View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:17 AM   #6
Heather

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

What a motivational thread!! I really love what kate and funniegrrl said. I haven't yet come very far in this whole endeavor, and am still in the process of making many of the changes kate mentioned. But its different for me this time around -- and the biggest difference is that I approach every situation I can with the question: is the food I want NOW worth the cost to my body (both now and in the future)? Occasionally yes, but usually no. I have found that since I started looking at my choices in this way that it has become easier to make the healthy choices every day.

I also really appreciate hearing the words of wisdom about motivation. I am still at the point where my motivation is pretty high -- though I can feel the change in motivation as some things have gotten a bit tough around here. I can tell that one reason I am holding strong is because of some of the changes I have made that have started to become 2nd nature (e.g., bringing healthy food to work). I can also start to see the places where I do not yet have my practices automated... work for the future.

Thanks for your wisdom.

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote