Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #1  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default Hormonal deficiency, weight issues

Has anyone else had a full hysterectomy, followed up with dreaded weight issues?

In all honesty I'm not using any HRTs and think they might assist me through this.
Asside from yams I'mnot aware of natural hormone food.
reason I'm not getting HRTs, Money has been tight. The plan was to go to a naturopath; however my husband's well being has been first priority. He's now on insulin. His eyes and other health issues are expensive. I am frustrated at the cravings (and laziness) Stress can really make them worse.
I am drinking a tea to cut them but my weight jumped from 150ish to almost 200 before renewing my goals here @3FCs.

Does anyone have advice for me? Have you, are you struggling with this too? Thank you for any info you might share.

Last edited by Desire2b; 09-19-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I had a complete hysterectomy in 1997. I could tell no difference with my weight issues before vs after. The older your get the more things simply slow down I think.

I actually had a period right after on estrogen (no progesterone) to help stabilize things for about a year. They strongly recommended this tapered off approach instead of wham. FWIW estrogen makes you gain, not lose I think...

I was 42 when I had my surgery. The past year I started using vaginal estrogen, which insurance does not see as "necessary" even though it helps maintain pelvic floor integrity and helps prevent urinary leakage in addition to keeping the vaginal walls thick and strong and moist. Very expensive. GRRR this for a drug that has been around since the 1930s.

I am doing a sugar and flour free approach that is genuinely helping me with cravings.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #3  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

grannynancy,
I'm sorry that you have the side effects, that teally sounds difficul and the costs of the meds do sound unfortunate. Pharma greed. You sound like your diet is helping with your cravings and wt loss pursuits.

I had to have the surgery and there wasn't time to transitionto it. Wish it had happened like that. I was 44 for mine. I have conditions that weren't squashed by my plumbing being removed. Regretfully I have Endometriosis and pcos still. They suck for weight loss. My living with less carbs is my best weightloss defense. Unfortunately my cravings can hit even when I'm on a long stretch of eating right.
My energy level is what I want worst of all. The hormones in my body are minimal.

Last edited by Desire2b; 09-21-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Desire2B. The hormone treatment after the surgery is to treat the Endometriosis. I had it so bad they had to remove 12" of small intestine. If you had a full hysterectomy the ovaries are gone and PCOS should be a non issue..They did the hormones for a year then tapered me off.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote