Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:41 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Everyone,
Yesterday, I saw Frost Nixon. That was quite a movie!
Today, I'm going to visit an ex-neighbor who was committed to a nursing home last month for altzheimers. Then, later this afternoon, I'm going to see my Little Sister and the baby.

I hit 154 this morning. Still up from my LOW weight of 145.8, but, at least, headed in the right direction.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-06-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #47  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Good work Lynn! You are inspiring!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, Chickies, hope everybody has a great day . . .
Old 02-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #49  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
I'm off to hold hubby's hand when he gets some blood work done. He's a fraidy-cat and just about passed out last time. Catch ya all later.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea View Post
Good work Lynn! You are inspiring!
Hi Sea,

Weight loss journey -
1st 10 pounds - March 15, 2007 - June 15, 2007 (3 months)
2nd 10 pounds - June 15, 2007 - September 20, 2007 (3 months)
3rd 10 pounds - Sept 20, 2007 - February 20, 2008 (5 months)
4th 10 pounds - Feb 20 2008 - ?

Lowest weight this journey - 145.8

I started this journey almost 2 years ago. Took me about a year to lose the first 30 pounds. I've been fooling around in the 150's for the past year. I'm determined to get to 140 by this summer.

If I could give one piece of advice it is - stay positive & don't give up. We all have plenty of setbacks. So what! The key is to get back on the right path asap.

Lynn
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning!
I'm off to hold hubby's hand when he gets some blood work done. He's a fraidy-cat and just about passed out last time. Catch ya all later.
Hi Bobbi,

Whenever I must have medical procedures that I'm afraid of, I use the following mantra -

"Worse things have happened to nicer people."

Helps me get through just about anything.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....Supposed to warm up today and even warmer tomorrow, but if we don't get some clouds I can't see warm tonight. Started to pack for trip and found I had filed my packing list from last year. After all these years I finally figured out that I basically take the same stuff so same list works. DAH!

Last year I worried about staying OP away from home and the only problem I had was eating enough. Missed most of my dinners down there. And lunch was barely anything....so this time am taking vegies and other portable finger foods. Think will take some SB bars too.

Have to cook a storm so DH and Dash have meals. Leave them stuff Dh loves and I don't enjoy...like my world famous meatloaf! Ugh....my mama made the nastiest meatloaf and to this day I can't swallow even a taste of meatloaf. She used big hunks of bread that soaked up the grease ...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Think I'll take some of DH's instant low sugar oatmeal. Not the best OP but would cover breakfast better than begal the motel offers.

Did I tell you what happened with the one gal on our team. Bob called her in Minn this Fall to ask if she would play. We did not know she was in the hospital with multiple major surgeries and that her kids had been called home to say goodbye! Her husband told her about the call and she looked up and said tell him I'll be ready. So she got better and is playing!!!!! She says that that was the moment she decided to live.....phew..... We are not going to play for the win but to celebrate Judy's Life! Just telling this story has me in tears again. I will love being Captain this time.

Boy, you can tell my life revolves around the bridge table. We had 30 tables yesterday. All time club record. Am directing the 20th.....so better start thinking about enough snacks for a horde. Saw the Pillsbury bakeoff the other night and guy won his section with salmon/presto wrapped in little pieces of pie crust.....have to think of something like that....be interesting.

I love my new hearing aid....It is so comfortable that I have to remember to take it out at bedtime. Did not realize that the old ones felt like someone had their thumb in my ear until now.

Our poor friends the snowbirds who decided to stay North this Winter are having a tough time with Feb cabin fever. They have a long history of dumb choises, but this is probably one of their stupiest ones. Imagine having a place in South Fl and staying up in NJ all Winter. They rented their house out so they can't come down until the end of March.

Boy this turned into a long note....Off to pack.....Karen3
Old 02-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #53  

Good Morning Everyone,

No special plans today. Will focus on my course - only 1 more week to go.

Lynn
Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #54  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. Yesterday was a total write-off. I baked again. Made brownies from a mix and had to doctor them up with orange zest and juice and did the same with the frosting. My, they were good. Fortunately, I cut them in 36 pieces for the 9-inch pan so at least the portions were small. And chocolate is not one of my trigger foods. I was just enjoying them, not binging. Didn't get in any exercise, either but I was really busy doing something. Can't even remember what I was doing now. Ha, ha. Someone will soon be visiting me in a nursing home. Today I've been eating much better.

DH and his siblings and mother have gone to the hospital to be with his father who is having surgery as I type. His heart is weak and the doctor couldn't guarentee his safe return from the operating room. It's his gall bladder that they're removing. He's been having attacks for weeks now and it could not be put off any longer. So I'm just waiting to hear how things are going.

We have a beautiful sunny day here but quite cold. The sun is pouring in through the patio door windows and it seems like it's summer until I look out the window.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #55  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

OMG . . . chocolate is such a trigger for me.

And a rousing Good Morning and happy Sunday for all . . .
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
OMG . . . chocolate is such a trigger for me.

And a rousing Good Morning and happy Sunday for all . . .
I found a box of 70% chocolate pieces (1 oz wrapped pieces) at 50 cals/piece; 4 carbs at GNC Vitamin Store.

BTW, how come you're missing from this month's Accountability thread?

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #57  

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in PA. Feels like Spring. I'm getting pretty psyched by the possibility of hitting 150 lbs by the end of this month. Going to add a new Feb Goal ticker.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Lynn
Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #58  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Afternoon...............I just have a quick comment before I venture into town for some groceries and visiting my dad/family.
Lynn.... Why the need for two kinds of cream cheese? I'm going to pick up some blueberries and try this simple recipe but I always use fat free. Thanks for the recipe.

Quote:
4 oz lo-fat cream cheese, softened
4 oz non fat cream cheese, softened
Old 02-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Afternoon...............I just have a quick comment before I venture into town for some groceries and visiting my dad/family.
Lynn.... Why the need for two kinds of cream cheese? I'm going to pick up some blueberries and try this simple recipe but I always use fat free. Thanks for the recipe.
The lo-fat is somewhat more creamy. Gives it a nicer consistency.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #60  

Good Morning, Everyone,

I'm off to walk the canal with my friend this morning - enjoying our premature Spring weather.

Check back later,

Lynn
Closed Thread