Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

OK, Bobbi,

I can see this step challenge is heating up. Will try to squeeze some posting today in between my stepping.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #182  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

A very good morning everyone, I reached my goal this morning! But it's only temporary, after pigging out tomorrow it won't be the same.
Lynn...I'm liking this stepper challenge, so glad you challenged me. Just before bed I update my Winter challenge, I was going to type in 400 steps. Then I checked your steps out and noticed you did 500, so out I went and jumped on the stepper to equal you. THIS IS GREAT! OH HOW I LOVE A CHALLENGE! Maybe that's why I dropped a pound.
Thanks for the recipe link Jess, I clicked on it and see I'll have to come back to it after Thanksgiving when I can spend more time browsing.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I'm sure we'll not hear from many today with the preparations for the holiday.
Isabella...You can just watch us all gain weight since your Thanksgiving is over!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-25-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #183  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to run by and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!! I'll be leaving work at 2:00 today, picking up a few last minute groceries, and then home to start cooking. This year, we're all going down to my daughter's house in Berkely, MA, which is about an hour and 15 minutes from us. Her in-laws will be there, too. SOOOOO, I don't have to do a turkey. Amazing. I've never not done a turkey - not in about 35 years! Of course I'm doing a smaller (13-pounder) one for us at home. My local son-in-law was lamenting the lack of leftovers, and I couldn't help but take pity on him. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!! Never mind that my favorite part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers, too!!! ) I'm bringing a ham to dinner, and corn muffins - a specialty of mine. Mostly, I'm awfully happy to be having four days off - and with my son-in-law off from school already, I didn't have to go to my daughter's this morning to stay with her while my DH dropped our granddaughter off at school, either. I slept late! (6:00). Felt good. I've been fighting a cold - just keeping it at bay by taking cold medicine every four hours. We also have to do some car shopping over the holiday weekend. Omigosh, Once I start to chat, I never can get myself stopped! So much to do, too. Hmmm, Bobbi & Lynn, I'm finding this stepping challenge of yours pretty interesting. I might want to join in after the holidays - too late to WIN any challenges, but fun on a day-to-day basis for me, I'm thinking.
Okay, wishing everyone - Bobbi, Lynn, Freda, Isabella, Gayle, Karen, Rosey, Donna....and anyone I've unintentionally missed...a very Happy (calorie-free) Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Z
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #184  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Guide to Thanksgiving
Eggnog, 1 cup, 343 calories
Candied Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 cup, 150 calories
Turkey, 6 oz (dark and white), 340 calories
Stuffing, 1/2 cup, 180 calories
Cranberry Sauce, 1/2 cup, 190 calories
Gravy, 1/2 cup, 150 calories
Green Bean Casserole, 1/2 cup, 250 calories
Dinner roll, 1, 110 calories
Pecan pie, 1 slice, 480 calories
Apple pie, 1 slice, 410 calories
Pumpkin pie, 1 slice, 340 calories----- Janice Taylor
Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #185  
Donna

Good Morning!

Have you noticed how SLOW this site is to post our postings? I always think I've been lost in cyberlalaland...

Have a lovely, lovely holiday, ALL! Our gathering will be very small, just me, my sister, and my mom. I'm bringing a turkey breast, instead of the whole bird... it'll be a nice time!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...I'm liking this stepper challenge, so glad you challenged me. Just before bed I update my Winter challenge, I was going to type in 400 steps. Then I checked your steps out and noticed you did 500, so out I went and jumped on the stepper to equal you. THIS IS GREAT! OH HOW I LOVE A CHALLENGE! Maybe that's why I dropped a pound.
I'll see you and raise you 100 - planning on 150 x 4 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
My local son-in-law was lamenting the lack of leftovers, and I couldn't help but take pity on him. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!! Never mind that my favorite part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers, too!!! )

Hmmm, Bobbi & Lynn, I'm finding this stepping challenge of yours pretty interesting. I might want to join in after the holidays - too late to WIN any challenges, but fun on a day-to-day basis for me, I'm thinking.
Okay, wishing everyone - Bobbi, Lynn, Freda, Isabella, Gayle, Karen, Rosey, Donna....and anyone I've unintentionally missed...a very Happy (calorie-free) Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Z
I used to be able to blame my DD or DH for having ice cream, pastry... in the house. Now, I have to blame the cats!

Just jump into our step challenge - it's not actually part of my challenge, just something Bobbi and I kind of "stepped" into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Guide to Thanksgiving
Eggnog, 1 cup, 343 calories
Candied Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 cup, 150 calories
Turkey, 6 oz (dark and white), 340 calories
Stuffing, 1/2 cup, 180 calories
Cranberry Sauce, 1/2 cup, 190 calories
Gravy, 1/2 cup, 150 calories
Green Bean Casserole, 1/2 cup, 250 calories
Dinner roll, 1, 110 calories
Pecan pie, 1 slice, 480 calories
Apple pie, 1 slice, 410 calories
Pumpkin pie, 1 slice, 340 calories----- Janice Taylor
Hey Jess,

I just gave up on counting this week - NOT a good idea. That scale just keeps climbing - despite all my steps. I will pull it back together next week.

Gravy and dressing are cooking - cranberry sauce and pumpkin pies are made. Just have the turkey for tomorrow.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-25-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #187  

Just wanted to jump in and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Actually, we're not having dinner (Officially) untill the weekend. The kids are going to the other grandma's for dinner. I haven't quite decided what we will do. But we still have to eat and I have to make something. I'm going light in anticipation of the holiday though.

For the Holiday dinner I'm resolving not to totally over do. This is not the last Thanksgiving i'll see and I am going to eat well but not over do. My birthday is coming up soon and then Christmas. Lots of other reasons to celebrate with food. Small amounts of the things I really enjoy and I'm not feeling guilty for not eating the things that I don't, just because some thinks (you just have to taste this).

Lynn and Bobbi, that challenge is getting interesting!! How I wish I could join in. Maybe we can have another one when I am finally able to walk again.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #188  
Bobbi

Lynn...You're on baby cakes!

Quote:
I'll see you and raise you 100 - planning on 150 x 4 today.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #189  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends. Have a great day with family and friends.

Gone shopping today as no holiday in Canada. Christmas and grocery shopping with DIL and Baby. I'm skipping my walk today and will bike tonight. I'll get in a bit of walking at the mall and grocery stores so that'll give me a bit of leg work.

Must go get dressed and do my hair.

Catch you all later.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #190  
Bobbi

I'm signing in here for the challenge, 2 points earned on Thanksgiving day. I can't get into the challenge?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #191  
Donna

Finally!

Bobbi, I love the crabby Maxine!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. And I'm glad we finally were about to get on this site! It is definitely having issues........
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #192  
Bobbi

Finally, it's fixed! Maybe they purposely choose Thanksgiving to get the bugs out knowing we're too busy with family to chat?
I didn't count calories but did eat two servings of Fiber One so I know I got over 40 grams of fiber. I had 1-1/2 piece of cheesecake, that's the only really bad thing I ate. My gravy was fat free, I ate only turkey breast. The spuds had lots of real butter, but worth every bite, yum. I made butternut squash that had a butter/flour/brown sugar and almonds on top, double yum. Tiffany brought a green salad that had sugared nuts and cranberries in it and tosses with sweet Italian dressing. I was so full that I skipped supper, I did eat that 2nd bowl of Fiber One before bed and that's it. How about the rest of you, what did you have?
Jess...Maxine is my favorite old bat, I have a Canadian friend that sends me lots of cartoons of Maxine. She is a riot!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello!! I sure hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We did. I had my two brothers, my sister and my Aunt over. There was a lot of food left over that I sent on home with everyone. Did keep some turkey breast though. We didn't eat until about 2:00 so I didn't want any supper for sure. Take care....sure hope these bugs get fixed.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #194  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello ~

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving day ~ thought about you all, but wasn't able to get on here every time I tried ~ kept getting a "server too busy try again" message. Glad to be able to get on here again.

Take care ~ Gayle
Old 11-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #195  
Donna

Bobbi, since you like Maxine, I hope you like this one. It's kind of my mantra!!

LOVELY day today. Lunch out tomorrow, so it's back to OP on Saturday! I think I'll be ready.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maxine - Butt Jiggle.jpg (7.7 KB, 5 views)
Closed Thread