Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #1  
getting healthy

Talking Hello everyone

Hello all,

I just found this site today and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Gina and I am 24 year old SAHM to a little boy and happily married. I've been trying for the past 5 years to lose weight and be a decent weight again. I am doing it again and hope this is the last time. I look forward to getting to know everyone here, you all seem like great people. Much thanks from a newbie!!

--Gina
Old 07-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #2  
Amanda

Default Tell me more!! :)

Hi Gina! I'm 26 with a 4 1/2 year old and I'm also happily married (which is nice to hear someone else saying it - so few people are anymore!!) Well, since this is a weight loss community let me ask the big question - what are you looking to lose? I would love to have a buddy that liked to post a note each evening or so. I'm on each night - love the internet! I just need someone to give support on the hard evenings and someone to share the daily joys with that might not even have anything to do with weight loss

Let me know if you're in the same boat!

Amanda
Old 07-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #3  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Wow, 3 happily married people in the same thread? LOL what are the odds of that happening?

I am a 27yo, sahm to 2 boys who are 6 (friday) and 20mth. My dh is in the Navy but not currently on a ship so I see him a lot more than I used to. We are currently trying for kiddo #3 but I am losing weight while we wait. I am following the south beach diet and I like it a LOT!!

I think I might post my IM info on here sometime but if you'd like it, send me a private message.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #4  
getting healthy

Well it is nice to see some responses I have a bit more weight to lose than both of you, around 60 lbs But my goal for now is to drop 40. I am currently counting calories, eating healthier and trying to be more active. It's been working so far, so I want to keep on going! I would be more than glad to post notes or chat with both of you, I go online a lot, especially at night. Glad to hear you are happily married too...seems to be the minority anymore. I usually chat with AOL Instant Messenger even though I don't use AOL. My screename is shortygal2o1, or I have it entered into the site here. So if you'd like to talk more, drop me a post on here or message me anytime Maybe we could all have a group chat or something sometime, thanks again for the replies!

--Gina

Current goal:

Last edited by shortygal; 07-06-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  
Amanda

Gina - ahhhh don't worry about what we need to lose. We'll just all do it together
FL_mom are you in? I think we should just check in when we can. Add eachother to the buddy list available on here and send a note when we need a helping hand or a caring ear.
Today was a good day for me food wise. I actually put a piece of pizza back on the pan instead of eating it. Plus I only had one sugar free fudgesicle tonight (even though I really wanted two!!!) I love that people that invented something chocolatey that is only 45 calories!!!!
Anyway I'm back to my "maintain" weight as I call it this morning. 155.5. I've hit 154 before but only for a day. 155 is my easy weight. I can yo-yo back to it almost easily it seems. Just can't get below it. I suppose I should blame it on the one 45 calories fudgesicle right !!!!
Anyway, I'm a walker and an elliptical machine junky. We just bought a home two months ago and to walk my neighborhood is 2 miles and it's a perfect de-stresser when I get home. I didn't walk tonight though - not even sure why i didn't. Anyway..
How are you gals doing?
Share your successes - they are sure to help motivate all of us.
Amanda - good luck gals
Old 07-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #6  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Smile

I am done typing the post but be warned, I rambled on so it is long! LOL

I am definitely in It seems 190 is my maintain weight, I seem to be able to stay at 190 no matter what I eat. Thankfully, now that I am on these new meds and following south beach, I am under that weight. My highest pregnancy weight was 215 the week I had my youngest and my highest non-preg is 205.

Gina- if you look at my tracker, my goal was 49lbs to begin with and I've lost over half that. Going by BMI, I should probably weigh about 135 or so but I looked good at 155 so that is what my goal is for now. Of course, my weight goals don't matter if I get pregnant!

My AIM is na799, I am usually set to away but since I am a sahm, I am here most of the time and can check if someone sends me an IM.

Tomorrow is my oldest kiddo's bday and he will be 6. I wasn't sure what to buy him, boys are much harder to buy for than girls imo. I ended up buying him art stuff like paper, crayons, markers, etc.. because he loves to draw. I also bought him a necklace and so did DH, one he can wear everyday and the other has a shark tooth that probably won't last long so it's more of a special occassion one. I am waiting for some computer games I got him off ebay but I don't know if they will get here by tomorrow. He knows he has a package coming in the mail though so he's been checking for it everyday.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 AM   #7  
getting healthy

Hi ladies!

Nice to hear back from you. I had a good day today, I stayed within my range and exercised Glad to hear you had a good day also Amanda. Gotta love low cal snacks hehehe. I walk also either outside around the neighborhood or inside with my Leslie Sansone tapes, which I did today along with some weights. fl_mom my son turned 6 in March, he will be starting 1st grade this year He loves action figures, cars and doing his activity booklets for math, science and reading. I can only hope he will keep that interest! He was watching me do my walking tape today and was dancing along with it lol, made me smile. It's almost the weekend, which is usually the hardest time for me with food. We go out to eat sometimes and I try to stick with healthier choices. I am not sure what we're doing this weekend yet, but if we go out I will do my best to not go overboard lol. Do you gals have any plans for the weekend? I mentioned going bowling to hubby but he isn't sure yet. We sometimes go with another couple, they have a little girl that gets along great with my son. I guess I better try to sleep, I am a bit of an insomniac and tend to be up super late. So I will talk to you ladies soon and congrats on the weight losses!

--Gina
Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #8  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Gina - your son's WATP dance had me laughing because last time I was doing my morning 1mile, I kicked over my youngest LOL He wanted me to pick him up and I kept trying to move him out of the way but still ended up kicking him outta the way. He was mad but he left me alone after that. The oldest used to do about 5 mins with me when he was about 3 but he lost interest pretty quick.

Birthday- Nathan will be in 1st grade this year too, he was the youngest kid in his class this past year and probably will be again. I was trying not to buy him toys since they get played with once or twice and then get thrown in a box.

I'd love to go bowling! We have a guy living with us right now off the ship DH used to be on, I think I'll ask him to babysit so DH and I can go this weekend or next. All of the friends I had in the area moved within the past 6mths so I don't have anyone left to babysit for me. Come to think of it, that means I have no friends here! ack

Looks like I have gotten into the habit of typing too much so I am posting this
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
getting healthy

I have accidently knocked my son while doing WATP too lol, he would just look at me like What are you doing??? He eventually learned to stay outta the way hehehe. I know what you mean about toys, I have so much here. Since he has been out of school he has been actually playing with them, along with leaving them all over different parts of the house Hubby has brought up possibly going to the movies today to see the fantastic four, which is not my sort of movie, so if that happens I will be hanging out here lol. I brought up bowling again so I hope he will get the hint The last time we went was probably a month ago, so I am up for going again. Last time we went, they had the rock n bowl and there wasn't too many people there and it was darker, so I could make a fool of myself bowling without anyone really seeing me! My son loved it too, he was dancing all over the place and did pretty good bowling, we gave the kids their own lane with the bumpers.

My hubby used to be in the Army and we used to live in AZ, we're back home in PA now though. I didn't really have friends there, so I can kinda relate. And don't worry about typing too much, because I do the very same thing haha. So I will post this before I write a book

--Gina
Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #10  
Keeper of the Cheerios

I am helping my kiddo rearrange his room but had to upload a few pics of another room on my website. I thought I would drop by and give you the link...

http://4barnes.com
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #11  
getting healthy

Nice website I noticed the yellow walls and car border is exactly the same as my son's bedroom. He also has yellow walls and the very same border Looking good We just got in from going rock n bowling, we had a great time even though I did terrible!! LOL I hope you had a good night.

--Gina
Old 07-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #12  
getting healthy

Well after my night of rock n bowling, which consisted of some pizza and some beer, I weighed myself this morning and it said I lost 3 lbs That aside I did some walking yesterday and worked with my weights, not to mention go to town cleaning my son's toy room which had to have burned some calories LOL. I feel like it's a fluke because I just can't believe it, I never lose more than 1 lb or so at a time lol. So now I have officially lost 15 lbs, yay! I hope to hear from you gals soon!

--Gina
Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #13  
Amanda

Way to go Gina on the 3 lbs. You know that I've found that some of my worst eating days are when I lose weight. I wonder if after depriving/skimping on the "goodies" after so many days that your body just actually uses sugar and fat in the "right way" (if there is such a thing). Though I wouldn't recomment doing it every day - pizza and beer are great every once and a while!!! hee hee
My husband and I enjoy social drinking every now and then but I've not drank in about a month now because it seems that EVERY time I do - I end up gaining a lb or 2 by the next morning. It's not worth the buzz to feel totally depressed the next day. I've actually found too that by laying off it for long periods that when I do go to have a drink that I'm a cheap date those nights too Doesn't take much when you don't have one that often - Ha ha.
Anyway. I've maintained weight these two days at 154 1/2. I'm begging the scales to see 153 - that would be the least I've weighed since my first year of marriage. I probably wieghed 138 when we married and it has just rose upward since then. My highest wieght was 218 with my son. 212 leaving the hospital after having him
Tell me how that math works === my son was 10 lbs 11 oz!!!! and I didn't even lose 10 lbs when I left the hospital after having him!!! (just so you know I had him natural too --- Everyone asks. Thank God for epidurals.
Anyway, my husband and I have been married 7 1/2 years. We're high school sweethearts. I started losing weight for me about a year after my son was born and I've just very slowly been maintaining and losing since then. I think that now that I've satisified my need to lose weight I feel like I want to make sure I maintain for my husband. He gives me an amazing amount of attention and I want him to always be proud of me as his wife. (don't get me wrong - he's never been negative about me...actually he's probably lied to me a couple times in the past when I asked the dreaded question "do I look fat in this" and he said "of course not honey you look great").....bless his heart!!!

I'll work on getting some pics of my family in my profile for you gals. I'm really blessed with an awesome husband and son and want to share them. Sounds like you gals are too.

FL mom keep up the losing!!! I'm so proud to see a woman on the right track before birth (or adoption). I wish I had the courage to do it before my son. I probably wouldn't have soo many stretch marks

Amanda
Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #14  
Keeper of the Cheerios

Hey all!

Amanda - I have always had stretch marks, I started out a not thin child and then when I hit puberty, the PCOS and weight gain kicked in. I actually was down to 150 when I met DH (also in high school hehe) and about 160 when we got married. I weight about 190 when DS1 was born but then my PCOS got even worse, lots of cysts and more weight gain so I ended up being 200 until a few months before I got preg with #2 when I got so stressed I lost 30lbs in about 2mths from just not eating. The week I had #2, I weighed 215 and had been between 190 -205 since then. Ds1 was 8lb8oz at 42wks and I had a c-sec for shoulder dystocia, I am not made for these boys I guess. My DS2 was 8lb7oz at 37 wks and I had to have another emergancy c-sec. They had thought he would be over 10lbs full term, I think so too LOL

Gina- we got lucky and te people that owned this house before had already painted and put up the border. We were living in base housing before moving in here so it could have been pink and I would have been happy
Sounds like your Dh finally took the hint about bowling, or did you just tell him to get in the car and went? lol I don't worry about eating off plan every so often. It doesn't seem to affect my weight loss unless I eat that way more than one night a week.

Well right now I am a little frustrated that the scale hasn't moved. I know the reasons but I would really love to see the number go down, kwim? Have a great Sunday since Saturday is already over

Angela
Old 07-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #15  
getting healthy

Hi ladies!

How is your Monday going? Mine is going alright, had a terrible time sleeping last night, so I am a bit tired. Not up for exercising today, but I'm gonna try! For the first time since I've started losing weight, I am actually able to see it on myself I believe my mid section looks a little slimmer, and possibly a little bit in my face, I hate having a pudgy face lol. So seeing that has really been a boost for me. My hubby and son are going for a walk/bike ride today, but its 90 degrees out and I said no way! I will stay in and probably do my WATP and do my weights, with my a/c! lol I hope you are having a good day, and I look forward to hearing from you Oh yeah I wanted to mention, my hubby and I are also high school sweethearts, how nice

--Gina
Closed Thread