Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #1  
Shake Your Booty!

Default Moms Losing Weight Monday #74

Welcome to the wonderful thread of Mom's losing weight.

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (7), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo). I'm counting calories and working out to Richard Simmons, I also drink a gallon of water a day.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning everyone ! Sorry for not being here all week, I was busy busy busy...plus my exhaust system on my van broke in half, so I had to walk everywhere last week, then my inlaws finally were able to come out and got here Friday afternoon and left yesterday morning. The kids got so much stuff! My MIL is a seamstress and owns her own shop, well she made the girls brand new curtains for their room and bed skirts andthey got new comfortors, she made matching throw pillows, their room looks AWESOME!

I had to change my dang ticker, we bought a digital scale the other day and when I got on it the past 2 mornings, it had me at 3 lbs heavier so I was thinking WTH, I pulled the old scale out and has me at a lb less then what it was when I got the new scale, so I have now chalked it up to that I really was over 250! But I lost 19 lbs so far so that is a plus, now I gotta get out of the 230's (I am if I get on the regular scale LOL) So thats my story and I'm sticking to it LOL!

I didn't get my DDR...I went to buy the PS but they didn't have any DDR's for PSone and I wasn't gonna spend $150 on a PS2 just to dance LOL! So I bought a new dance DVD and its hard I only got about 20 minutes done out of the 45...but I'm working on doing it all.

Penny~How is your little one? I hope all is well...your in my thoughts.

Tabitha~How is things going? I read about your April Fools Not a good thing to deal with when you have had such a rough week. How is work? Email me when you have time, I've been thinking of you.

Chris~Hope all is well your way!

Chelle~How's things on your end?

Jen~Where are you? How are you holding up? Did you get the apartment?

I'll check in again today. I missed yall last week.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 AM   #3  
I will suceed!!!

Chrissy...good morning! Sounds like the kids had a great time this weekend. I'm sorry you had car problems this weekend. I hate that.

My job turned out to be 2 or 3 hours a day only 3 maybe 4 days a week. It would barely cover the gas that it would take to get back and forth to work. Especially since they didn't want to pay me for being there the whole day when I would have to wait for some people to check out. They told me I could clock out and go home then they would call me when more rooms were empty. Whatever. I'm looking for a full time more reliable steady income as we speak.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone is doing well. Gotta get the dd off to school.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #4  

Chrissy, sorry about the van. It's always something right? Ugghhhh ggrrrrrr! Really great of MIL to make the girls new bedroom curtains and all. I bet it looks beautiful! Hand made stuff is the best! Sorry to hear about the scale thing. That happened to both MichelleRae and I when we bought new scales as well. At least you still lost the same amount. You just started a bit higher.

Tabitha, dumb practical joke for April fools. Oh well, ya never know anyway with this internet stuff. Hope you find a job that works out better for you. Great job on the exercise and all. You did great last week.

Anyway, I am gonna do some more cleaning up today. doing that spring cleaning stuff, ya know. We are supposed to have a beautiful week, so I'll take advantage of it! bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good morning! I need to get my butt in gear with posting more. I feel like I came in, said hello, and then disappeared - which isn't helping me. I can use all the support I can get. I had a horrible, horrible, completely off plan weekend. So now I must get back on track. I tossed my April goals into my siggy, so that I see it each and every time I post. I so need to be held accountable to someone other than my (wonderful) husband, who I just snap at when he asks me about my water, or my exercise, etc. Even though I've told him to ask. LOL

Hope you all have a great day!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #6  

Chris - The cat my parents have now was a stray who came to their door pregnant one day. Unfortunately, she has never taken to using the litter box on a regular basis. She doesn't have trouble getting around, and it's hard to believe she is already around 15-16 years old. My parents have been together since they were around 16, and my dad never could stand to see my mom sad about anything so the woman is spoiled We should all be so lucky, right?

Tabitha- That is an awful practical joke. I know of enough people who I "met" online who really weren't who they claimed to be so it's pretty horrible to joke about that. Sorry to hear about the job too, but things will get better.

Chrissy - The scale is still moving in slow motion for me, and it's on my nerves. I should probably hide the thing for a month or so and just focus on eating better and exercising without worrying about the numbers.

Mel- I need to be spring cleaning too. Unfortunately, I had a horrible case of insomnia last night and went to sleep at 5:30 this morning. I'm amazed I was coherent enough to get my daughter off to school.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  

Jenn- Isn't it awful what we make our poor husbands put up with while we try to make ourselves look and feel better? My husband never asks me how things are going, and he doesn't comment when he sees me snacking on chips. I guess he likes having his head where it is
Old 04-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

It is horrible, Michelle. I end up apologizing to him so much, because I tell him that I need him to hold me accountable. Then when he tries to, I am so mean. He's such a great guy though - he takes it all with a grain of salt. He is so supportive, and I couldn't ask for better.
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #9  
Shake Your Booty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejy
he doesn't comment when he sees me snacking on chips.
Chelle~ Lays Light Chips OMG they are YUMMY!!! I'm eating them right now 1 oz = 75 calories and they are so freaking good, they taste like kettle cooked chips...ahhhhhhh I bought them the other day because we were making subs for supper so I bought chips for everyone, I stood in the chip aisle and said to myself "now that sux, I'm buying them chips and I can't have any...then a lightbulb went off in my head and I figured I'd look for reduced fat chips...well they all had a ton of carbs, I saw the Lay's Light and read the ingredients and said OK we're going with this one and I LOVEEEEEEE them. LOL The scale is annoying isn't it? I find that varying my calories everyday though does help...eat between 1500 & 1800 calories...this way as we go down 20 lbs we can lower our calories to 1400 & 1700..when I get to goal I want to be able to eat 1500, 1600 a day without worry...I think if I eat that amount now, it wont help me when I get to goal ya know?

jen~My husband doesn't ask me anything, just tells me he's proud of me, when I say no thank you to icecream or I sit and have a cup of tea while my hubby and kids have a snack. But there are times I give him **** just because I can LOL! I apologize alot too, poor guy has been threw it all with me, I just made it to my 13 month anniversary of no smoking.

Mel & Tabitha!! Hi yall!! I can't wait till my van is fixed! I hate not being able to go out when I want to..I'll take a picture of the girls room after the oldest one comes home and picks up her morning junk (pjs towels, brushes, etc) Tabitha, I'm sorry the job didn't work out, I hope you find something good soon. Mel- scales annoy me LOL I am sticking with the one we just got I love it because it is so much easier to read.

BBL
Old 04-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #10  

Id like to join this group!!!

I'm 39, SAHM mom of two beautiful girls. I homeschool and am a cake decorator as well.

It's hard being home all day with the girls. I do exercise 5 times a week 45 - 60 minutes.

eating habits: LOVE BREAD AND CHEESE!!!!!!! try not to have too many carbs late in the day..hard because DH is a carb addict!! i cannot make dinner without having some for of carbs for him and the kids..

Hope to be below 199 by september..have never been able to achieve that goal yet!!
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #11  

Chrissy - I am completely addicted to Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles. I really do prefer them to the regular greasy version. I can't eat the light stuff that has olestra though since I'm one of the people it makes sick. Yey, fun!

I've been varying my calories more lately. Some days I am eating more than I think I should, and some days I end up closer to 1200-1300 calories, but in general, I end up between 1400-1600 calories just through better portion control while still eating what I like.

After my post this morning, I stepped on the scale. (I'm a scale addict, and obviously need a 12 step program ) I am finally out of the 230s! I thought it would never happen.

Welcome, chocolatecatz. I'm a carbaholic - mainly pasta and cheese. I saw someone on here post that if someone took away their carbs, they would take off a finger. That's pretty much my sentiments exactly
Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 PM   #12  
Shake Your Booty!

YAY FOR YOU!!! I bet you feel like a million bucks! I'm 229 on the old scale but my new improved scale says I'm 232.....dang things! I'm addicted to my scale to, I get on as soon as I use the bathroom in the am, then at night LOL

chocolatecatz~WELCOME!! I love my bread and pasta too, so I switched to whole wheat and I only eat 4 oz dry measure of pasta now...so I don't deprive myself
Old 04-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome chocolatecatz-So I'm assuming you like chocolate? I'm Chris, sahm mom of 3 girls. I do work a couple days a week for my dad...in a candy warehouse of all places. I love to read and have been doing alot of sewing lately. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. Whoo Hooo!

Hi Tabitha, Hi Mel, Hi Chelle, Hi Chrissy....I'll get personal later. Dinner is almost done and I best go help out before the fam. throws me away.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

It's been a long night.

4 children in one house, 2,3,4, and 5....and the 4 and 5 year old both think they are the boss. It's bedtime now, and I am trying to break my youngest of the habit of needing me to lie down with him at night....this isn't going to be easy. I'm sure sooner or later he'll get the point.

As far as the job goes, it'll be okay. I have some leads. I'll keep y'all posted.

Welcome chocolatecatz!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #15  

starting a new thread...