Old 11-15-2003, 06:30 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default About this forum

The new Support Group forum will house any permanent or temporary group-type threads. We've seen a lot of support group threads created in the Buddy Up and Support forums, and this has pushed back the newbie intro posts or the regular requests for support. Each of these types of threads are equally wonderful, and deserve their own forums. The new forum will hold any threads that have evolved into mini group-support threads. I hope that doesn't sound too confusing We hope that spreading the threads out into an extra forum will allow a better response to each type of post, in their respective forums.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:59 AM   #2  

Hi Suzanne - I am having a hard time since the crash finding a support group that suits my needs. I like 21 day but days go by with no one posting now. The Week-At-A-Time worked for me too. I like focussed groups - working on specific goals for a week, month, etc. What is involved with me starting my own thread?

Cat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Cat,
Click on the New Thread button and set up your own thread. There is nothing to it, dead easy. Give it a good name and you're sure to get some support.

Good luck
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:56 PM   #4  
kerry

Default I'm new and have many questions

Hi all, I'm new here and would love it if anyone has the answers to some of my questions. I recently lost 52 pounds and had 34 to go. Almost 8 weeks ago I decided to quit smoking and needless to say some of the weight has come back on. To top it off, I have fibromyalgia and exercising lately has been rough. (I need to add that I have NEVER let my fibro get in the way of anything, I actually think I injured myself) So, here's my question, has anyone out there every quit smoking and kept their weight off, if so, how? Also, are there any fibro people out there by any chance? I don't want to go back to smoking but I have to say that I busted my butt trying to lose the 52 and I don't want to go back there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you so much. Kerry
kerrypchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Smoking and weight

Hi Kerry and welcome to the 3FC website. I don't know much about fibro but I'll bet there are plenty here that do. Have you looked further down the list of groups to see if there is any fibromyalgia stuff down there. Could be under Dieting with Medical conditions Thread.

The following is some information I found in our local Sunday paper lift out called Body and Soul. It listed 12 common mistakes people make when trying to lose weight. This is one of them. You may not be able to increase the activity level that much as it seems like you are already working out, but have a read and see if this might fit the bill.

12. smoking instead of eating

Despite the huge health benefits of quitting, many smokers worry about gaining weight when they stop. Some studies have shown that smoking cigarettes increases metabolic rate and recent non-smokers do report an increase in appetite once they quit, but the health risks outweigh the perceived benefits. When you quit, increase your activity level to burn off extra kilojoules and tackle the need for oral satisfaction by chewing on fruit or raw veges when you feel a craving coming on.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #6  
beachbum

Post Hi

I'm new to this forum and don't see a thread for a Retired weight support group . Is there one, where people our age find support in weight & other matters. Thanks. Hugs ")BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #7  

Smile Back again !!!

Hi All -
I am a lifetime member who has fallen off the wagon. It would be great to be able to share the good times along with the difficult times of weight watching. I am looking to loose 30 pounds by October. I'm turning the big 40 and wish to begin a new decade slim and trim. You would think being the mom of 2 busys boys would keep the weight off - no such luck.
Take Care,
Cindy
lewland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #8  

Hi, Kerry, congratulations on your decision to quit smoking, this is the best thing you can do for your health. If you have lost 52 #s in the past, you can do it again if necessary. I lost a couple of good quits because I gained weight. I have now been quit almost 2 years and I feel great! I am still packing around 30 of my 40 quit pounds and am here looking for help with the weight.
Susan
susan1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #9  

Default It's Me Again!

I can't find the Week at a time thread - did it disappear? Can I start a new one?

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypchef
Hi all, I'm new here and would love it if anyone has the answers to some of my questions. I recently lost 52 pounds and had 34 to go. Almost 8 weeks ago I decided to quit smoking and needless to say some of the weight has come back on. To top it off, I have fibromyalgia and exercising lately has been rough. (I need to add that I have NEVER let my fibro get in the way of anything, I actually think I injured myself) So, here's my question, has anyone out there every quit smoking and kept their weight off, if so, how? Also, are there any fibro people out there by any chance? I don't want to go back to smoking but I have to say that I busted my butt trying to lose the 52 and I don't want to go back there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you so much. Kerry
Hey Kerry, I too have Fibro, just found out, would like to hear more. I have a hard time excercising, everything hurts, but I need to I know
Lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #11  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello Suzanne.

I didn't even realize that you had moved our thread to this forum (I usually link through the subscribed threads feature).

Sorry if this is late...but thanks for moving our thread to this group (I need accountability...blah blah blah). It's nice to have a more permanent little home!

Anyone else wish to join us in our thread....we welcome you!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #12  

hi this is number 3 post for me , I am new here ,and don't know what I am doing .so far my other 2 post I am not sure where they went or if any one read them ,I will give it a try here. I was 198 7 years ago and went on low carb way of life, which was very good for me and I lost on and off over 40 pounds, I have been keeping it ok . but had some work done on my feet in Nov last year. any way could not walk for over 2 months, still having a hard time with it. before I did a lot of walking, swimming, and had 3 classes a week, so since Nov, not doing any thing ,and I have put back on 8 pounds. now at 160 which I am having a real hard time to take off. this Monday I thought that I would try WW, and do the point thing. any way I am just doing it at home , was looking for some help with it ,if I am at the right place here, can any one tell me where I could get some help with getting to know my points better, I am 58 this year and would like to eat more fruit and some other foods , with low carb, I do eat a lot of food, but getting a bit fed up with the low carb way, thank you so much for your help Jackie o
jackie o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hey Jackie

I'm pretty sure there is a a whole group of threads dedicated to WW. There should be all the support you need right there! Otherwise, keep looking around and posting - someone will always reply

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi folks, if you look at your name over there <<< in the grey box, you'll see that your name is underlined ... click on it. You should be able to chose from a drop down menu "Find more posts by ???" if you click on that, you'll find every post you've ever made.
Hope that helps you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #15  
Goddess of the Hunt

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5' 7"

Suzanne,

Is there a 40 Something thread that I'm not finding? If not, sounds like I can just create one, right?

Thanks!
dijcar is offline   Reply With Quote