Old 03-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of March 13-20

Good morning All: It is a beautiful bright day here. I hope the weather holds until we get to DS's. Didn't get a lot done yesterday, but had a afternoon nap, than laid down while watching TV around 8 and fell asleep. I woke up at 12 or so and took my sleeping pill so I could go back to sleep I have already made dinner to take with us and am thinking of making a chili. Neither D-I-L or DD cook. They all have lunch out than have soup or often cereal for dinner. Dh is going to be looking at them waiting for his dinner to magically appear in front of him and it ain't going to happen so will send stuff for him. I tried to tell him but I don't think he gets it , I think I have created a very dependent person. Good luck to them all. The comments next week will be priceless I'm sure. Well I guess that's it. I will be in touch by Wed for sure and if not me DD will email you. Later
Old 03-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  

Good Morning,
Lynn, good luck next week, I'll be thinking about you and wish you the best DH will figure something out. Mine did when I was laid up, although what he did was to start buying frozen dinners and pizzas. We lived on them for about a year. I'm glad your getting some sleep. Have a safe trip, hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow.

We are still packing. The weather man said that we might get snow every day here next week. I was really hoping it would be better than that when we have to move DD. DH says it would take a major snow storm to stop us from moving her stuff and getting her settled in. We are all getting along better than I ever imagined, but we all are looking forward to things getting back to normal again.
Guess I better get my shower, as we are going over to pack some more this morning. I'm just glad I don't have to unpack all this crap, later, Nikki
Old 03-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone,

The sun is out and it's supposed to be a good day. Hopefully the breeze will stop blowing and make it warmer than it has been.

Do any of you like soy milk? I bought some Soy Slender Chocolate flavored soy milk the other day at Walmart. It's not bad at all. It's sugar free and sweetened w/Splenda. I had tried some vanilla flavored soy milk many years ago and thought it was just so..so.

Lynn, a safe trip and good luck to you! We'll be waiting for your comments and from the sounds of things they will be good.

Hi Nikki, Anne.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, ladies

Bye for now,
Ali

Old 03-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #4  

Good Morning Ladies!!!
I am feeling a whole lot better now. When I dragged my sorry hide in
from work on Friday I went straight to bed. Over the course of the
weekend I elected to eat "normal" to give myself a couple of days to recoup
so I feel a-ok.
My son Jamie is going to try to order Elton John tickets for me, my sister
my mom and himself. They are going on sale today for a concert September
8. I was really shocked and pleased when my mom asked if she
could join us. I said sure!! it'll be fun. Its great to see her starting to
show alittle bit of a spark again

Lynn, best of luck. Don't worry about your DH. He will just appreciate you
alittle more than he already does

Nikki, more snow?? You are probably like me and just about snowed out at
this point

Aleka, I have tryed soya milk after hearing how good it is for us but I always
got a pain in my gut. It doesn't like me.

Talk to you later.
Anne.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies,

It started off kind of foggy this morning, but the sun is shining and it looks like it's going to be a great day. I may even take my chair outside, sit and read. I'm tired of the cloak & dagger books, and am reading a romance novel. I need those every once in awhile, just for something different.

Anne, glad that you had a nice relaxing weekend and that you're feeling rested. That is good news about your Mom wanting to go to the Elton John concert. All of you will have a wonderful time.

Hey Nikki, Lynn,

Later,
Ali

Old 03-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #6  

Good Morning,
I need coffee, but decided to take a shower first, so I have no idea why I'm here I must be disorganized this morning.
Anne, we haven't gotten near the snow you have. We are actually in a drought again from lack of moisture. Today, it's beautiful with clear blue skies. I'm just hoping on the days we will be moving her stuff, that it doesn't snow or rain. They are now predicting rain/snow mix for that day. Hope they are wrong. DH said when she first moved in, that we would move her no matter what the weather was like, but now, he says we can wait a day or two if we have to. Funny how things have turned out, these two have found a way to get along that is kind of neat.
Anne, I'm glad your feeling better. That is wonderful news about your mom showing interest in going to the concert with you and your family.

Ali, I haven't tried chocolate soy milk. I use to drink only soy milk, gave up the milk, but finally went back to regular milk, because I just don't really drink that much of either one. DH won't even try soy milk, so it was a waste. I wonder if the chocolate soy milk would make a good iced coffee drink, with some instant coffee, ice and maybe a touch of cocoa if more chocolate is needed. OH, I'm going to have to buy some and try that.

Yesterday, I ate an entire bag of red hot candies. DH bought them and left them on the counter. They are my favorites and I just kept having one when I'd pass by the bag, until the bag was empty. I'm back on track today, but that blew my loss for last week, so I'm still at the same weight I was last Monday. Guess that'll learn me
Thinking of you Lynn.

Later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 03-14-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone!

It was really beautiful out yesterday. The temp. was in the 80's and kind of muggy. I had the house all opened up and it felt good. It's supposed to be another nice day today.

Nikki, this soy milk that I bought really doesn't taste all that bad. Let me know how that recipe turns out. The next time we go to Walmart I'm going to see if they have more of that milk. I usually put in my cereal. Cereal stays with me about 2 minutes but the more milk I add, the longer it stays with me.

Anne, how was your Monday? I hope you're still feeling good.

Lynn, I'm thinking about you !

Take care.
Ali

Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 AM   #8  

Happy St. Patrick's Day All Well I'm home and what a relief!!!!! I am on home care with a drain so they have to come daily to check it. I'm looking after the drain myself but they check it. Hospital care has deteriateted so badly I feel I am lucky to got out of there without a infection. After surgery I was returned to my room and put on a bed with no sheets andleft for 2 hours. I had my house coat and DH's jacket keeping me warm. DH finally lost it and was handed some sheets but told there was no pillow cases or towels until they got their linen suppy the next morning!!!!!!!!! DD took the next day off and stayed with me and yes raising s--t everywere. DH is very sick, he has an appointment this pm and I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't cracked a rib from coughing. THANK GOD for sleeping pills we can get 3 hours sleep at a time. It is so good to be home. I will write later, I have a lot of emails to read. Haven't read your cards yet but thank's in advance. Later
Old 03-17-2005, 01:36 PM   #9  

Hello Everyone
Top of the morning whoops, afternoon to you all.
Lynn, so glad to hear that your are home again
I know exactly what you mean about hosptials....That is disgusting.
What hospital were your in? Your poor DH, we have had a nasty flu,
cold thing going on at my house too. We keep ping ponging it back and
forth. I have not as of yet got the cough/sore throat business. Last Friday
I had stomache flu man I just hate that.

Hi Nikki and Aleka, I haven't talked to you both in a couple of days. I have
been run ragged at work. I am hoping in a couple of months I will get that
lap top and I will be able to talk to you all a lot more at home.

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #10  

A Happy St Patrick's Day to you all!!!

It has been wet and wild here since the wee hrs. of the morning. We had a tornado watch out yesterday, but thankfully nothing happened. We had some pretty good T/storms go through during the night and we've had torrential downpours with bits of thunder thrown in literally shaking the windows. It's supposed to get better by tomorrow.

Lynn, glad that you're home. What an ordeal you went through at the hospital. I can't get over you not having anything to cover up with. That is horrible. That's good your DD was raising a stink everywhere.
Hope your DH is feeling better soon.

Anne, sorry you're still being run ragged at work. Are you still by yourself?

Nikki, how are things going with you?

Have a good afternoon.

Later,
Ali
Old 03-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon,
Lynn, so glad your home. That is pitiful that you didn't have any sheets or blankets. Did your DH get sick from the hosipital or did he have it before? Is it something that everyone is getting? I'm glad you have home care. People are simple not being cared for anymore and it's appalling. That's good that your daughter was raising ****, because that is what it does take.

Hey, Anne and Ali, glad you guys are doing ok.

DD and I have been busy packing and all. We finished the packing. We stopped and saw her new apartment and she really likes it. It's a very nice one, a little smaller than her last one. She has a very small patio to put a swing on and a little garden area outside her doors. She talked with 3 elder ladies that live there and they all welcomed her and said she would really like living there. The manager said she can move in tomorrow WHOOPEE!! We are going over at 10am in the morning so she can sign the lease, it looks like it's an inch thick. Then, we will clean her new place and start to move her in. DH says we should get it all done tomorrow. I think we will get most if not all of it. After that, DH and I will be going to a benefit dinner for a former coworker and friend of ours. He is struggling with cancer and hasn't been able to work now for many months. DH went around town this morning, putting up signs to invite people to it. It's at the VFW and DH says he plans on drinking as much as he wants. I will have a few myself. Nice thing is, we now have 2 DD's who can drive us home if we get too inebrieated .
Talk to you all in a few days. I am so thankful that your home Lynn and feeling well enough to write a little bit. Nikki
Old 03-18-2005, 07:26 AM   #12  

Good morning Ladies Well it has been an interesting day. DH went to the doctor's and he has pneumonia (spelling?). She wanted to hospitalize him. When he said he couldn't be because of me she kept him there and started medication inhalers etc. and kept checking his chest. He goes back today, I think he is a bit better. I told him I would be ok of coarse DD wants to come and right now I want to be left alone. The St. Elizabeth nurses come every day. I have developed a allergie to something they are using on the incision so am now on a anti -histimine, hope it works got to make it though to Monday when I see the Dr. again. I have been hearing from friends from the past and what a thrill that has been. I am answering a couple of them a day but have to limit my computer time because of the sitting. Tomorrow I am going to get a long phone card and am going to try surfin and typing from bed. I am going to try driving to the drug store today and the $ store is net door. Now laying in bed with my computer and my TV remote sounds like a perfet world Well maybe I will be set up later. Nice hearing from you all, Later
Old 03-19-2005, 07:36 AM   #13  

Good morning,

The rain finally left. I can't get over how much it poured. It has cooled off a little bit. It was 48 deg. this morning. BRRRRR! Ya, I know, you guys from up north are and calling me a wimp.

Lynn, sorry you DH has pneumonia. Did he get it from the hospital? How are you both doing now? I hope you weren't too uncomfortable if you drove your car yesterday. I can just imagine how tough it must be for you sitting for any length of time. Good luck with your Dr. appt. on Mon. Hope he can do something about your allergic reaction.

Anne, how was your work week? It's the weekend and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Nikki, hope you had a good time at the benefit. Did your DD have to drive you guys home?

Enjoy your weekend.

Catch y'all later!
Ali
Old 03-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #14  

Good morning Ladies Well never got to do a thing yesterday, by 10 I was back in bed. Just doing a few simple things and I was worn out. When the nurse saw my incision she told me to lay down as much as possible. My friend came over with Janet Evanovich's new book so I had a good read. We have to go out today so I can make up a Easter basket for my grandson and leave it at DS's on Monday. How is the move going Nikki? Miss your posts. Anne a very beautiful day out there, enjoy your day. Sorry Ali NO sympathy on your cool weather sounds damn fine to me!!!! Well be back later
Old 03-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #15  

I'll start a new thread, see you there, Nikki