Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default Is 57 to old

I am 57 years old and I am looking toward the future and I think I need a easier job. Lifting feed kinda is getting to me, I was thinking of taking lessons to find a easier way of living. I want to learn something like medical coding and billing, will be taking it through Penn Foster on line,that I can do on line.

A friend of mine, that is no longer here,started working for Doctors in this field and instead of going in to work did it right from her own office at home. What do you think am I to old to start thinking of a new career?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #2  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm looking at it this way,
  • You own your own business
  • You're the boss
  • It's right on your ranch
  • You can run home and put supper together
  • Lifting feed will keep your muscles toned, no flabby wings under the arms.
  • No punching a time clock
  • Too old? never if that's what you really want, look at grama moses and Colonial Sanders!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-15-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Bootsie, I don't think you're ever too old to do anything! Well, maybe wear a bikini! But, besides that, not much. My DIL is a medical coder and she works from home. She worked in one hospital that did not have home coding. She had to quit and come to my hospital to get a home coding position. Before you sign up, check out the local areas that need coding and seeing if they have home coding.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #4  
Happy Member

You are NEVER too old to learn something new.

You are NEVER too old to try something different.

From my viewpoint, at 57 you are a still a youngster. LOL
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #5  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Of course you are not too old! If it takes a year, well you would be a year older anyway. I think it's great you are taking steps to make a life you might be happier in. One thing though, years ago I went from waitressing 45 hours a week to a desk job, and in 4 or 5 months, put on ten pounds just from the change of activity level. So watch for that.
Good luck with your plans!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

No ! You are not too old to learn something new !
Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks girls, I will check into it the slim me, and see if there is a need in this area. Good idea, thanks , before spending all that money.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #8  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Bootsie:

I'm 56 and, at 52, I finally found the career that is a perfect fit for me after 30years of searching. I learn new things every day that I find fun and interesting! Keep going! You might be surprised at what you discover!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/209/180

Height: 5'6"

Default 57 is Not old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
I am 57 years old and I am looking toward the future and I think I need a easier job. Lifting feed kinda is getting to me, I was thinking of taking lessons to find a easier way of living. I want to learn something like medical coding and billing, will be taking it through Penn Foster on line,that I can do on line.

A friend of mine, that is no longer here,started working for Doctors in this field and instead of going in to work did it right from her own office at home. What do you think am I to old to start thinking of a new career?
Hi Bootsie, I'm 58, and I have started an easier job, home health. But I sure don't think 57 is too old' Good luck on your hopefully, new career!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

You are never too old for anything unless you think you are!

People are living longer and longer, according to demographic studies and please don't ask me to cite any lol. But really we are very long lived people these days and folks are living active lives longer.

Look at that 100-year-old man who ran and finished the Toronto Marathan. Granted that wasn't new, he was an experienced runner. Hah, he started running, I believe in his 70s, may be wrong about that but he had suffered a tragedy and decided to run to feel better.

Look at Ernestine Shepherd and I may be spelling the name wrong (sorry but am too lazy to leave this page and google). She is called the "world's oldest female bodybuilder" and I'd guess there are older ones and maybe she has slowed down some, but she is really strong and amazing. I am not sure of her age (sorry again). She is in her 70s or early 80s. She started late in life. She amazes me.

Look at, as somebody mentioned, Grandma Moses.

Lol, sorry, there are others, I am rambling.

I personally plan to live to be 120 and stay active as long as humanly possible.

Too old?

Never.

Have fun. Do what you want. Who can stop you?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Since this thread was begun nearly 2 years ago, and the original poster has gotten her question answered, I'll go ahead and close this thread.
Closed Thread