Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

Default Is it going to be worth it...?!?

I am new but have lurked here and comlained about needing to loose wt. for the last 2 years - Well lately I think I may have turned the corner into actually doing it......I just took a piece of easter candy out of the candy jar at work, unwrapped it half way and thought, Is this really worth the anger/torment you will put yourself through after eating it?.....and I actually said NO and I threw it AWAY!!! For the last month I have been working out consistantly - I am now up to 2 miles a day and yoga or pilates in the a.m. for 20 minutes.......Now hopefully I will continue to turn the bad foods down and keep focused on the fresh stuff.....well off to lunch. Sorry to post this but I was just so dang proud of myself that I had to share it with someone.

Pam
pmteub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #2  

I did the same thing last night in my dozing stage before sleep, got the peanut butter jar off the shelf and started to open it and then thought of all I had accomplished yesterday and put it back and went to bed but boy, was it hard
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #3  

That's a great post! No need to apologize for posting, that's what the boards are for, even if it's a terrible post.

Good for you. "Is it worth it?" is a very important question to ask. It's help me avoid problems many times. And, good job on the activity, too -- that's the most difficult part for some people.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:38 PM   #4  

Don't apologize for the post! That is one of the main reasons I read this board so that I can read posts that I can relate to and boy can I relate to fighting off the urge to eat something bad for me.

I struggle with this almost every night. I am a semi-recovering night eater so I fight with myself on whether or not I should eat this or eat that. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I don't. However, I'm not eating as much as I used to.

I think it's great that you put the candy back - it's harder than it sounds.
lovtolaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Ive done it myself making the kid a peanut butter sandwich and got some on my hands , just about to give the fingers a good lick and I head over to the sink and wash it off before I can even consider making one for myself.
And the same thing has gone thru my head. I worked to darn hard today to throw it away on one mishap. Usually a little mishap leads to bigger mishaps for me.
But congrats on throwing it away thats always the best thing to do
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote