Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 AM   #1  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Default Wednesday's Winning Words

Happy Humpday!!!

Ah, the alliteration abounds!

Well sistas, here we are. 6:35 on the first day of school. My stomach is in knots (or is that early morning hunger?), my day is all scripted and planned out (although I'll sit in my office for HOURS tweaking said script), and my sweet little kitten is running around the apartment confused as **** that I'm up before her.

The good news: I'm watching the sun rise. I might take my breakfast out on my patio this morning. Wouldn't that be so quaint? It's an attractive idea.

I have good news about yesterday, too. Packing my lunch in a bag and taking it to the departmental thing was a VERY good idea. Turned out they didn't have pizza at all. They had chicken salad, croissants, brownies, etc. But you know what? I didn't even want the other food. My meal was perfect. And some of my colleagues came up to me and asked me why I was brown bagging it when there was food for free, and I explained that it was because I already lost 11 pounds, why stop? Lol. And I think I've inspired some people to (at the very least) become more aware with what they're putting in their mouths as well as how much activity they're getting in a day. So, a pretty successful day, I'd say.

*sigh* I'm so nervous right now. But I was reminded yesterday (by my parents) that these kids are first-semester freshmen. They don't know ANYTHING about college (which they are aware of), so they're much more nervous than I am. And if I at least just don't come across as nervous, then I stand a pretty good chance of fooling them into thinking I have a stupendous confidence level. Lol. I just have such high hopes for this semester and for my students...I don't want to ruin them.

Well, I better go. I still need to go get dressed, put on my make-up, and eat breakfast on my patio. Lol.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies!!!
~Amanda
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  

I only have a couple seconds, but I just had to come on and say...

Amanda-You'll do great!!

Lori-I am so glad to see you posting!! I have been wondering how you are doing. You are taking a great step to get back on track. Sometimes we have to set aside certain things to attend to what life is throwing at us. The trick is to pick it back up as soon as you can. You've had a ton to deal with in a very short time and you've fabulously well. We're all here for ya, SISTA!!

Ok time to round up some lunch for the kiddos, have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #3  

LOL that is so weird, my post went in front of Lori's!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  
THICK and tired of it

First of all- AMANDA!!! Good luck today- but I don't think you'll need it! You're a super sista, and your kids, I'm sure, are going to adore you. Remember I said that if you want to vent or cry about teaching to me, I'll listen- I remember how nervous I was teaching for the first time last year! School doesn't start for me until the 29th, so I am rushing to get my assignments made up and my thesis chapter finished and all that jazz, but I am here in your boat, on your team, yadda yadda yadda... Just you wait until you see those little scared faces looking at you- your confidence will soar. You're capable of this, and you will be grand.

OK. So, I'm back. I've been home for a while, but unable to get myself to post- why? Don't know. I'm a depressed, anxiety ridden, worried, nervous wreck and I haven't been able to motivate myself to do even simple things lately. But now I'll try.

I have to say, in the whirlwind of the last two weeks, I've not been able to track points or eat healthy, and I fear I've gained a few pounds back. Sob. But it's ok, I'm back on track now and that armadillo will move somewhere this saturday- probably the wrong way, but movement is movement and it beats hiding out under the covers because I don't want to face my problems.

Update on my bro- he's ok, he's in a state hospital that treats mental illness and chemical dependency and will be there for 45 days. He's doing much better already, and it is now out of my hands, and in hands much more capable. I'm going to start attending Al-Anon meetings and that, I hope, will help me get a handle on myself. So thats that.

The rest of you- HH, where are you? Maggie will be gone? Boo hoo! But you other sistas- I've been reading, even though I haven't been able to get myself to post, and I'm keeping tabs on you- you guys are AWESOME! Keep up the good work, girls- you really do inspire me....

More to come...

L
Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #5  

Amanda hope your class went exceedinly well I too am a teacher. But at the junior high level. So I know your fears. Remember you hold the power of the grade But I know your real fear is you want to impart your love of the english language to them. I think your enthusiasm for your subject will take you far. So proud of you on the lunch, doesn't it make you feel so good to be in control! We just always need to go that extra and be prepared.

Glad Lori your brother is getting the help he needs.I grew up with an alcholic I know the pains. You going to AlAnon is great!

I think the back/kidneys are doing better I at least got some sleep last night.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #6  

Luflic, I am glad you are feeling better!

It's kind of quiet around here today, huh? Well off to cook some dinner, burgers and corn on the grill. I am also experimenting with some summer squash and zucchini.

take care everyone!
Old 08-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #7  

Thanks Misty me too! I love the summer squash and zucchini hope it turns out good for you.

HH you should be back online by now. Your sistas all miss ya and are pulling for you.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 PM   #8  
THICK and tired of it

Ah, Misty- your "experiments" sound yummy- let us know how they turn out! We're having fresh beets for dinner tonight- straight from my dad's garden. Up until now, we have only had canned beets, so I hope we're going to like these even better!

Thanks for the support, everyone- It's funny, how attached I feel to all of you, how we're not only a weight loss group but a real support network... I never expected to find this sort of fellowship, but I must say, it is helping me keep on track with WW and also keep my spirits up- Sometimes it is hard to find something to smile about (we've all had those days, no?) but this forum always perks me up a little.

Ah, sappy me... I love you sistas!!!

Ok, wanna talk about emotional eating?? I figured out today that I can eat an entire can of fat free pringles (not reduced fat, fat FREE) for 7 points. I feel naughty, but it could have been worse...
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #9  

So how did they taste? I haven't had those. I agree with you the fellowship here is good!;0
Old 08-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #10  

Hey, Sistas! I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but I have certainly been reading everyone's posts!

Amanda, how did class go? I also work at an university, and we're so swamped!! I can't wait until Thanksgiving break!!

Luflic, I'm glad you're feeling better.

A whole can of fat free Pringles is only 7 points. Hook me up with those!!!

Lori, it's good to hear about your brother. Hopefully he's somewhere that he'll receive the help he needs.

Hi to everyone! I'm going to try to go on a quick walk before I drift asleep!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #11  
THICK and tired of it

The FF pringles rock- I tried a little experiment of comparing regular, reduced fat, and FF and I find that the FF isn't as melt-in-your-mouth light and crispy, but the FF ones are just great! Try them out!

Here's the story on the beets: They were taking forever to cook (boiling in water) so we just let them go while we ate the rest of our dinner only to find on our return to the kitchen that all the water had boiled away and the beets were burnt in the bottom of the pan!!!

A stinky, stinky mess. We'll try again...
Closed Thread