easily, and adds nice flavor. ALSO made my ground turkey meat loaf with grated Fiber One cereal, chopped onions, peppers, and that other half of the big bunch of kale I bought at the market yesterday. Added a bit of egg beaters to bind, and about 3/4th of a cup of ketchup. So that's done, and dh is doing a pork roast for supper; I have some fresh apple/cranberry sauce stewing on the stove. I'm trying to avoid having to do too much cooking when I get home from work during the week. I'll turn the leftover pork into chili on Tuesday or Wednesday, though, and hopefully there'll be enough to freeze some for a future meal or two.
Did I mention that dh and I went WALKING yesterday???? 50 degrees outside! All the snow from last week's blizzard has melted away, and the walking trail we were on actually had a lot of MUD! Yikes! What a weird winter for New England, so far! I'm not about to let myself get too comfortable, though. The WF's are predicting a lot colder weather on the way. I haven't heard anything about any storms, though (keeping fingers crossed on that one). But we walked briskly for a half hour. I felt that was enough (for me) after being so sedentary for the past 4 months or so. Slow starts. I'll work my way up to doing a bit better, but felt good about the half hour this time around.
Karen3, you had my mouth watering over those crab cakes, lady! I haven't had a really good crab cake for a good long time. Maybe worth a jaunt down through Maryland (on my way to North Carolina) this summer to get myself a few. What's South Beach flu? I never heard of that one. Do tell?
Oh, Lynn....off to Florida, are you? Sounds like a good plan to me right about now. Oh - about the Kindle and such/ my son actually bought me one the Christmas before last - I've got to say that I'm not very fond of the thing. I much prefer reading a book the old fashioned way. I guess it's a good space saver; your library is in your kindle, and you have the world wide web to choose books from, but my overflowing bookshelves in practically every room are just part of who dh & I are...and I like holding a book like I've always done. Guess I've just turned into an old fuddy-duddy, but there you have it.
69 pounds, Rosy! (And you did some of that on your own before you even had the surgery!). SO amazing! Fabulous! Like I've said before, you, dearest, are our poster child!
Good job, PT....with the weight loss, and keeping it lost. I am SO bad at that, you know...but am sincerely hoping to remedy that this year. You've set a good example, as have the rest of our little crew. Now I really mean business!!!!!
Bobbi, I used Fitday on and off before, and am back to using it again. I like the fact that I can log in anytime to enter a food item or an exercising moment (Ha ha...most of my exercise can be counted in moments). SO glad that this doctor seems to be helping you!!! Was SO glad to hear that!
Okay, this is just getting ridiculously long, now, so I have to cut myself off. Hellos and hugs to Karen31, Freda, Gayle, Mary (you still away visiting????), Lily (where are you?) Isabella (wherever you may be) and all the Golden Girlies everywhere (especially if I've forgotten to name you...you KNOW I'm old, now...I have memory lapses! )
Happy New Year!!! (I'm off again tomorrow, so it still feels like the holiday weekend to me).

Z
Closed Thread