Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Another recipe experiment!

I saw something like this on the South Beach recipe thread, and then again today on the Kraft site. I wonder how it would work with FF cheese?

You just put little mounds of cheese on a cookie sheet and bake them until crisp, then cool. The South Beach post said you could eat them with salsa (I think they used a block of cheese and cut into slices, then baked.)

Here's the Kraft thing using parmesan ... how about it?

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=74123

Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok, believe it or not I've eaten this! My Niece (my Core buddy) learned it from Suzanne Somers Somersize. I'll look around for the "recipe". All I can remember is that you have to spray the wax paper with Pam and you cook them in the microwave. I know she posted it on the WW website. I'll try to find them. They were good. We made them with the Trader Joe's FF pepper jack.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:26 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here it is! It was actually on our site too under the older Core Recipes thread back on November 10 of this year. Here's the post.

I have a cheese cracker recipe that is all CORE. I found it when I was doing the Suzanne Somers Somersize diet for about five minutes! I made them this weekend and they were pretty darn good!!

Take a sheet of wax paper big enough to sit at the bottom of your microwave and spray it with Pam. Put about a tablespoon of FF cheese of any kind in different spots on the wax paper. Place in microwave and cook for about a minute 40 to a minute 50 seconds until the cheese is melted and starting to get brown. Don't let it get too brown or it will smell really bad! When it's done, let it sit for a minute or two and then you will have cheese crackers that are crunchy and are a fabulous vehicle for eating salsa or any kind of CORE dip. You can make them and keep them in a tupperware container in your fridge for about a week or so! I was so excited to actually be eating something crunchy - it was a great snack!!!

I can vouch for the VERY BAD SMELL since we made them in my kitchen and we overcooked the first few!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Oh goody!! I am such a cheese lover! Some of the FF mozzarella oozed out of my mushrooms caps and baked onto the pan, and as I was scraping it off to eat it reminded me. I think I'll try with a combination of cheddar and mozzarella.

Side note: DH is eating his dinner and is loving it. I haven't heard this many ooh's and aah's since the last baby shower I attended!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah, we love it too when the cheese gets browned on our macaroni and cheese or anything else. I was really surprised that these got crispy. They would probably also taste good broken up in a salad instead of croutons. I've got a couple of bean dips that they probably would work with.
Closed Thread