Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 02-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #107  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Didn't do so good over valentines weekend. Daughter gave me a rose and a box of toffee ~ I wish I had thought and given back the toffee ~ kicking myself. Then had some brownies and son's girlfriend baked a heart shaped cake and brought to us. I do not resist temptation very well. Their hearts were in the right place.

Always some stressful thing going on or something causing worries. Last week ~ Corbin not wanting to go to school ~ kids picking on him ~ worryied about that. This week, son Jason feeling bummed ~ feels that he has gotten himself into yet another relationship that isn't turning out well. He wants so badly to find someone who he can settle down with. I just want him to be happy. Makes my heart ache to see him looking so miserable. Heard today that a lump was found in my brother's jaw when he had an MRI to check his head after an auto accident. Mom has recently been started on an alzheimers medication.

On the up side ~ Corbin is here visiting ~ that brings me a smile. Got to hug on Maddie a little yesterday. Mommy had fixed her hair in little pigtails ~ she doesn't have much hair ~ so they stick straight out like a little paint brush bristle ~ but it looks cute. I will get a picture on here.

Well, I'd better quit fooling around on here ~ time to do some more getting ready for work.

Take care
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,

Didn't do so good over valentines weekend. Daughter gave me a rose and a box of toffee ~ I wish I had thought and given back the toffee ~ kicking myself. Then had some brownies and son's girlfriend baked a heart shaped cake and brought to us. I do not resist temptation very well. Their hearts were in the right place.

Always some stressful thing going on or something causing worries. Last week ~ Corbin not wanting to go to school ~ kids picking on him ~ worryied about that. This week, son Jason feeling bummed ~ feels that he has gotten himself into yet another relationship that isn't turning out well. He wants so badly to find someone who he can settle down with. I just want him to be happy. Makes my heart ache to see him looking so miserable. Heard today that a lump was found in my brother's jaw when he had an MRI to check his head after an auto accident. Mom has recently been started on an alzheimers medication.

On the up side ~ Corbin is here visiting ~ that brings me a smile. Got to hug on Maddie a little yesterday. Mommy had fixed her hair in little pigtails ~ she doesn't have much hair ~ so they stick straight out like a little paint brush bristle ~ but it looks cute. I will get a picture on here.

Well, I'd better quit fooling around on here ~ time to do some more getting ready for work.

Take care
Hi Gayle,

Hang in there.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #109  

I relate. I wanted to break the 170 mark by the end of FEb but that is not going to happen. I have to try to remember to live every day and really get into it and not base my whole life on the scale or what I achieve with wt or dont'

Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #110  

Hi Everyone,

My SIL is having shoulder surgery today. I'm staying close to home in case my DD needs help. I believe they are sending him home immediately after the surgery - probably an insurance thing.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #111  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Chocolate lovers cake, I haven't tried it yet and will possibly substitute some applesauce for 1/2 the butter. This is suppose to be runny in the center, anyone tried this kind of cake before? It was on the Sparks recipe this morning and I thought I'd make it for DH. (He's the chocolate lover in our family)

Chocolate Muck Muck Cake

Rated: Prep Time: 20 MinutesReady In: 30 MinutesSubmitted By: Bob CodyCook Time: 7 MinutesServings: 6"This makes six individual cakes similar to chocolate decadence. Melted chocolate is mixed with eggs sugar and flour and baked at high heat for only 7 minutes."
Ingredients:
7 (1 ounce) squares finely chopped
bittersweet chocolate
14 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 eggs
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:

2 of 2Directions: (continued)
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly spray 6 - 3 inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.2.Place chopped chocolate and butter in a metal bowl. Set bowl above a saucepan of lightly simmering water and melt until completely smooth and even. Remove from heat and stir in eggs and yolks with a whisk. Lastly, stir in powdered sugar and flour.3.Bake in preheated oven for exactly 7 minutes. The cake may appear under-baked. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #112  
Lifetime Loser

Hi Ladies, I was surprised to see so many faces that I know are still here.

I am still working on my weight and making some progress since I first started at 3fc a couple years ago, many ups and downs but finally slow progress.

Think I am finally use to living in Ohio, spent some time in Florida in Jan. helped to see my son down there again and our friends...this does seem like home here now. Cold but home.

I am on a low protein & sodiumn food plan with a dietitian so hopefully lose some more pounds soon.

Have a new puppy, 12 wks. old...weighs 4 lbs. and full of energy and love...what a joy she is.

Phyllis

Last edited by floridarusty; 02-17-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #113  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sorry that I'm not very chatty lately . . . this long drawn out winter is really getting to me.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

4 meowee

put on your favorite tune, crank that bad boy up and DANCE!!!!

springs a commin!!!

I'm just lurking around.....
doing well on my WOE...
I'm pretty proud of myself, went out to dinner Valentines Day with our dear friends, didn't want to put everyone off by not having wine, HELD MYSELF TO 1/8 CUP!!!!

this is a true NSV for me!!!

no more alcohol though until BMI<obese level........

stayed over nite with my bud who had surgery yesterday (i'm too old 4 that nite shift thing..) good news NO Cancer!!!!! thank you Jesus....

the wall paper is down, but I'm not moving very quickly on the painting.,..

hang in there everybody......

where's that seed catalog???? where's my coffee?????
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 180/173.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone:

Looks like we all survived Valentine's Day!

We had a family dinner at my niece's for V-Day which was better for us than going out to dinner, and more fun. Turkey with all the fixings, and I was a good girl and ate the protein, avoided most of the gravy and starch, and skipped dessert. <g> Luckily I love turkey and it's no hardship to chow down on it.

Our local 'Biggest Loser' club had its weekly weigh-in last night, and I am down six and a half pounds. It's been a month, and I had hoped I'd be down at least by ten pounds after this long, but I'm not going to complain! At least I continue to lose, even though it's slow going.

I started using a stabilizer ball and find I really like it. It's got about a pound of sand in it which helps weight it down so that it doesn't roll away, making the balancing exercises easier. I am also doing 'Walk Away the Pounds' three times a week. Can't wait until all of the snow melts and I can get out there and walk for real. We live a mile and a half from town and walking to town and back is a great little trek, since we live on the hill and that walk back up to the farmhouse is a killer.

Hang in there! February is almost over and spring is right around the corner!

farmgirl
Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 180/173.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Post moved over from the January thread

Hi all:

Bobbi asked me to move a post over, you will find it below:

Grabec posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabec:

"I am very discouraged with my wt loss regime. I have been eating two salads a day and not loosing any weight. Now, I love a lite frappachino with a bunch of no calorie sweetners in the mornings and I am wondering if this one drink could have so many calories in it that it is cancelling out all my great works of just eating 2 salads every day. Also, not doing much exercising at all but boy do I feel empty in the mornings when I get up but the scale is just so stubborn. I am going to have to do something different if I don't start getting some results by tomorrow because there is no way I can keep this two salads deal a day up and not loose an ounce day after day after day."

Below is my response:

"grabec, it doesn't sound as if you're eating enough to keep your metabolism up. Your body might think you're trying to starve it, and it will respond by storing all it can. If you are only eating two salads a day then you're not giving yourself enough for your metabolism to work with.

I found out the hard way that you have to eat to lose. Small meals, every two to three hours, will net you better and faster results. That morning frap you are drinking should not be making a difference at all. I have a large cup of coffee every morning with sugar-free Torani syrup and vanilla creamer (also sugar free) and that doesn't seem to affect me. I also eat salad at least once a day, sometimes for lunch and dinner, but I also eat a lot of fruit and I drink a gallon of water a day. And I force myself to eat protein once a day even though I am not big on meat and fish. It's the small, frequent meals that work for me.

I'm 54 and I know it will be tougher for me to lose weight because of my age, menopause, etc. But it is coming off, albeit slowly. I bet yours will, too. Don't lose heart, and do eat. I really think the frequent small meals will help you."

farmgirl
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #117  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
What a beautiful winter wonderland outside my window, it's snowing really hard and all our spruce trees are laden with snow. I should take a picture and use for 2009 Christmas cards.
6.5 pound down, good job farmgal.
Nice to hear from you fluffy, where have you been?
Phyllis......Hi again! You've been absent for a long time, I'd forgotten that you moved.
You'll have to change your name to Oh-Hi-Rusty
Isabella...I checked out the calorie challenge. I really need a shorter one since I only have a couple of pounds to lose. If I don't find one or start one on my own, I'll join your's March 1st. Thanks for the invite.
Lynn...how's your friend doing after surgery?
Glynne...Join the club, that's why we are members of the 3FC.
Quote:
I do not resist temptation very well.

Meowee...are you out of the dumps yet? Would you please close the January thread, I don't know how to do that.
We had a whole roasted chicken Monday, ate left-overs last night and today I'm making chicken soup with left-over chicken and bones. I better get my day started, have a good one.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....I am here, but already in my fast track. The chore list keeps getting longer and time shorter. Thursday have game cooking, vet appt, pie for a hostess gift and then fish fry at 6pm....need a haircut and no free time.

Linda...Look at the short things. We only have 10 days left to Feb. We all love you and worry about you when you get this quiet. If it gets really bad hug a cat!

Lynn...Hope SIL did okay!

Phyllis...OMG girl I missed waving to you on Rt95! Glad you're back!

Farmgirl....Good advice!

Just missing YoYo and Karen........New job New house??????????????

Back to my panic mode....Karen3
Old 02-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #119  

Good Morning,

My son-in-law's shoulder surgery was a LOT more than we expected. He was in surgery for over 3 hours & they kept him in the hospital overnight. Most likely, he will be coming home today. I stopped by this morning with coffee for him and my DD - he was in a LOT of pain.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Morning everybody.
My good friends are doing well, one with her scary heart racing<---ablation and meds seem to be working, and the other with her surgery for her abdominal mass<---not cancer thank the Lord.
My kids are driving me nuts....just struggling over school work etc. the usual high school kid stuff. You'd think I'd be used to it as these are number 3 and 4.
Doing well on my WOE....weight coming off but very slowly.
Ordered some used cook books for the low carb WOE that I'm doing....first one looks really good!
Hang in there everybody! Spring is coming!
Closed Thread